• Secret
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Indian Italian Jet...FIAT Linea Tjet

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

I am back from the funfilled trip to Bangalore.

Supernova's behavior was fantastic. Total distance covered was 1857 kms. Overall fuel economy achieved 15.4 kmpl as per tankful. 15.9 as per MID. It includes around 150 kms of Banglore city driving.
      Supernova is inching towards 38K kms.
      Route detail is updated in route discussion threads.

Some observation -
      Pune seems like village as compared to Bangalore. I visited Bangalore after more than a decade.
      I always thought that driving etiquette is very bad in Pune. Now, after bangalore it seems pune is much, much better than Banglore. Mumbai is the best!

Fiat da Best

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
      Overall fuel economy achieved 15.4 kmpl as per tankful
      Glad your enjoying T-Jet by every mile. Just see if you can fill-out the Tank half and check the Mileage
      Fiat Punto 2011 - Alpine CDA 9886 | HAT Mirus || Toyota Camry 2014 OEM
      HT - Samsung 4K 55" | Harman Kardon AVR 158 | JBL SCS 140 || Home Audio NAD 705 Stereo Receiver | Fiio DAC | Elac B6 | Blue jeans Cable

What a CAR?

Awesome

I always thought that driving etiquette is very bad in Pune. Now, after bangalore it seems pune is much, much better than Banglore. Mumbai is the best!
      Bangalore has some of the worst traffic situations in India. As such we Indians don't belong to the league of the western world - They work on a simple principle of GIVE WAY.. We work on TAKE AWAY..

Overall fuel economy achieved 15.4 kmpl as per tankful. 15.9 as per MID.
      That is good FE. What was the average MID speed?
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
      What was the average MID speed
      Average speed for the entire trip was 60kmph as per MID. I have few pictures captured of MID, will upload those here.

they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by balaji.jkb View Post
      Just see if you can fill-out the Tank half and check the Mileage
      I fuelled 4 times for the entire trip. The latest one is serving me still in the pune traffic.
      Below are the details as per tankful method for the first 3.

1. shell - Hinjewadi, Pune - 16kmpl (This include some 22 odd kms of pune city driving)
      2. Reliance - NH48 in Karnataka (First bunk once you cross the dharwad bypass and enter onto 4 lane road towards b'lore) - 14.1 kmpl
      3. Shell - Brookfield, Bangalore - 15.2 kmpl
      4. HP - NH48 in Karnataka (First bunk once you cross the dharwad bypass and enter onto 4 lane road towards Pune) - Still going on After refuelling, I had clocked 404 km by the time I reached home at an average 16.7 as per MID.

Fun to be fast :D

Awesome

Great going. My Tjet seems to be give me around the same average as you get. If driven sedately < 120 kmph I get around 16 kmpl. With maniac right foot it's 11kmpl approx.
      And the infamous bangalore traffic always gives me 8kmpl

Driving :)

Awesome

I fuelled 4 times for the entire trip. The latest one is serving me still in the pune traffic.
      Below are the details as per tankful method for the first 3.

1. shell - Hinjewadi, Pune - 16kmpl (This include some 22 odd kms of pune city driving)
      2. Reliance - NH48 in Karnataka (First bunk once you cross the dharwad bypass and enter onto 4 lane road towards b'lore) - 14.1 kmpl
      3. Shell - Brookfield, Bangalore - 15.2 kmpl
      4. HP - NH48 in Karnataka (First bunk once you cross the dharwad bypass and enter onto 4 lane road towards Pune) - Still going on After refuelling, I had clocked 404 km by the time I reached home at an average 16.7 as per MID.
      OT:- Recently, i have caught a fueling station guy while filling diesel, if you find two people on the filling booth be careful, one person distracts you and other with filling diesel.

Scenario :-
      1. Entered into the filling station,there were two person(X & Y) on one filling machine, X person greeted me, good morning sir and Y person ready to fill the diesel.
      2. X asked me kithna sir(How much) , i said Ek hajar(One thousand), X person went to the machine and entered some values and Y person started filling and then he stopped at 201 rupees(i observed on the machine), X came to me and said sir 200 rupees ka daal diyan(sir filled 200 rupees diesel), then i replied bhai Ek hajaar(bro,one thousand).
      3. Again X pressed some numbers on the machine and said to Y person another 800rupeees, he came to me and started diverting me by saying and showing his tag hanging around neck to do paytm to pay bill etc etc... my eyes on the machine.
      4. then Y person stopped filling at 800rupees, i looked at X person, X told Y make it 1000rupeees(he came to know that the machine was not resetted after 201rs filling).
      5. Then i came out of car and replied him Ch****a bana raa kya ? X started giving me bull shit reasons.
      6. Asked him if it was 200 rupees at first instance, then why the machine has stopped at 201 rupees, that means X has done nothing on the machine,just a fake to show me. Secondly,when i said him once again 1000 rupees what values did you entered on the machine ? as though if you have set for another 800 rupees,but the machine started from 201 rupees and why did the Y stopped at 800 rupees.
      7. Shouted loudly , people gathered and asked him i want to talk with owner.Then X asked sorry ,will not repeat sir and please dont say to the owner.
      8. Then went a way without complaining owner.

Becarefull on fuelling stations.

they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

I have observed similar behavior many a times Bonnet!

One experience which left a bad taste.
      The latest petrol pump (HP) from where I fuelled on return leg also did similar tactic. I told him clearly to do a tank full. Once around 36 litres went into tank, auto cut triggered and I asked him to stop. Still he flushed more and petrol got overflowed. Then he said "auto cut nahi hai kya?" I frowned at him that despite I asked to stop why did you continued. But then he became deaf dumb like i am from some other planet. I just paid, cleaned the section which became dirty and went away
      Last edited by abhi_tjet; 15th Feb 2018 at 10:33.

No More Half Measures

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnet View Post
      n Y person stopped filling at 800rupees, i looked at X person, X told Y make it 1000rupeees(he came to know that the machine was not resetted after 201rs filling).
      One attendant collecting cash with a bag will come to us and say "Sir do you have change, many give 2000 rupees for 100 Rs petrol etc.," "Give me money sir... give me change sir i need to give another guy" etc., all this to distract me when my eyes are fixed on the machine for filling petrol for 200 in my bike,.

It has become a habit now since 2011 to get down from drivers seat, lean relaxed in my car standing and watching till last drop of ddiesel filled. No talks nothing. Many times after the filling is done , I've outright shouted at the attendant who tried to distract me while the filling was in progress like WHY DID TO DISTRACT ME YOU CHEATER!

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

I have always been maintaining a log for all my rides religiously to make sure I get what I pay for, make sure I stick to the best available pump preferably company owned and run, always go for a tank full(except my Willys...LOL) if its partiall filling ask for odd amount of rs like 536/- 524/-...etc, always get filling done early morning when temperature is down and ask the guy to select the middle notch for filling else the air gets trapped and overflow occurs and u think tank is full where as the tank will consume more fuel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information