• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Modulators are they good for your suspensions?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Why one need a suspension modulator to increase gc of linea? One can get GC kit from FASS and get it increased easily and still corner like a linea ( ignore the minor body roll as you will get used to it soon)

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Adventurer

Awesome

I can relate to the OP when he talks about the ping pong nature of the Baleno, because even the Ciaz behaves the same way!

This is only when car is fully loaded.

It is too bad that it gives travel sickness over long distances for people sitting in the rear.

Am planning for these suspension modifiers, probably the roger abs one. People have tried it in cars like Civic and Verna with good results. The new age Marutis also join the same bandwagon due to the lousy rear suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brio SMT

Secret

Usually they have high tyre pressure for TD, newer cars. Reducing tyre pressure can make the ride more comfortable but will wear little more and longevity might be affected. But still unless you are going for some vacation or long driver. Setting it it lower than recommended is not a bad thing for comfort. Getting better quality tyres will also help. But suspension is the main problem like most cars and this is normal behavior. I am not sure about any modification though

Adventurer

Awesome

He is not referring to bumpy ride, bumpy ride can be fixed by tyre pressure.

He is referring to bouncy ping pong like soft rear suspension of Baleno which is evident when car is fully loaded. Not evident when u drive alone or with 2-3 pax at all!

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharged View Post
      He is not referring to bumpy ride, bumpy ride can be fixed by tyre pressure.

He is referring to bouncy ping pong like soft rear suspension of Baleno which is evident when car is fully loaded. Not evident when u drive alone or with 2-3 pax at all!

Hmm, I thought it was same for all cars. Din't know Baleno has a design flaw with rear suspension. May be it is not to big of deal and thus they do not care about fixing this

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Satishds View Post
      Other suggestion (though NOT in auto Forums) was to use Suspension Modulators like:

RogerAB: Suspension Rogerab - Roger Motors
      Indisuspension Buffer: Indisuspension Buffer - India
      No point using such gadgets from some unknown company. They are out to make the customer fell that he cant do without it. I understand that India follows the EU norms and regulations for motor vehicles but if you use them in the EU, they will shoot you. No dampers are allowed in between the coils of the suspension springs.
      Similar stuff is sold here but only for offroad use on unregistered vehicles. If you are stopped at a roadside control, they will remove your number plates, add some demerit points and give you a fine as a bonus.
      If the car underbody scrapes the speed breakers, your speed is too high.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Satishds View Post
      Was under the impression that people are polite and helpful . My Apologies for asking a question here and wasting your time. I am not a person who dances to the tunes of a few people who do not care about others interests. I was under the impression that there are a few people who are more knowledgeable that me in automobiles and provide me an answer which will also help a lot of others who are NOT a members of this group, own a Baleno and are trying to find a solution to their problem ( After seeing the above answer, I believe the best solution my knowledgeable friends give is to sell the car and buy a Lamborghini or Bugatti).

I am thinking if I need to continue with this forum.

Mr. Moderator (if anybody) please look at the posts on this forum (including mine, I am sure you will delete this post of mine) before it gets published

Thanks again for a great response and bright suggestion which NOBODY other than bhpistorqintorpm can provide and I believe this great person thinks everybody other than him are DUMB and a person who has done so much of research would not have tried test driving multiple cars(from different Nexa Showrooms and different Manufacturers) and evaluated the offers available on them.
      Satish, seriously!? Are you for real!? Looks like you were just waiting for someone to reply.. others have already put it right. Just for the sake of'politeness' let me explain:

I said 'don't fret so much' = don't worry so much: to 'console' you because you seemed really concerned about the issue. And how would I know that you've already decided on this specific model. Now that's as polite add I can get for you.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cvanandh View Post
      Where did you find that testimonial Ragesh? I want to know which SUV can corner like the Linea 😂
      Lol. Ya may be a Porsche Cayenne. Ya that testimonial is from OP's link Roger Motors
      The first review
      "i installed it in my fiat linea. 1. Front height got increased by 2 inches and rear by 3 2. vast difference in breaking mechanish. breaks seems to have become very active. 3. ride has extremely soft and comfortable and now i take out the potholes and speed breakers without any worry 4. The ride has become extremely comfortable. seems like im driving an SUV !!! 5. take sharp turn withing without throwing myself and the other passengers off the seat 6. very easily take curves on speed of 100+ without getting out body tilted..!!! ORDERING FOR MY SWIFT AND MY FRIENDS FORD FIGO NOW..!!!"

