• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prepurchase queries

Hi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
      If Volvo check out the S60 T6. 300 BHP in that car is gonna put a smile on ur face. Also why is the 3 series not in contention?
      Let me check the same. My friend had a terrible experience with this BMW about its servicing to be precise. So, it is out of option. I confirmed with Audi India customer support, the features of the American A4 are missing in the Indian variant as our government does not allow radar technology in Indian cars. I am still not able to find which features does the L&K model has more than an Audi A6 in your case?
      Thank you for replying on my post.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Not sure about 360 degree camera. But XE if you want a drivers car. A4 is good though 140 odd bhp for 40L car is little disappointing. So you should also consider Superb, bigger car, more boot space and has front ventilated seats for much cheaper price. IMO you should get petrol version. If you are going to do too much running then consider Accord Hybrid. For such a big car that gives a mileage of 17km/ltr in city according to autocar India
      What about A4 diesel variant, it goes neck to neck with the XE with 190bhp and also in terms of price Audi A4 VS Audi A4 VS Jaguar XE | AutoPortal.com
      SS L&K model is on the list. Camry is better. What incentives do we get from the government if we buy a hybrid car like Camry and are these cars reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      Mercedes is still the best luxury brand in India, if you want an all rounder.

However these brands have their fair share of trouble. They term it as getting married to a super-model.

For 20 lakhs, you won't get any of these cars. You need to double your budget. If you want a trouble-free experience for 20L, you'll have to stick to the Japanese/ Korean manufacturers.
      My wife's makeup costs as much as a supermodel's does. Which Korean manufactures are selling cars in India?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurbo View Post
      I didn't read that the budget was 20L. Skoda Octavia is a contender at that price. I think 1.4 TFSI Petrol manual is 19.8L OTR in Bangalore so cheaper anywhere else in India.
      I am considering SS L&K model.

Hi

Awesome

Jaguar is selling the XE models at a very good discount but the catch is that all discounted cars are 2016 models. How to spot the manufacturing date of a car?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	432.6 KB 
ID:	228507  

Need more power

Awesome

I think listing down some basic requirement will help you decide. For example, when I was buying a new car a month ago, I listed down the following requirements:

1. Petrol
      2. Turbocharged
      3. Automatic
      4. Sedan
      5. No CVT or AMT or Torque converter transmission. Any Dual Clutch automatic.

If you notice, I had absolutely no requirements when it comes to mileage, resale value, bluetooth, reverse camera, daylight lamps, sunroof etc.
      This helped me shortlist cars very quickly.

Hope this helps.

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by akop.4040 View Post
      How to spot the manufacturing date
      One way is to look for stickers on certain spares, battery and assemblies which has manufacturing date this generally indicates the rough assembly date of car.

Brio SMT

Secret

Let me check the same. My friend had a terrible experience with this BMW about its servicing to be precise. So, it is out of option. I confirmed with Audi India customer support, the features of the American A4 are missing in the Indian variant as our government does not allow radar technology in Indian cars. I am still not able to find which features does the L&K model has more than an Audi A6 in your case?

What about A4 diesel variant, it goes neck to neck with the XE with 190bhp and also in terms of price Audi A4 VS Audi A4 VS Jaguar XE | AutoPortal.com
      SS L&K model is on the list. Camry is better. What incentives do we get from the government if we buy a hybrid car like Camry and are these cars reliable?

My wife's makeup costs as much as a supermodel's does. Which Korean manufactures are selling cars in India?

I am considering SS L&K model.
      Yes I have watched the video too Toyota are probably the most reliable car and give you good resale too when you plan to get some other car. XE is a rear wheel drive car and powerful too so definitely more fun to drive than A4 I am sure. I do not think just for bigger, powerful engine you should go with diesel. May be test drive both. Dealer will definitely try to sell you what is available to them though.

Hi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurbo View Post
      I think listing down some basic requirement will help you decide. For example, when I was buying a new car a month ago, I listed down the following requirements:

1. Petrol
      2. Turbocharged
      3. Automatic
      4. Sedan
      5. No CVT or AMT or Torque converter transmission. Any Dual Clutch automatic.

