• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ICEing a 2013 Honda City SMT

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by littlegreenman View Post
      Do we get the NEX units in India? I am deciding between 80prs and 5850bt. The latter does not have a 3-way network mode, but does it make sense in going active with a basic config of front comps+4channel amp? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
      No, 4200NEX is not available in India, you will have to get it from abroad.Why 5850BT and not 5890 BT. I think that is also available. I would re iterate if SQ and tuning prowess then 80PRS else 5890/5850 BT.

Going active will surely help but with a budget setup, effect would be minimal.
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Audio Banned

Awesome

littlegreenman Active or passive, go ahead and take the 80prs among the two if sound quality is the primary concern
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 amps, Dayton midbass and wideband, Dayton AMT tweeters, Infinity Kappa sub, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables,
      Home: 3-way active: Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, DIY 3-way tower speakers, 6-channel DNM amplifier: 2-way passive: Laptop source, TEAC UD301 DAC, 6J1 active tube buffer, Adcom amplifier, Infinity bookshelf and Wharfedale subwoofer

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

My city is running an 80PRS with just two coaxials powered off the head unit nowadays.
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2008 Skoda Octavia

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
      My city is running an 80PRS with just two coaxials powered off the head unit nowadays.
      so what is\was your install? Any pic on how the 80prs looks on the dash? I can only imagine how a 1din looks on the dash. From where did you source the dashkit? Any other city specific info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Awesome

A question to the wise men in ICE:
      Will a DSP with stock HU make more sense than an HU swap? My source of music is mostly 320kbps MP3. I dont have any amp now. But plan to install a 4channel along with this.

I see that the Mosconi 4to6 comes to around 25k. This will come close to what an HU+dashkit in terms of cost. Is it possible to run a DSP without a remote?

TIA

Last edited by littlegreenman; 16th May 2017 at 20:09. Reason: Updated the question.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

A question to the wise men in ICE:
      Will a DSP with stock HU make more sense than an HU swap? My source of music is mostly 320kbps MP3. I dont have any amp now. But plan to install a 4channel along with this.

I see that the Mosconi 4to6 comes to around 25k. This will come close to what an HU+dashkit in terms of cost. Is it possible to run a DSP without a remote?
      If you are not looking to use the setup in a Active config or there is no major roadblock in changing the stock HU, then definitely go with an aftermarket HU with a 4ch amplifier for your setup. It just makes the most VFM combination and gives you the best SQ in the end and ticking off all the requirements that you have. Not to mention let you try higher than mp3 resolution media later on.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      If you are not looking to use the setup in a Active config or there is no major roadblock in changing the stock HU, then definitely go with an aftermarket HU with a 4ch amplifier for your setup. It just makes the most VFM combination and gives you the best SQ in the end and ticking off all the requirements that you have. Not to mention let you try higher than mp3 resolution media later on.
      Thanks for the comment.

The reasons I was thinking of the DSP route are:
      1. No need to remove/replace the factory dash install. This is also likely to introduce rattles in the dash.
      2. I'm not sure if the dashkit will have the same fit and finish of factory panel.
      3. More tuning options compared to an hu.

The major drawback I see here is the cost. The only unit that falls in my budget is the Mosconi 4to6. I've read good things about this unit. This triggered the DSP idea.

Anyway, I'm still trying to finalize.

Thanks

Awesome

Thanks for the comment.

The reasons I was thinking of the DSP route are:
      1. No need to remove/replace the factory dash install. This is also likely to introduce rattles in the dash.
      2. I'm not sure if the dashkit will have the same fit and finish of factory panel.
      3. More tuning options compared to an hu.

The major drawback I see here is the cost. The only unit that falls in my budget is the Mosconi 4to6. I've read good things about this unit. This triggered the DSP idea.

Anyway, I'm still trying to finalize.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to finalize the next stage of upgrade - amplifier.

I'll be replacing the stock HU with the Pioneer Z2090BT, but need suggestions for a four channel amp to power the front components and a decent subwoofer in the future.

Budget - 15 to 18k.

Thanks

S-Crossed!

Awesome

If you ask any dealer / distributor or someone commercially involved , the answer you get is the one they have in stock as the best amp available around. This is purely my experience.
      So have your own research before the final call.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
      Drive Safe!

JVS - S-Crossed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information