• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best performance HID available in Indian Market

Learning each day

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian007 View Post
      I am currently using Morimoto HID (5500K) and not satisfied with the performance output as projected by the company
      What exactly are you unhappy with. Skoda uses Hella projectors ( as informed to me by a friend who owned the previous Rapid and now owns the new Rapid) so they are of good quality. Is it the brightness or spread and cutoff ?

Modify on your own

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bakumar View Post
      FXR is bigger than D2S 4.0
      bigger than most oem

Looking for answers!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bakumar View Post
      More over, Rapid has a halogen projector (as far as I know) and if you start using HID in them, there is every possibility of burning the projector bowl quickly especially in your case since you are using 55W.
      I was under the impression that HIDs emit less heat. Am I wrong?

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by alban_daniel View Post
      I was under the impression that HIDs emit less heat. Am I wrong?
      OEM halogen bulb at 55W emits around 1200 lumens of light and HID at 35W and 4300K emits around 3200 lumens which is 3 times more intense than halogen.

So HID is that much hotter.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

CHILLING !!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
      What exactly are you unhappy with. Skoda uses Hella projectors ( as informed to me by a friend who owned the previous Rapid and now owns the new Rapid) so they are of good quality. Is it the brightness or spread and cutoff ?
      I had lot of expectations when i went ahead with Morimoto. It is with brightness. I was expecting a pure white but this turned out to be having bit of yellowish colour

What about the plan below

1) An aftermarket projector for High with an LED (I use high beam only for flashing)
      2) An aftermarket performance projector for low beam with HID - having H7 bulbs
      3) An aftermarket performance projector for fog lamps with HID - having H11/H8 bulbs

Can i go ahead with Morimoto mini H1 projectors on both Low and fog lamps ? Also heard/read about performance projectors from xenon planet. Any suggestions ?
      SKODA RAPID 1.6 TDI - STAGE II
      MOSCONI AS 100.4, ALPINE PDX 1.600, RAINBOW SL-C6.3, JL AUDIO W3V3 X 2

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

I had lot of expectations when i went ahead with Morimoto. It is with brightness. I was expecting a pure white but this turned out to be having bit of yellowish colour

What about the plan below

1) An aftermarket projector for High with an LED (I use high beam only for flashing)
      3) An aftermarket performance projector for fog lamps with HID - having H11/H8 bulbs

Can i go ahead with Morimoto mini H1 projectors on both Low and fog lamps ? Also heard/read about performance projectors from xenon planet. Any suggestions ?
      If you want whiter light, then as I'd mentioned in my earlier post, use a 35W ballast and your current 5500K setup would be much whiter. 55W ballast washes off the colour to about 4500K - 4700K.

You can use Morimoto mini H1 7.0 bixenon for replacing your H7 headlight projector but not for fog lamp application because it is an open type projector.

Fog lamps application needs a sealed projector and xenon planet has one called XP Micro which runs at 35W.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Learning each day

Awesome

t is with brightness. I was expecting a pure white but this turned out to be having bit of yellowish colour
      Is it brightness or just color. The Morimoto and Yeaky bulbs though labeled as 5500K are slighly less white that CNlight 5000K. I have tested both side by side and also some video on Youtube available for same. Couple that with a 50-55W ballast and the Morimoto/Yeaky do shift towards yellowish. But I personally like that, not sure why, but the light seems white when looked at it from front, but from drivers seat, its a sweet spot for me personally.

If you want to use high beam for just flashing why make the extra modification as no projector will be plug and play for H1 type reflector. Just get a H1 LED bulb and you are set

Can be done, but the more popular will be Mini H1 with a good ballast. like a Hylux 35W Canbus slim type

You get sealed projectors for this purpose and can be put in stock location with very minimal alterations in cars like Linea, Punto, Ecosport, Swift etc which have stock round 3" fog lights. Rapid has a different shape, so will need to be opened and checked which one will be the best option. Google around and you will find a few people have cut into the fog light reflector and fit a Mini H1 projector in fog lights like Rapid's and sealed it off with epoxy.

Best option is to take it 1 step at a time - 1st Headlights and then see if you want to fiddle with the fog lights. In my experience the best use of these sealed H11 3" projectors are at fog lights position in cars like Ecosport, Avventura which have higher GC. For lower GC there is more brightness but not as usable and beneficial as in the higher GC cars. Unless one aligns it upwards and then its quite a glare to oncoming traffic and also in the IRVM of cars about 30ft away and more.

Modify on your own

Hungry

performance projector for low beam with HID
      you can very well proceed
      Morimoto mini H1 projectors on both Low and fog lamps
      fog lamps no as they are going in fog it has to be sealed and waterproof . H1 can be used but still you have to work a lot to make it waterproof

look at this site for fog projectors http://www.uglare.com/product/bi-xenon-fog-projectors/ you can either diy or go to a installer who can do it properly. I have no coonection with this site and also havent used them saw reviews of them in google and just sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information