• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Morel Maximo Upgrade - Mercury C62, Rainbow SL/ GL, Focal 165FX, Morel Tempo/ Tempo Ultra

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

sarabpreet any upgrade....???

aware that he can set his
      status here

Awesome

Hi

I indeed upgraded to Rainbow SL 6.2 ( almost 6 - 8 months back). I procured it from Germany.
      Apologies for posting / updating the thread quite late.

Initial thoughts were - Midbass was quite good. Tweeter was quite ok / avergae ( detailed but too mellow, i had to increase treble to +2). i prefer playing in Flat EQ mode.
      After 50 hours approx. burn in - Tweeter sounded altogether different. It become much more detailed and melodious i will say. Clarity improved multi-fold. Treble was set to zero / Flat setting again.
      After 100 hours approx. burn in - The whole set sound all together different and rather more wonderful. Midbass and tweeter were both on a next level.
      I actually feel the difference in the output if there is a song where multiple instruments playing. They blend with woofer / sub frequencies quite well and there is no harshness whatsoever.

I am quite happy with the output thought i cant do a comparative analysis.
      Though sometimes i feel excited and think of further upgrade to GL 6.2 or Audible Physics speakers but soundlines keep me content.

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sarabpreet View Post
      Hi

I indeed upgraded to Rainbow SL 6.2 ( almost 6 - 8 months back). I procured it from Germany.
      Apologies for posting / updating the thread quite late.

Initial thoughts were - Midbass was quite good. Tweeter was quite ok / avergae ( detailed but too mellow, i had to increase treble to +2). i prefer playing in Flat EQ mode.
      After 50 hours approx. burn in - Tweeter sounded altogether different. It become much more detailed and melodious i will say. Clarity improved multi-fold. Treble was set to zero / Flat setting again.
      After 100 hours approx. burn in - The whole set sound all together different and rather more wonderful. Midbass and tweeter were both on a next level.
      I actually feel the difference in the output if there is a song where multiple instruments playing. They blend with woofer / sub frequencies quite well and there is no harshness whatsoever.

I am quite happy with the output thought i cant do a comparative analysis.
      Though sometimes i feel excited and think of further upgrade to GL 6.2 or Audible Physics speakers but soundlines keep me content.
      Well thats how a good break in works for speakers, they open up and sound better as they are played over and over again. Well if you really want to check how other speakers sound e.g. AP you should give a listen to anyone who is running them near you and that should really draw the comparisons of course over the same song but due remember the caveat in this i.e. source, amps would be different than yours and that would certainly impact the overall sound stage.

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Audio Banned

Awesome

rahulsharma_7 The soundstage is more impacted by placement of drivers in the car in a passive setup and the placement plus xo points and slope in an active setup.
      Amplifiers essentially need to produce clean and noise free power to not affect the overall signature of the DAC.
      More than the equipment individually, what is critical is the synergy between the equipment.
      Low Profile ICE with three ALLO 2-channel amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton Reference midbass, wideband, and AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects. 12/220 volt converter to power the amps with laptop adapters.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer, Blue Jeans interconnects and Belden/Klotz speaker cables

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      rahulsharma_7 The soundstage is more impacted by placement of drivers in the car in a passive setup and the placement plus xo points and slope in an active setup.
      Amplifiers essentially need to produce clean and noise free power to not affect the overall signature of the DAC.
      More than the equipment individually, what is critical is the synergy between the equipment.
      Kannan - hmm.well seems.like my post reflected a different meaning, let me say a thank you note for sharing the insight above.

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information