• Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: ICE Upgrade for my car in stages

My heart pumps fuel. Not
      blood.

Hungry

ICE Upgrade for my car in stages

Hello Gearheads!

I have a stock 2 DIN music system in my Hyundai Grand i10 with stock speakers. I am planning to upgrade my music system in stages. My main requirement is quality of sound. I am not a big fan of some of those booming sounds i have heard in some of the Audio setups but I do like to have some base in my music. I usually listen to all types of music, both Indian and Western but I have a soft corner for hard rock, metal and trance genres. I am looking at a fairly high end build so I am breaking it in stages so that I do not go bankrupt.

Below is my requirements and plan:

Stage 1 - Head Unit (25K budget planned. Willing to extend to meet my requirements)

• Planning to get it installed by December 2016
      • Touch screen preferred
      • Able to connect to my android device easily
      • Needs support for rear camera (which my car does not have, currently)
      • GPS (preferred but not mandatory)
      • Clear audio quality (I am willing to shell out the extra cost if
      • DVD support
      • Steering control (this is absolutely required)

Stage 2 - Speakers (Rs. 25K budget. Willing to extend to meet my requirements)

• Planning to get it installed by Q1 2017
      • I am considering all 4 components. There are a lot of brands out there. Not able to decide which ones to pick. Again budget is not a constraint. I prefer clarity of sound than getting a booming effect as seen in some setups

Stage 3 - Amplifier (Not very sure about the costs involved)

• Again, there are so many options, mono, 2 channel, 4 channel. Not able to figure out which one would suit my needs as specified above. Kindly guide me.

Stage 4 - Wiring (Not very sure about the costs involved)
      • I am not very good with this. I prefer high quality wiring. Kindly guide me.

Stage 5 - Damping (Not very sure about the costs involved)

• Again, I am not very sure about how to go about this. Kindly guide me.

Stage 6 - Sub Woofer (Not very sure about the costs involved)
      • I am not sure if I will go for this as I do travel a lot and boot space is a premium when traveling with family. However, I request any inputs on this

Installation:
      • This is a very important factor. Everything will go to waste if i invest on a high end system but then if it is not installed properly. Where can I get my music system installed in Bangalore? Are there any Gearheads recommended places I can get my stuff installed? I would prefer any place around Jayanagar but then when it comes to quality work, I am willing to travel the distance just for this. Any gearheads staying in or around this area that can guide me? I would really appreciate it.

This music system setup is worth my life. Looking forward to your inputs, suggestions and guidance.

My heart pumps fuel. Not
      blood.

Hungry

My wife saw this post and freaked out. Her argument was that I can rather spend some money on a gold chain that she has been very keenly keeping an eye on.

With a very heavy heart, I am fixing my budget at 50K max. Any inputs on which components to go with is greatly appreciated.

Audio Banned

Awesome

Since you are in Bangalore, you can contact piyush7243 , mclaren1885 (Rahul). Both are into ICE business and can guide you with your setup.

Do read through a number of build logs in this forum to get an idea of the possibilities within your completely remodified budget.

The entire country is bankrupt now...and I just received a wisecrack on whatsapp today which fits apt to your second post......hope you can understand Hindi......

Biwi Indian Currency jaise hogayi hai "Purani chalti nahin aur Nayi milti nahin".....
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 amps, Dayton midbass and wideband, Dayton AMT tweeters, Infinity Kappa sub, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables,
      Home: 3-way active: Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, DIY 3-way tower speakers, 6-channel DNM amplifier: 2-way passive: Laptop source, TEAC UD301 DAC, 6J1 active tube buffer, Adcom amplifier, Infinity bookshelf and Wharfedale subwoofer

My heart pumps fuel. Not
      blood.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      Since you are in Bangalore, you can contact piyush7243 , mclaren1885 (Rahul). Both are into ICE business and can guide you with your setup.

Do read through a number of build logs in this forum to get an idea of the possibilities within your completely remodified budget.

The entire country is bankrupt now...and I just received a wisecrack on whatsapp today which fits apt to your second post......hope you can understand Hindi......

Biwi Indian Currency jaise hogayi hai "Purani chalti nahin aur Nayi milti nahin".....
      Hey gkannan! Thanks for your inputs. I have already reached out to Mclaren1885 based on several recommendations. And he has been kind enough to respond back to my queries. I am a noob when it comes to car Audio setup. I am more into PC gaming myself and in the gaming world, audio quality is VERY important. Hope that Maclaren1885 will guide me on the right components.

And yes I do understand and speak Hindi. However, when the Home Minister stands up and takes stalk of the situation, I dont think there is any husband out there that can do much.. . At the end, I still have to drive back home bro. Thats where my second life is.. My killer gaming pc.

My heart pumps fuel. Not
      blood.

Hungry

Finally got the chance to meet #mclaren1885 today! It was really great interacting with him. I was hoping to experience the sound of some of his ongoing builds it was not my lucky day. Finally, going to get the Pioneer AVH-X8890BT installed tomorrow as my new HU. Super excited about it.

Below is a pic with me and mclaren1885 taken earlier in the evening with my Grand i10 in the background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C360_2016-12-09-18-44-23-022.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	223262

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Was great meeting you as well. Hopefully, you may just get to hear the car we were working on tomorrow if all things go as per plan!
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

My heart pumps fuel. Not
      blood.

Hungry

Finally, got the Pioneer AVH-X8890BT HU installed in my Grand i10. Thanks to #mclaren1885 and everyone at Top Gear for the installation. Trust me when I say this, the HU is one monster waiting to be unleashed. I can already feel the difference in the quality of sound as compared to the stock HU. It is worlds apart.

And mclaren1885, thanks a lot for the demo on that autio setup. It was just mind blowing. I am beginning to feel what I have planned is childs play.

Stage 1 of my car audio upgrade completed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1481368237822.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	943.2 KB 
ID:	223264
      Last edited by icecoldsipra; 10th Dec 2016 at 16:04. Reason: fixed location of image!

Thread Information