• Secret

Thread: Can we change car's colour?

Baleno Perfect Ride and
      Comfort!

Awesome

Blog Entries

Arrow Can we change car's colour?

Greetings,
      My car Baleno has Silver colour. Somehow I think that I need to change the colour. But I don't know about the Insurance. I have third party insurance for car. Which was of no use when the bus hit the car behind. And all I had was just big disappointment. Now I am doing repairing and denting work. Only the Trunk got hit, but saved us all. So hat's off to the car!!!!!!
      I want to change it to either red colour or any other descent metallic colour. Any idea is this possible.
      If the RTO has to check the papers RC Book, will it be overruled or wrong to have a different colour other than original one?
      Also does it make insurance void in case of third party?
      Thank you.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
      Which was of no use when the bus hit the car behind.
      This is why the law demands that everyone has third party cover, to cover damages caused to other third parties. This means the insurance of the bus company covers the repairs to you car. He was the one that drove into you from behind. If that does not happen, there is no point paying for third party insurance.

reclaiming my life!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
      Greetings,
      My car Baleno has Silver colour. Somehow I think that I need to change the colour. But I don't know about the Insurance. I have third party insurance for car. Which was of no use when the bus hit the car behind. And all I had was just big disappointment. Now I am doing repairing and denting work. Only the Trunk got hit, but saved us all. So hat's off to the car!!!!!!
      I want to change it to either red colour or any other descent metallic colour. Any idea is this possible.
      If the RTO has to check the papers RC Book, will it be overruled or wrong to have a different colour other than original one?
      Also does it make insurance void in case of third party?
      Thank you.
      Are you planning to repaint the entire car in different color, then yes you need to update the RC book with the color, failing to do so may cause trouble for you with the authorities since they might think that the car is stolen and you have repainted and using it
      If you just want to paint the boot(only the boot lid) then thats allowed I guess since the major color of the car will be the same factory one. I have seen cars having their roof blackened, stripes added which causes no issues for them or the authorities so assuming changing just the boot lid color will also not cause any issue to you.

Regards,
      hawx

Baleno Perfect Ride and
      Comfort!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Thanks,
      That's what I needed. Family wants to change the colour. though it will cost much like 20 - 25 K but I guess that will give a new and fresh look to the car.
      I will soon gather the info and will update the forum. Thanks so much.
      Warm Thank you!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

You can change car colour and update in RC book. The procedure is show the car to RTO and get them noticed, repaint it and produce the car with invoices of paint purchase, labour charges and other supporting papers.

RTO will trace chasis number again and update the colour in your RC.

Any reliable RTO agent with few thousand rupees can do this in a day even if you dont have invoice, colour code etc.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Baleno Perfect Ride and
      Comfort!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      This is why the law demands that everyone has third party cover, to cover damages caused to other third parties. This means the insurance of the bus company covers the repairs to you car. He was the one that drove into you from behind. If that does not happen, there is no point paying for third party insurance.
      Thanks! Actually it's what it should be. But we need to pack the insurance. I came to understand that Third party insurance is just for either to showcase that you have valid insurance or if there is any collision between private cars then it is useful. Otherwise it's just a piece of paper.

Baleno Perfect Ride and
      Comfort!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Thanks, it's really valuable info. Now I got the clear insight of the Painting Scenario. thanks. really wonderful forum where people help each other!
      Warm regards.

Baleno Perfect Ride and
      Comfort!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Greetings,
      Just got the denting work done! And The Trunk just looks like a new makeover. This man promised me just 3 days and done work in time. 6.5 K. Awesome!
      I got a painting quotation about 10-11 K for whole car painting and polishing.
      Someone else said up to 7k. But I don't trust him.
      The whole car paint would cost 30K
      Bumpers paint 3k each.

Thread Information