• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Black Beauty 100BHP

Hello Everyone

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      detailing is a fancy name of keeping the exterior and interior of the car in just like out of showroom condition. detailing can be done from outside and DIY also. It all depends on your requirement. However, maintaining even after detailing will require DIY.

AFAIK new car detailing and sealant protection costs approx 5-6k, getting coating done costs upwards of 15K. There is a full forum here dedicated to detailing, have a look there and feel free to ask any question u still have.

PS: If you are getting your car cleaned daily from watchman you are ruining your paint.
      Thanks. Can you please share that thread's link.

I drive ford..

Awesome

Guys,

Sorry haven't been able to update the thread, but a small update on the car. Knocking sound is back and just like as previously experienced. As I update the thread, my car is being checked.
      While on my way to office today, the sound was very much audible. Took a U turn directly to the FASS, didn't switch off the engine requested for a technician immediately service adviser agreed (Know him well from 2015). Took a test drive, technician agreed about the noise.

They did request for a day or 2 to trace the issue, hoping for a fix.

Nithesh
      Nithesh
      Ford Figo
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

Primetime

Awesome

See my thread (Ford Fiesta BLACK)... I am sure you are going to have loads of fun with this 100BHP powerful beast.

I drive ford..

Awesome

Updating the thread with a heavy heart....

She meet with an accident while returning from my birding trip to Masinagudi, we friends had been to a team outing coupled with birding to Masinagudi and Ooty. We had a very good stay at Masinagudi. All happiness, joyful drive was shattered on the way to Mangalore just after Periyapatna. A biker overtaking KSTRC wide body bus (Red One) on a blind curve hit my car right front portion at about 70 to 80kms per/hr.

As I update this thread, she sits at the Police Station. What happened after the incident was total chaos, people pulling me around, accusing me and trying to bash me up all the while me and friends were trying to get ambulance to get the injured person to hospital.

Incident details:

I am at 60 to 70 kms per/hr just after Periyapatna moving towards Mangalore, entering a curve planning to pass a family on a bike (Guy, lady and I think they had kid as well) on my left all while a KRSTC bus on my right moving towards Periyapatna (Mysore). I make sure that I have plenty of space to move on and clear road ahead. Out of no where comes a young rider on his Hero Honda who was already trailing the bus I believe, make a unbelievable move to overtake the bus. Spots the car, fumbles, lets go of the handle, BAM.

I just have a few seconds to react, I managed to move the car to my left as much as possible all the while avoiding the family. Managed to avoid a complete front end impact.

Would be moving her to Managalore in a day or two.

Points learnt from this incident:
      1. Bigger flashier the car the more people are going to react too, no matter whose mistake it is. People don't have patient to listen to the car occupants, if it is a biker.
      2. Cops will help to the most they can, but pressure from political members while change the matter (You become the accused).
      3. No matter what you do, people will fiercely try to take money.
      4. Help the injured as much as possible, even though you are going to accused.
      5. Stay as calm as possible, never react to threats.
      6. Finally, you can be the best of driver but you cannot stop the unexpected from happening.

I have been always proud of how I have been driving, this incident shattered my driving confidence. I have handled a lot of accident cases for my family and friends. But, when you actually experience it, is a different ball game all together.

Hopefully, she is going to be fixed to the best. I would be moving her to Managlore FASS in a day or two. I have already spoken about this with my FASS team. Am sure she would be new bumper, right fender, driver door, RVM and suspension replacement.

Was updated today that the guy is out of danger and recovering.

Nithesh
      Nithesh
      Ford Figo
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

Secret

Sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by kumar.nithesh View Post
      Bigger flashier the car the more people are going to react
      +1

I have been always proud of how I have been driving, this incident shattered my driving confidence.
      Nothing like that, time heals, probably in a month or two you'll be back at it again.

Cops will help to the most they can, but pressure from political members while change the matter (You become the accused).
      No matter what you do, people will fiercely try to take money.
      Dashcams are becoming a necessity nowadays...

Don't worry, everything will get sorted out.

Meeshakaran Madaiah

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Updating the thread with a heavy heart....
      That is unfortunate indeed. No point in feeling bad about something not in your hands. Would you have to fight a case in court to get out of the mess. Whats the bikers statement? Don't feel bad that this happened in spite of you being careful. Can happen to anyone. What I am really ****ed about is our investigation and justice system that has the ability to convert an open and shut case into a soap opera.

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

guy is out of danger and recovering
      alls well that ends well....God almighty will take care. Dont worry on that. Having said this...plz visit the police station and ask for the sketch the cops have made...and make sure it is exactly as all the players were on that day and time,DO NOT....DO NOT allow any slightest of change be it speed, location, brake marks,time, who all were eyewitness, etc etc....it is only this document which will be make or break....and do not get into the trap of sweet talking educated cop....he will be the one con. keep us posted....inshAllah all be well.

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Updating the thread with a heavy heart.
      That was terrible!
      May God give you the power to overcome this all. Please install a dashcam as well. I feel, dashcam should be made mandatory.
      Hoping that black beauty will be in her full glory soon.
      All the best!

Sedate...

Awesome

kumar.nithesh, Sad to hear about the incident & the pain you had to go through. Happy to know that all are safe.
      Your Black Beauty will return to her glory soon.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

I drive ford..

Awesome

Thank you all, yesterday was a very hectic day. Got my beauty towed to Managalore filled all forms required for a claim.
      Noticed Damages:
      Driver Door.
      Front right Fender.
      Front Bumber.
      Right suspension setup.
      Steering Rack.
      And the cross member which holds the suspension underneath needs to be replaced.
      Nithesh
      Ford Figo
      Canon 7D
      Tamron 150-600
      Canon 18-135
      Canon 100 Macro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information