• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VW Vento TSi comes home

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurbo View Post
      Thanks, ROC. Do you drive a TSi?
      Yep have a Polo TSi as my city runabout. It was remapped by Shibin (Pete's) at 1500 odd km. Other than that and a few small aliexpress upgrades and Conti MC5, it is bone stock.

I think I have found my peace with the brakes but they do scare me from time to time. I think Fiat Punto had better brakes, can't say about others.
      Just spoke to Pete's about Bilstein B6 today and they quoted 88K for all the struts+Polo springs + labour. I gotta think this through.

With a stiffer suspension, I am not sure how the interiors of the Bento will behave as the plastics/panels are poor quality and already rattle. The rear view mirror rattles, the arm rest rattles and random plastic panels just open up out of nowhere.

I do agree that the Continental are noise than the Michelin but I don't that they compare in terms of ride or handling. But its hard to say as ride/handling was where my Fiat scored. The Bento scores at flying. I can safely say I have moved from a car to a plane.
      As for Bilstein, I suggest you import it yourself and have it shipped to you. It will cost far less than 88k for sure. Installation is no biggie - any decent FNG will do it for a thousand bucks.

I am really surprised by rattling that you are noticing. I only have rattling from the steering column on really bad roads which is a known issue. Other than that I do not have rattles. Touch wood!

Need more power

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
      Yep have a Polo TSi as my city runabout. It was remapped by Shibin (Pete's) at 1500 odd km. Other than that and a few small aliexpress upgrades and Conti MC5, it is bone stock.

As for Bilstein, I suggest you import it yourself and have it shipped to you. It will cost far less than 88k for sure. Installation is no biggie - any decent FNG will do it for a thousand bucks.

I am really surprised by rattling that you are noticing. I only have rattling from the steering column on really bad roads which is a known issue. Other than that I do not have rattles. Touch wood!
      The car does not rattle on city or decent highways. However, my daily commute to work is through broken roads and my previous drive (Punto Diesel) handled very well on such roads. This is where the Vento develops random rattles including the known steering column. It does not help that the interior quality is not the best & hence things like front arm rest, rear view mirror and stereo may rattle on bad roads. Also, I am told Polo springs are better and are recommended with B6 on a Vento. Hence, Vento springs may be to blame to an extent? A friend recently told me I should borrow his cousin's Verna for a month while he is traveling abroad, & my benchmark will shift from Punto to Verna. Consequently, I will be much happier with the Vento

Vento is soft suspension and I agree the true potential will be unleashed with a B6. I am choosing to live with the stock suspension till I know if I am staying in India or leaving. I will know in a month. If I stay, B6 + Polo springs + better brake pads will be deployed. Else, I need to list it for sale and god knows how much I will get against the 15.5L I paid

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information