• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which car with high seating level? Bad lower back problem

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

which car with high seating level? Bad lower back problem

since i have developed a lower back problem which cars are recommended with higher seating positions? My maximum budget would be uptil a creta level. I cuurently own a verna fluidic which is horribly low and is main cause of my back problems.

Are there any discounts post demonitization on certain brands?
      Home Audio : Audiolab 8200 CDP - Krell 400xi Amp - Dynaudio Focus 140s Standmounts- Chord Cabling and XLR Interconnects
      Car Audio : P99RS HU - Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 Way Kicks - Rainbow Germanium Four - Gladen SQx-12 Sub - AIV Cabling and interconnects

Ritzzzzzz

Awesome

also try the below with current car

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=am...amron+backrest

Awesome

main problem is also getting in and out of the car.. even thouhg the back rest wud also help together with higher seating.
      Home Audio : Audiolab 8200 CDP - Krell 400xi Amp - Dynaudio Focus 140s Standmounts- Chord Cabling and XLR Interconnects
      Car Audio : P99RS HU - Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 Way Kicks - Rainbow Germanium Four - Gladen SQx-12 Sub - AIV Cabling and interconnects

Brio SMT

Secret

I too am having back problem and think more driving these days is causing it. My car too has low seating which I prefer for driving but may be not good for back. I also sit close to steering wheel. But honestly rather than getting another car probably more sensible option is to get better back support instead or completely change the seats

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
      main problem is also getting in and out of the car..
      this can be troublesome
      but i did not understand why would low seating cause back pain? how inclined is your seat back while driving. having an upright back rest coupled with lower seating can lead to discomfort. i normally prefer inclining the seats and this helps in reducing fatigue.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Cruising along :D

Awesome

Hi Jazzman. I myself started having lower back pain almost 2 years ago due to slip disc. At that time, I used to drive a Toyota Fortuner. For my height which is 5'7", the ingress and egress required me to pull my body just a little bit when entering or exiting the car. The other car option that I had was the 5 series which is painfully low. After almost one year, my doctor advised me to get something like a crossover SUV of sorts. Therefore, I purchased a Creta last year and have been immensely happy with it ever since. For people of my height, it is a perfect match. Even my wife started suffering from lower back pain almost at the same time last year although her case was not as serious as mine. She also was relieved when we got the Creta. These days that's my daily driver and wifey also prefers the creta whenever we are going out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

I don't think high seating position found in usual SUVs will be solution for back pain issue, rather those will be more problematic in long run. Cars are more comfortable for long journeys given that you have adjusted the seat properly.

I have seen many people keep the seats very close to steering, also keep the backrest in straight up position instead of keeping it inclined, which in return creates problem.

As a thumb rule, your legs and and back should be in same angle. Elbow should not be bent too much while holding steering. Seat should be kept at a distance from where your legs can press the pedals fully with ease, without having too much bent left at knees.

Also, soft seats and soft suspension also result into discomfort during long journeys.

This might be helpful : How to Adjust your Seating Position while Driving - Part 1 | Eddie Jackman

Awesome

yes.. i do have seats at incline and not too front up...
      incedentaly while using OLA last few days some cars which were very comfortable while seated in front with seat at slight incline were:

1. Wagon R
      2. dezire and one more from maruti model i dont remember

Although i wud hate to buy either one of them.. both these cars but have to say were extremely comfy for my back...

Some other cars which i found horrible for my back were:
      Merc E class
      Jaguar
      Rapid

Cruising along :D

Awesome

[QUOTE=Jazzman;543771

1. Wagon R
      [/QUOTE]

My father has also suffered from slip disc in the year 2001 till 2005. During that time (a period of ten years), he bought wagon r thrice, each new one after selling of the old one and then finally settling over the Ecosport 3 years ago. I firmly believe that your ingress and egress angles/position are important when entering or existing the car. You should definitely look at crossover options IMHO. Other factors such as driving position etc are smaller reasons and would not offer much relief. Trust me I've tried each possible option before finally making up my mind to get a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Aakash Narang View Post
      My father has also suffered from slip disc in the year 2001 till 2005. During that time (a period of ten years), he bought wagon r thrice, each new one after selling of the old one and then finally settling over the Ecosport 3 years ago. I firmly believe that your ingress and egress angles/position are important when entering or existing the car. You should definitely look at crossover options IMHO. Other factors such as driving position etc are smaller reasons and would not offer much relief. Trust me I've tried each possible option before finally making up my mind to get a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Slip disc due to car seats ??? I also have back problem and obviously doctor do not recommend driving or sitting on car instead best is to sleep on floors instead of bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information