• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Ford figo TDCi issues: please help

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Shell V power is not suggested actually for regular cars. However it is not against also.
      Using Shell V power has a catch.. The real difference of The V power is felt only after 3 to 4 tank fills

also u should have access to the same fuel where ever u go. Using normal fuel after using V power doesn't feel good

The normal Diesel available in shell is what i would recommend to GO consistently avoiding other outlets such as IOC, BP, HP, etc unless u r sure about the qty and qlty of any particular outlet

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by getkaizer View Post
      Its simple, do you open your eyes in the morning and start running at 20 kmph? Similarly, its causes wear and tear because the oil need time to circulate around the entire engine after it has all dripped down to the sump due to gravity after it is left standing overnight.
      Oil does drip into the sump and as soon as you start the engine the oil pump gets to work. There will be an oil film still remaining. I change my oil filter at every other oil change and after I use a vacuum pump to get out the old oil the filter is still full. To get this out, I start the engine and let it idle for about 10 seconds and I get another litre out of the sump.
      When I start the car in the morning, I start driving at once and shut off as soon as I stop the car.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Try Shell V Power Diesel.
      I am sure that I will keep my car for another 5 years minimum. So I want to feed it good quality fuel.
      Waste of money. V-Power diesel by Ferrari is just a gimmick. You might feel a difference just because it cost more. They add alcohol to this fuel.

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hebbar View Post
      I totally understand what you are telling however in Bangalore traffic it is very difficult to keep at 1600 or above RPM. If i need to be in 1600 or above RPM, than i may need to drive only in 1st gear.
      I have been quoting normal driving scenarios where you have to upshift or downshift and not bumper to bumper traffic. In bumper to bumper traffic you have to make use of the torque. With Figo TDCi you have enough torque to play with. The moment you release the clutch pedal gradually, car will move forward without any accelerator input or hesitation.

2nd gear with less than 1600 RPM result in lag as you mentioned and sometime i am using clutch and accelerator combination to overcome it [ I am increasing RPM using accelerator and slightly releasing clutch ]. i know this is not a good practice but not sure what other alternative i have.
      Not a good practice at all. Don't ride your clutch. As I quoted above, you have to make use of torque. Me & most of us over here drive in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. Once you learn how to make use of torque in lower gears, you will stop using clutch & accelerator pedal together.

As getkaizer mentioned, may be i need to attend a driving class from you..
      It's just about time you get used to the car & its characteristics.
      We can meet/drive over any of the weekend.

This is what i was missing in all these days. Every time when i up-shift i use to fell car is taking pickup after some lag. lag is very short but i use to fell it
      That's cos you are shifting at lower RPM & while doing so RPM drops further. Try out the method what I suggested in earlier post.

Yes, even i am thinking HP, BP are better than IOCL.
      I have been using HP fuel for first few years. After the engine stalling issue is rectified(replacing all 4 fuel injectors) I switched to Shell. When I go outstation, I fill mostly from Company owned or LOA outlets.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Try Shell V Power Diesel.
      Many people are not preferring Shell V Power, even manual says normal diesel.

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      With Figo TDCi you have enough torque to play with. The moment you release the clutch pedal gradually, car will move forward without any accelerator input or hesitation.
      Yes, this is true. I will try following this.
      Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      We can meet/drive over any of the weekend.
      Sure..

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Hello All,

Today morning I have faced some wired issue in my Figo. When I tried to move the car in 1st or reverse gear it was not at all moving.
      From engine sound I could make-out gears were engaging but somehow car was not moving [It’s like you apply hand break and try to move the car].

Issue got resolved when I applied accelerator and move it forcefully. Please note, when I apply accelerator in order to move it forcefully, I could hear a blast sound from silencer.

After that, I drive around 70KM and everything looks normal.
      Last edited by Hebbar; 25th Nov 2017 at 23:47. Reason: minor update

Started enjoying the THUMP of
      a Royal Enfield

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Hello All,

Today morning I have faced some wired issue in my Figo. When I tried to move the car in 1st or reverse gear it was not at all moving.
      From engine sound I could make-out gears were engaging but somehow car was not moving [It’s like you apply hand break and try to move the car].

Issue got resolved when I applied accelerator and move it forcefully. Please note, when I apply accelerator in order to move it forcefully, I could hear a blast sound from silencer.

After that, I drive around 70KM and everything looks normal.
      Was the handbrake applied for a long period of time in parking?
      Thanks for reading my Post....
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq TITANIUM 2013 | Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 2016
      Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
      Was the handbrake applied for a long period of time in parking?
      Yes, it was parked with handbrake applied + in 1st gear for a week time as i use office cab for daily travel.

Started enjoying the THUMP of
      a Royal Enfield

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Yes, it was parked with handbrake applied + in 1st gear for a week time as i use office cab for daily travel.
      You answered your problem yourself, Due to weather conditions, brake liner was stuck in the rear wheel, so the time you applied the throttle the wheel started moving..

Good idea is to not use parking break for long parking, rather just use the gear to be engaged.

Hope this helps
      Thanks for reading my Post....
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Ford Figo 1.4 Duratorq TITANIUM 2013 | Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 2016
      Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information