• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Results 31 to 39 of 39

    Thread: [DIY] Improve the Bass Punch of Your Subwoofer

    1. #31

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      363
      1. Take woofer out wires From current amp and connect it to sealed car 12 inch woofer. Then come back to me. Running.

      2. The older speakers you are saying probably have passive crossovers inbuilt.

      3. Do not fiddle with 78XX ICs. the woofer will need over 2A of current, Preferably over 4A during bass hits. The 7812 will starve the amp during bass hits. Probably blow the amp or make it go into PROTECT.

      Go for decent adjustable DC-DC step down converters from ebay. the 5A rated are just 200~250 Ruppes I think.

    2. #32
      Swift does rattle a lot :-(
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      In what practical case voltage drops below 13Vs
      When the car's engine is not running, with considerable load (eg, fans, lights etc) on the battery, the voltage may drop with time. But you will not face this in normal conditions when car is running.


      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      Yes, it should've worked. I paid 2.4k for the device which is showing error from day one if speaker adapter plugged and volume increased above 10% or so. It worked for a while with bass knob at 'zero' but again showed error when bass is increased. I bought the inverter to power speaker, not to power any other AC device though i later use it to charge camera and wireless transmitters.
      Not sure though, but as you have the inverter, you can try an SMPS based 12V (>3A) adapter (power supply) with the inverter.

      Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Go for decent adjustable DC-DC step down converters from ebay. the 5A rated are just 200~250 Ruppes I think.
      I think this is the best solution for you.
      Last edited by circuits; 19th May 2017 at 00:22.

    3. #33

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      363
      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      Yes, it should've worked. I paid 2.4k for the device which is showing error from day one if speaker adapter plugged and volume increased above 10% or so. It worked for a while with bass knob at 'zero' but again showed error when bass is increased. I bought the inverter to power speaker, not to power any other AC device though i later use it to charge camera and wireless transmitters. Will try other alternatives after exams.
      Maybe the feedback of Transformer is causing Inverter to trick. Try using a Spike guard. Only Original Spikes will work which have chokes Inbuilt, Not chinese ones. It could send cleaner power and in turn present better power factor to Inverter.

    4. #34
      new member :D
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      52
      Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
      you can try an SMPS based 12V (>3A) adapter (power supply) with the inverter.
      - SMPS i have is a costlier one powering R260x OC GC, and power hungry AMD chip. Though i can still use its 12v(lots of Amps) output to check if inbuilt amp is working on DC or not. Then only i will decide to use SMPS + Inverter= Speakers (stable output) or A XL4015 DC DC 4.5A circuit between speakers and 12v cigarette lighter.
      Every DC DC converter requires atleast 1.5v more input then output Volts. To get constant 11.5v i have to give 13v as input. Everything is bottle-necked here. Phew




      Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Maybe the feedback of Transformer is causing Inverter to trick. Try using a Spike guard. Only Original Spikes will work which have chokes Inbuilt, Not Chinese ones. It could send cleaner power and in turn present better power factor to Inverter.
      - I should have gone with a UPS connected to Cigarette lighter instead of this Expensive error following Inverter. I used a UPS once to power my 8inch 60w RMS edifier sub inside boot. It took more then half of my boot's space but that was the prettiest thing i have listened in my life for 20 minutes. It sound too good because of closed cabin and we actually felt the lowest non irritating frequency. That day i took the decision of using home theater for car instead of typical car sub. Just taking years to get implementation on the idea.

    5. #35

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      363
      I used to have Microtek Inverter (Full size Sinewave inverter not just UPS) in my safari to run Car PC and Creative 7.1. SQ was really the best ever. I have also run Phlips Deck in cars.

      Cigar lighter will not have enough juice to I connected Inverter directly to battery.

      EDIT-

      If the amp works on DC, then just Use IN4007 diode and connect directly to cigar lighter. the diode drops 0.7v. So it Should be generating roughly 11.5v from car battery.

    6. #36
      Swift does rattle a lot :-(
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      check if inbuilt amp is working on DC or not.
      It will work on DC. I can vouch for that.