If you notice, I had absolutely no requirements when it comes to mileage, resale value, bluetooth, reverse camera, daylight lamps, sunroof etc.
      This helped me shortlist cars very quickly.

Hope this helps.
      1. Petrol or Diesel don't matter, but members have suggested me petrol as usage will be low
      2. What does Turbocharged engine mean in simple language
      3. In my budget all cars are AT, with manual shift buttons
      4. Yes a Sedan in my case too
      5. This point went above my head please explain

Mileage is not an issue for me too and I am not thinking about the resale value too. But I want the car to have all the features in that bracket since I am spending my hard earned money.
      Which car did you get? Thank you for replying on my post.

Quote Originally Posted by vehfreak View Post
      One way is to look for stickers on certain spares, battery and assemblies which has manufacturing date this generally indicates the rough assembly date of car.
      I wasn't able to find any sticker on the battery. Neither anywhere in the car when I went for the test drive. Any other way to find the model year?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Yes I have watched the video too Toyota are probably the most reliable car and give you good resale too when you plan to get some other car. XE is a rear wheel drive car and powerful too so definitely more fun to drive than A4 I am sure. I do not think just for bigger, powerful engine you should go with diesel. May be test drive both. Dealer will definitely try to sell you what is available to them though.
      The Audi dealer has every model. He is obviously telling me to go for the bigger Diesel model. In the 40L bracket every petrol car has atleast a 1.9 cc engine, I am not able to understand why is Audi giving only 1.4 cc engine?

I have to leave the XE as the Prestige model costs 42-44+ and the rear seat can only carry 2 people comfortably. Such a good car. Now the options are A4>Superb L&K>Camry(read below)>Cruze(read below)

Camry- It was not available for test drive, waiting for the model to arrive. Few questions, is this hybrid car reliable? What incentives does the government give if we buy a hybrid car in India?
      Cruze- My first love, the dealer called me and said that they have only 1 piece of LTZ model left and he can sell the same for Rs. 10L. The price is good but Chevvy has left India. Part of me wants it because it is a very good car. I know I shouldn't think about it as they might not be able to give the initial 2 year warranty but the car is super cool.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

This is just pure bull. This used to be the case but is no longer true. The 2018 Volvos all come with adaptive cruise control, cross traffic alert, automated braking etc - all radar dependent features. The XC90/V90 also come with Pilot Assist which basically drives the car for you. Radar is perfectly usable in India now.

Also the S60 T6 is no longer available. Only S60 available is the S60 Polestar @54 ex-showroom which is a pretty hardcore sports sedan with sports suspension, 20" rims and not much room at the back. It may not work for you if you are looking for comfort.

Honestly you can't compare the Japanese cars with something like a Volvo or Merc. These are basically tanks on the road. Once you drive them, Japanese cars feel like tin cans. Hell even many other european cars feel like tin cans.

Hi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
      This is just pure bull. This used to be the case but is no longer true. The 2018 Volvos all come with adaptive cruise control, cross traffic alert, automated braking etc - all radar dependent features. The XC90/V90 also come with Pilot Assist which basically drives the car for you. Radar is perfectly usable in India now.

Also the S60 T6 is no longer available. Only S60 available is the S60 Polestar @54 ex-showroom which is a pretty hardcore sports sedan with sports suspension, 20" rims and not much room at the back. It may not work for you if you are looking for comfort.

Honestly you can't compare the Japanese cars with something like a Volvo or Merc. These are basically tanks on the road. Once you drive them, Japanese cars feel like tin cans. Hell even many other european cars feel like tin cans.
      If that's the case then why isn't the Indian A4 having those features?
      For me its the A4 or the Superb now, negotiations going on with the dealers. Is the Indian variant of these 2 cars having auto parking assist like this-

The showroom guys told me only about the rear camera. If yes, then it is kind of a radar thing too. So, why is the A4 missing the rest of the features?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information