• Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket struts for civic

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by prashant_mandhare04 View Post
      Were these Sachs struts India made or imported, purchased locally?
      I dont live in India. These are the ones that were on the car from the factory. They are German made. Even if they are made in India they should hold the same quality as the German made ones.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      I dont live in India. These are the ones that were on the car from the factory. They are German made. Even if they are made in India they should hold the same quality as the German made ones.
      Checked ZF.com site and found that manufacturing plant mentioned on struts box is authentic under ZF main company. So I expect good quality in these struts (if not as good as German made.. But should should be better than other aftermarket struts)

Got front and rear struts replaced today. also changed mounts and bearings in front. Ride quality is definitely improved now, it does handle bad roads better now.

Sent from Tapatalk

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by prashant_mandhare04 View Post
      Ride quality is definitely improved now, it does handle bad roads better now.
      I have a brand new set of Sachs shocks here in reserve but have never checked where they are made. These are heavy duty touring oil shocks and look like ordinary shocks on steroids.
      I paid 200 for all 4 and these are very heavy duty shocks made for commercial vehicles. My car is made for a total weight of 2,700 kg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sachs.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	222938
      Last edited by Indian; 14th Nov 2016 at 21:19.

Awesome

i am not sure about honda ..... ford made me buy PARTS and PAY LABOUR to them 2 year back for a wheel well liner ,which i replaced myself at home .

chevy did the same for my cruze while i bought a set of brake pads for a emergency .

but now BOTH FORD and Chevy sell me parts OVER COUNTER . and charge for PARTS + taxes only .

AFIAK TATA and MARUTHI also sell parts over counter .

HYUNDAI has THIER MOBIS shops to buy parts FROM .

so i doubt if HONDA alone can SAY " NO we wont SELL you PARTS " .

the dealer is taking you for a RIDE , literally.

please call HONDA cutomer care and ask what thier COMPANY policy is on this regard.

if they say thier dealers sell over the counter , then Raise a complaint against you dealer and ask them which other dealer They can suggest to buy parts from Near your locality .

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
      it demands more part replacement and going to to dealership each time will cost you bomb. Over last 1 year, i had to handle steering rack leak, suspension work, CV joing seems to be giving up, and many other small niggles.
      Hey I know this is a really old thread but what were the symptoms you faced?
      I own an ANHC and I changed the rods but despite sounds reduced, I can still hear dugaduga sound over slight potholes not over major ones

Enjoying the freedom of
      personal transport. Damm the
      metro trains, automated cars
      etc.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Hey I know this is a really old thread but what were the symptoms you faced?
      I own an ANHC and I changed the rods but despite sounds reduced, I can still hear dugaduga sound over slight potholes not over major ones
      Could you elaborate on the dugaduga sound you are facing? How many kms has your car completed? It could be anything from the strut mounts to even the steering rack.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
      Could you elaborate on the dugaduga sound you are facing? How many kms has your car completed? It could be anything from the strut mounts to even the steering rack.
      Steering rack? Funny thing , just yesterday I thought I heard some sound at the extremes while turning completely at standstill from parking
      Done 30k km but very spirited and a fair bit of very rough roads

Enjoying the freedom of
      personal transport. Damm the
      metro trains, automated cars
      etc.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Steering rack? Funny thing , just yesterday I thought I heard some sound at the extremes while turning completely at standstill from parking
      Done 30k km but very spirited and a fair bit of very rough roads
      Well that sounds to me from what you are describing, to be the steering rack. If the car is stationary and you turn the wheel vigorously from left to right, you would be able to hear a loose feeling clunky noise at the ends. That is typically a sign that the steering rack has to be replaced. This is not something that can be catastrophic in my experience, so if one doesn't feel the need to splurge, replacement can be postponed to a later date. That said, 30k kms is a very short period of time for this to happen. I would suggest you take it to a competent independant garage in your city, or a Honda Service Center, and tell the guy that you are suspecting the steering rack. He will easily be able to check and confirm.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
      Well that sounds to me from what you are describing, to be the steering rack. If the car is stationary and you turn the wheel vigorously from left to right, you would be able to hear a loose feeling clunky noise at the ends. That is typically a sign that the steering rack has to be replaced. This is not something that can be catastrophic in my experience, so if one doesn't feel the need to splurge, replacement can be postponed to a later date. That said, 30k kms is a very short period of time for this to happen. I would suggest you take it to a competent independant garage in your city, or a Honda Service Center, and tell the guy that you are suspecting the steering rack. He will easily be able to check and confirm.
      Will do the same then
      I intend on switching to a new car in the coming months but its a tough car to replace and I dont feel like switching completely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information