      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      SMPS i have is a costlier one powering R260x OC GC, and power hungry AMD chip.
      If you want to go for an SMPS based power supply, you can get something like this:- 12V 3A DC Power supply AC Adaptor - SMPS - LED Strip - CCTV Power Adaptor: Amazon.in: Industrial Scientific

      Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      If the amp works on DC, then just Use IN4007 diode and connect directly to cigar lighter.
      You can forget everything else and do this straight away.
      Last edited by circuits; 19th May 2017 at 13:44.

    7. #37
      new member :D
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      52
      Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      I used to have Microtek Inverter (Full size Sinewave inverter not just UPS) in my safari to run Car PC and Creative 7.1. SQ was really the best ever. I have also run Phlips Deck in cars.

      Cigar lighter will not have enough juice to I connected Inverter directly to battery.

      EDIT-

      If the amp works on DC, then just Use IN4007 diode and connect directly to cigar lighter. the diode drops 0.7v. So it Should be generating roughly 11.5v from car battery.
      - Now am feeling jealous for the amount of stuff you have in your junk stock -_-



      Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
      If you want to go for an SMPS based power supply, you can get something like this:- 12V 3A DC Power supply AC Adaptor - SMPS - LED Strip - CCTV Power Adaptor: Amazon.in: Industrial Scientific
      I have similar metallic ventilated case powering cameras but generally output is just near 3 amps and can power only upto 4 cameras to certain distance.
      I have used my Antec PSU rated for 700w(4K) on brush-less motor drawing 36Amps with default PC component loads and used a Intex 450w PSU(Rs. 350) on brushed motors drawing 24 amps. So in my experience, PC PSU always provide more power then any other DC device for the same money.
      In my case, overall efficiency will come around 75-80% because of two in line converters. Anyways, that will be the last option m gonna use.


      - In a earlier post, i have used 1N5008 diode for a rectifier which you have said is only rated for 3 amps (1. Buddy I am sorry to say that 1N5008 is only rated to 3A, that too at 25.c. It may blow up in regular use) then how a 1N4007 diode let the required current pass through it? Isn't this suppose to supply only 1A approx(datasheet) in a direction with .7v drop in total input V?(Sorry, my electronics are poor). This will be the simplest and easiest method to get the stuff work.

      @bhvm @circuits
      - Thank you both of you for the needed support. I am learning lots and lots of things (exactly particular of my hobbies) daily from GH and its members. Just one week left for the last exam and i will be free to do DIYs during internship till Jan'18.

      I guess i have gained all necessary knowledge to work upon the DIY on speakers inside car. I have to make the good custom box anyways in order to transport it as a single unit between car and desk. More parameters will come in my way that will decide its working in car electronics. Gonna ask more doubts in between the DIY process.
      There is a long to-do list to work upon after exams.
      Thank You

    8. #38
      Swift does rattle a lot :-(
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by toshar View Post
      @toshar
      All the best for your exams.

    9. #39

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      363
      1. The PC SMPS will always be higher quality and better regulation than any CCTV or LED SMPS. They are also expensive.

      2. Correct. We shall use diodes only to check operation of Amplifier to see if its overheating or distorting etc on car battery. The long term solution will only be Proper DC-DC buck regulator with 5A or more rating.

      This setup will be far more simpler, easier and reliable than Inverter> SMPS type.

      * Sometimes Car charging system introduces a whine or Buzzing in amps.

      3. Good luck for exams. I hope I will be able to see your Creative project into reality.

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 21st Sep 2016, 11:00
    2. Subwoofer or Bass Tube for Skoda Rapid
      By shekjsk in forum Equipment & Install Queries
      Replies: 88
      Last Post: 19th Jun 2014, 09:41
    3. Replies: 13
      Last Post: 6th Feb 2013, 18:00
    4. Change bass tube subwoofer
      By Abhijayluthra in forum Equipment & Install Queries
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 9th Dec 2012, 10:22

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •