• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Black Beauty 100BHP

Brio SMT

Secret

Sad to hear about it. You will get over it after sometime. Better safe than sorry we just have to be careful and hope for the best, nothing else we can do

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Sad to know. Do tell us how the police case is going. It takes two to tango, but for accidents, one fool is enough.

I felt very depressed after reading your post. Accidents are unwanted situation, but the point to prove one's prowess on road blinds many - and that ends up in chaos. I don't know if there can be a fix for it. Dashcams help. I have one. You should get one too. They are cheap and do the job.

Driving :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kumar.nithesh View Post
      1. Bigger flashier the car the more people are going to react too, no matter whose mistake it is. People don't have patient to listen to the car occupants, if it is a biker.
      Mistake hierarchy,doesnt matters who is right or wrong :-

Trucks > Cars > Motorcycle > Bicycle > Pedestrian

Good to hear that all are safe and hope soon your black beauty will be crusing on roads.

I drive ford..

Awesome

Thank you guys!!

I just got my car back from FASS, expense came up to 120k. Lots of spares were changed, I will update the thread with details shortly. Am I pleased with RS insurance? NO. My car was ready on April 2, 2018 as I update the thread FASS has not received the liability report as of yet. But, FASS manager delivered the car without it. Would need another round of visit to have things settled. I would be changing my insurance provider for my next renewal.

I was denied cashless facility initially, but I took the issue up with the insurance company and was granted it. I had opted for RS insurance as they had cashless initially and nil dip, paid more than what others were offering insurance at.

FASS didn't meet my expectations either, painting has a lot to be desired. I have taken up the paint quality issue with the FASS management, they would be repainting most panels free of cost. But, would need to spend 3 days for it to be rectified. Lot of bug marks, blisters, chips and over spray.

Nithesh
      Nithesh
      Ford Aspire
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

Ready to burn the rubber.

Awesome

sorry to hear about the accident. I hope that she is doing well now. I too own a Ford Aspire Titanium TDCi. Its a fun to drive beast and can put a huge smile on whosoever is sitting behind the wheel. I have clocked around 5000km in the past 3.5 months and have managed to get an avg. fuel efficiency of 21.6km as of now.

I drive ford..

Awesome

Thank you all!!!

I apologize, I have been very busy with official and personal commitments, haven't been able to update the thread.

She had been fixed to the best after multiple rounds to FASS, I had issues with suspension and door alignments. Multiple panels were painted 4 times to get right finish.

I did do Shirdi trip after all this, she did perform flawlessly as I update the thread the reading stands at 25k kms. She would complete 1 year on coming Sept 25, happy me.

This is a recent click after a wash at home:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180603_155115.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	232461

With regard to the case: Third party has filed a compensation claim of 34 lakhs , agree he was injured but that was quite surprising. We did file an objection, I was informed that here on the case would be dealt by the insurance company. Can anyone share a little light about it?

This was a spot, with skid marks showing I was within my lane:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_IMG-20180319-WA0024.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	232462

Thanks again!

Nithesh
      Last edited by kumar.nithesh; 23rd Aug 2018 at 19:10. Reason: error
      Nithesh
      Ford Aspire
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

With regard to the case: Third party has filed a compensation claim of 34 lakhs ,
      What the heck? I mean moron, 100% his fault driving like an imbecile overtaking on a curve. He should not get a single paisa!!! I think this will be handled by the insurance I think.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Make this a public issue if they keep troubling you and it gets out of hand
      Take it to twitter, Team BHP,Facebook etc

Ive been dealing with similar morons all day today , very infuriating
      Plus I havent bought a dashcam for this car yet

Had a few instances with my other car which has a dashcam but they occurred when the car was parked in premises

I drive ford..

Awesome

Update:

So I did receive a call from police station asking me to attend the court hearing. I did attend the hearing yesterday and was asked by the cop to agree that it was my mistake and pay fine. Was taken to Judge's chamber was give 2 options, agree that it was my mistake pay fine or fight the case.

I apologized, was informed to pay fine of 1500/- paid and I was free.

But, the wait at court was agonizing. I was there at 10AM, was called in at 5.30PM. I was out in about 10 minutes. Paid the fine and was given a receipt and was back in Mangalore at 2AM.

Third party did file insurance claim, which my lawyer has objected. This will be handled from insurance provider I need not attend the court right now. I would however need to attend before the final verdict.

So sleepless nights comes to an end, all is well that ends well.

Something that I learnt

Most cops are corrupted, yes I did bribe to get my car back, to get the FIR copy, to get cover letter for insurance claim (Driver Name - Missed in FIR), to get the car keys, to get the car moved from their yard and finally at the court to get the case closed.

Nithesh
      Ford Aspire
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

I think this should put an end to it. Since the case is now closed saying it is your mistake, will that fellow get compensation?

Something that I learnt
      That's the unfortunate truth here. We really don't have any customer protection in this country. None.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information