• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: BMW X1 bixenon Upgrade

Enjoying the roar of a V8!!!

Awesome

BMW X1 bixenon Upgrade

Hello, I have a 2012 BMW X1 highline which has done about 53,000 kms and now looking for a headlight upgrade. It is running stock currently and i feel the headlight glass has become little dull (may be since its 4 years old). Im also not sure if the stock bixenon bulb itself is dying out slowly since i notice the lighting is highly inadequate compared to other BMW X1s of similar age.

I would like to know any of your suggestions and do you recommend any automotive lighting experts in Chennai who can execute an effective and proper bixenon headlight upgrade?

Awesome

Also, i would like to know if refurbishing the headlight glass will help? (i have done this in some of my previous cars i have owned).
      But, as i mentioned in my previous post, im interested in upgrading the stock bi xenon.
      Im also interested to know if its possible to add or retro fit another bi xenon (2.5 inch projector or smaller ones like XP Micro etc) in the place of the dummy lens present in the BMW X1 as highlighted in the attached image and if that can be sync'd with the mail headlight's HI/LOW beams.
      Let me know your thoughts guys. Would appreciate if any of you guys can provide me contacts of person/garage who can execute these kind of set-ups in BMWs.....
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121212.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	222877  

CrAzY..!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by gnishan View Post
      dummy lens present
      i am not sure about dummy lens.. why would BMW be using a dummy lens in X1. AFAIK you dont need bi-xenon here in X1 as shown in above pic. if the above pic is the setup, the definitely they are not of H4 type. check manual for the types of bulbs it has.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
      '11 Maruti Swift VDi | '16 Maruti Ciaz ZDi+
      '08 Maruti Alto LXi | '11 Hyundai Santro GLS | '12 Chevrolet Beat LS |

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by geniousdahiya View Post
      i am not sure about dummy lens.. why would BMW be using a dummy lens in X1. AFAIK you dont need bi-xenon here in X1 as shown in above pic. if the above pic is the setup, the definitely they are not of H4 type. check manual for the types of bulbs it has.
      First of all, my x1 is a highline model that comes by default with the bixenon projector setup. The stock is a 35w bixenon and definetly not h4. I had installed 55w 5000k bixenons in my swift couple years ago and it was a simple setup unlike bmw x1..
      Im looking for a similar upgrade from 35w to 55w bixenons for my bmw x1 and refurbishing the X1's headlight glass to remove the dullness/mild fading and some spots. Im also considering to add an additional bixenon set up in the dummy lens housing as marked in the above picture or in the fog lamp housing. ( looking at xp micro kinda product).

Yes, that secondary projector lens you see marked in the picture is dummy and it is sealed at the rear without any bulb in it. As per bmw, that secondary projector lens housing remains empty in all bmw x1s and 3 series in the Indian market.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gnishan View Post
      that secondary projector lens housing remains empty in all bmw x1s and 3 series in the Indian market.
      that's strange for a marquee brand to do it. on the other hand you have a perfect spot for upgrade!!
      also, i've read that OE HID ballasts/light setups are the best in the market. do you find your earlier Swift setup better than X1?

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Thread Information