Looks totally fake
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
      Ya that testimonial is from OP's link Roger Motors
      The first review
      I read that first review and I think that Roger has written the review himself. I can do curves at 100 on the motorway with a car on 14 year old shocks and without his magic dampers.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharged View Post
      I can relate to the OP when he talks about the ping pong nature of the Baleno, because even the Ciaz behaves the same way!

This is only when car is fully loaded.

It is too bad that it gives travel sickness over long distances for people sitting in the rear.

Am planning for these suspension modifiers, probably the roger abs one. People have tried it in cars like Civic and Verna with good results. The new age Marutis also join the same bandwagon due to the lousy rear suspension.

Thanks Turbocharged for understanding my question and providing me a hope, I will wait for your feedback after you get it fitted in your vehicle, it would be a valuable not only for me but for all others who own a baleno and are trying to improve the ride quality for themselves and thier co passengers. Have a Happy Diwali

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      Satish, seriously!? Are you for real!? Looks like you were just waiting for someone to reply.. others have already put it right. Just for the sake of'politeness' let me explain:

I said 'don't fret so much' = don't worry so much: to 'console' you because you seemed really concerned about the issue. And how would I know that you've already decided on this specific model. Now that's as polite add I can get for you.
      For once Mr. bhpistorqintorpm let me assume you were trying to give me an advice, Understand the points mentioned by me below:
      1. The Title for my topic was "Suspension Modulators are they good for your suspensions?" -- I did not see any response related to this in your answer!!!
      2. In my post I mentioned that I had been using an ALTO for 12 years, which means I am NOT new to cars or this is NOT my first car, No advice required on test driving from various dealers / Makes
      3. A Car for most people is for the entire family to enjoy (I leave out the uber rich who buy cars just to freak out), having said that Family feedback matters and has to be considered seriously (Somebody who has owned car for some time does a good research). With this in mind when I asked the knowledgeable members of this forum about how to improve the ride quality (by giving options which I was able to get from my research), I got a response asking me to go and test drive other cars, How relevant is this?
      4. A person understands there is an issue in a car which he likes, plans to purchase, does some research to reduce the ill effects of the issue and seeks advice from experts, the response expected is more on Pros and Cons of the suggested solutions and NOT go and try other cars.

Apart from the above, when my response was harsh after seeing your reply,(Which I should not have done) there were other users who never tend to understand what I was asking but straight said I am here to pick a fight!!!!!.

I am thankful to TurboCharged, KimiRaikkonen, Indian who have understood my point and have provided their views.

Have a nice Diwali bhpistorqintorpm and all others who thought I am here to start a big fight.

Quote Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
      Lol. Ya may be a Porsche Cayenne. Ya that testimonial is from OP's link Roger Motors
      The first review
      "i installed it in my fiat linea. 1. Front height got increased by 2 inches and rear by 3 2. vast difference in breaking mechanish. breaks seems to have become very active. 3. ride has extremely soft and comfortable and now i take out the potholes and speed breakers without any worry 4. The ride has become extremely comfortable. seems like im driving an SUV !!! 5. take sharp turn withing without throwing myself and the other passengers off the seat 6. very easily take curves on speed of 100+ without getting out body tilted..!!! ORDERING FOR MY SWIFT AND MY FRIENDS FORD FIGO NOW..!!!"

Looks totally fake
      Thanks RageshGR, I totally agree with you, That is the precise reason I have posted this question here to understand the actual users feedback (if any), or there are many experts in these forums who understand the PRO's and CON's of modifications to the OEM parts, their inputs will be valuable.(in fact when I had to change tyres of my Alto I went through auto forums to decide before doing away the thought of upgrading it to 13" tyre)
      Have a nice Diwali RageshGR
      Last edited by kb100; 30th Oct 2016 at 10:51. Reason: Merged back to back to back posts - please use multi quote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information