• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Need advice on Used Tata Safari, 4x2 , DiCOR 2.2 VTT

........Loading!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rajith14 View Post
      today gone to check out an 2014 Dicor LX...its a 2nd owner vehicle close to 60k in odo insurance expired, i have taken a guy who do used car inception and we have to pay nominal charges to him. for my first car he only did inspection and told to go ahead 4 years back. Today after inception he told its having lot of rust few are visible he shown in back door corner at that time owner told its a cosmetic job if we do little bit of painting it will be fixed. Person who inspected told floor is very well insulated and the reason will be rust, also this was registered in Udupi(1st owner) and it being a coastal area its for sure there will be rust there. As i will be keeping it for another few years and sell it ,at that time i wont even get a reasonable price. So finally decided not to go ahead . Asking price was 6.5 L negotiable .
      I second speed79 too. I don't know the condition of the car. The owner had sighted moving out as a reason. "Rust" should be a concern, but to what extent? The underside of the tailgate is prone to dust due to the design of the bumper. As I told you before LX's do not go for a premium. 5.5L for a decent 2014 car is worth it. Also note that, the first owner has already taken the bulk of depreciation on his head. Look at what the car has to offer for the next 4-5 years in terms experience.

These are just my views.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      A 2014 safari on sale for second time doesn't sound good. When did current owner bought it? And at what odo reading? And what was the reason being given for sale of safari by current owner? Whatever, but rust in 3 years might mean abuse of the vehicle. And price seems to be too high to take any risk.

But the reason for not buying (that is expected resale value) is laughable and not so significant. Safaris are known to depreciate too much. For resale value better to buy a used alto or swift, and sell in couple of years for a profit!!! If you want to buy a safari or for that matter any other Tata car, you should first forget about its resale value.
      2nd owner bought it in 2015 from some dealer. When she bought it it was around 40k+ and they did close to 20K. Reason for selling because they are going out of country. May be to check the rust further i should have take to some garage and did one more round of checking. Owner told be after getting vehicle they did 2 services one in TATA and other in Mahindra first choice. I asked if any work done on shock absorber then i got a reply everything is done . In TATA when they given for servicing bill as around 1L . 2nd service was done last month which was just basic things.

I am not looking for an profit when i sell . What i mean was if i buy this and after few year i wanted to upgrade to a new version(storme) i dont want to sell it as scrap.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by optimus09 View Post
      I second speed79 too. I don't know the condition of the car. The owner had sighted moving out as a reason. "Rust" should be a concern, but to what extent? The underside of the tailgate is prone to dust due to the design of the bumper. As I told you before LX's do not go for a premium. 5.5L for a decent 2014 car is worth it. Also note that, the first owner has already taken the bulk of depreciation on his head. Look at what the car has to offer for the next 4-5 years in terms experience.

These are just my views.

Rust was on the door below right corner, it was not just simple rusting where only painting had gone ..its like the edge had eaten up ( i dont know how to explain it i should have taken a pic). Later on owner asked me what was the reason am not going ahead. I told her there is rusting issue so am not taking it forward. She told she will work on it and best of luck for me.

........Loading!!

Awesome

1L service bill? What did they change in the vehicle? Anyways keep looking, good examples come and vanish in no time. Keep us updated.

now, aware that he can set his
      status here!

Awesome

1L service bill? What did they change in the vehicle? Anyways keep looking, good examples come and vanish in no time. Keep us updated.
      I'm selling my car. Tata Safari VX for Sale

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The beast has finally arrived
      2010 GX - 90k kms in the odo.
      Please point me towards your ownership thread!

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by srinime View Post
      I'm selling my car. Tata Safari VX for Sale
      thanks for letting me know...am looking for 2010 and above ...good luck for the sale

........Loading!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Please point me towards your ownership thread!
      TORUK MAKTO - Safari Dicor 2.2VTT GX 2WD BS4

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information