• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: What hatchback to replace our Maruti 800

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

What hatchback to replace our Maruti 800

Car to be replaced : July 2009 Maruti 800, with 1.75 lakh on the odo.
      Reason: Its just become way to unreliable. Broke down the five times in the past month alone

Other vehicles in the garage:
      January 2012 Skoda Fabia 1.2 Petrol, 52K on the odo (she's a keeper, so plz no suggestions of sell the Fabia, also we need two cars).

Requirements:
      Will be a city car only. Soall I is need good FE, AC and Power Steering. The 800 is a PITA to turn.

Shortlist: (in no particular order)
      1: Ford Figo Base Petrol
      2: Fiat Punto Pure Petrol (The evo is hideous, and cant stretch for the base urban cross or the avventura)
      3: Tata Tiago petrol
      4: Tata Tiago diesel
      5: Tata Bolt Petrol Base

Cars not considered:
      1: Chevrolet Beat. Due for a replacement soon, AFAIK
      2: Grand i10. My cousin has an xcent, and i dont really like it.
      3: Brio. Cramped
      4: Swift. Due replacement
      5: Micra. too old
      6: pulse. too old
      7: polo. basically the same car as our fabia.
      8: Baleno, jazz, elite i20. too expensive

Concerns about shortlisted cars
      1: Figo. The built quality. After owning th Fabia, i've been spoilt silly by the built quality. Nothing rattles, and the doors close with a solid thud. The built quality is one of the reasons none of the Marutis and hyundais made it to my list.
      2: Punto. Fuel efficiency and performance. The fabia feels slow. Barely reaches 140. Cruises at around 120, and we have Swifts and i20s overtaking us left, right and centre, on punjab's basically brilliant roads. And it is thirsty. Giving about 13-14 on the highway and 10-ish in the city. What are the punto numbers going to be.
      3: Tiago petrol. Basically everything. The AC+ Power Steering model ( called XE i guess) is 3.8 ex showroom, whereas both the punto and the figo are about 70K more. Does it make sense to extend, or is the Tiago a good enough car.
      4: Tiago diesel. Solely considered because of the underwhelming reviews of the tiago petrol drivetrain, and for the fact hat we have a budget of 4.5, so why not consider it. We have 0 experience of owning a diesel.
      5: Bolt. On the list solely because it is a sales dud, and that means huge discounts. Also is a reasonably spacious vehicle. Is the engine in the Tiago petrol and the Bolt the same?

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Your city car runs a lot! Even if we reduce the mileage of your 800 by half, your new car will run quite a distance in next five years.
      My suggestion would be - Celerio petrol, Tiago Diesel. You can also enquire about Brio discounts. As a new one is on the cards, Honda was offering high discounts on the Brio. From the inside, it has no space issues. Yes, the boot is small.
      If you dont have many passengers in the car, Kwid also makes lot of sense. The only downside with it is that the claimed ground clearance vanishes with four passengers on board.
      Why walk when you can run?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I am having punto 1.3 mjd , if you are looking for more city driving go for figo petrol and want to overtake some big ones go for punto diesel.as par my personal opinion light weight petrol car is always good to drive in city.i used zen and i10 for 3 years.but if you want to go fast with economy in mind above 90hp diesel will do good work for you.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Brio SMT

Secret

Tiago is a sensible option but if you are looking for best handling car then it has to be Brio

Thread Information