• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TORUK MAKTO - Safari Dicor 2.2VTT GX 2WD BS4

........Loading!!

Awesome

So the noise was failed bearing inside the Alternator, bearing changed and some adjustments to the suspension. Vehicle is back in good condition, this week is going to be a busy week for TM.
      Few questions to the experts here -
      1. How do i reduce engine vibrations filtering into the cabin?
      2. My second gear does not engage at high speeds (When I am trying to engage it for engine breaking). It makes a loud metal rubbing metal noise.
      3. What would be the best Tyre pressure to maintain? (Running on Michelin LTX)

........Loading!!

Awesome

Cool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1W1A2501.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	230440

Name:	1W1A2507.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	230441

From my recent trip to Madurai in December last year.

TM has been really awesome, nothing to complain about. On a short drive to CCD Kolar the a weird screeching noise appeared from the engine bay. Decided to drive back cautiously as it was pretty late in the night and there was no visual indication of a power loss. My mechanic diagnosed it to a Failed alternator bearing, which cost me Rs.1500 plus a suspension check up and greasing for another Rs.500. Have clocked 4000kms on TM, my parents love it!!

Did a trip each to Madurai, Tiruvarur, Chennai and Mahabalipuram.

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Beautiful pics of Toruk Makto there. Dicor is an all time favorite!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Dicor is the orignal safari!
      Looks much more bold than storme.
      They should relaunch it with better interiors/Screens and more refined engine. And have my money.

........Loading!!

Awesome

After my trip back from Chennai, I took TM to Guruvayur (KL) on a short wedding trip. Summer was at its peak in TN/KL, road temperatures easily near 40's the A/C felt inadequate throughout the day. After getting back from Bangalore the ODO stood at 95115kms. Time for a periodic service. Took the car to my trusted FNG Pragathi Motors in Ramamurthy Nagar for Oil and Filter change. Told him to check on the A/C cooling too. Picked up the car from the garage after service and I was told the A/C gas had to be topped up and a shocker that the Air Filter was almost clogged The TM was last serviced by the previous owner at 84563kms at TASS.

With the TM all prepped up left to Thiruvarur with family. A/C seemed fine but the huge Glass area makes driving during the day very painful Need to get those window shades that can actually fit to size.
      Its been 6 Months with TM and the beast has won all hearts in the family. Its effortless to drive throughout the day and I hope to spend some more time with it. With the rainy season approaching I plan to change lights, wipers and add noodle mats to the floor. A couple of pics from recent drives
      Tiruvarur - Mayiladuthurai Road TN-SH23

Name:	DSC00081.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	231316

Name:	DSC00084.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	231317
      My Favorite photo yet

Name:	1W1A2488.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	231319

Name:	1W1A2491.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	231320

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by optimus09 View Post
      So the noise was failed bearing inside the Alternator, bearing changed and some adjustments to the suspension. Vehicle is back in good condition, this week is going to be a busy week for TM.
      Few questions to the experts here -
      1. How do i reduce engine vibrations filtering into the cabin?
      2. My second gear does not engage at high speeds (When I am trying to engage it for engine breaking). It makes a loud metal rubbing metal noise.
      3. What would be the best Tyre pressure to maintain? (Running on Michelin LTX)
      1. Engine bay Insulation and damping. Check engine & gearbox mounts if vibration is too much.
      2. Check gear oil. If old,replace.
      3. Front 32, rear 35. feel free to experiment a bit.

........Loading!!

Awesome

TM around Kodai Ghats

Last weekend was indeed a wonderful one. Its been 5 months since I shifted alone with wife. TM stays with my parents and been very difficult for me to get some time with him. Wife's aunt had bought a home somewhere on Kodai Rd. This gave me an excuse to take TM out for a drive. It was a family drive, so the fun part had to wait.
      Left from Bangalore at 6.30AM (Plan was to leave at 5AM). It had been raining for the last couple of days and it was making getting out of the bed very difficult. Left home by 5.45AM, picked up wife and her folks at 6.15AM and left from Kaggadasapura at 6.30AM.

Took the usual no fuss route, stopped at Shoolagiri for breakfast and negligible traffic after Nammakal made sure I reached Kodai Ghats checkpost at 11.55AM. Dropped all the oldies and sat down for lunch, after lunch I saw the clouds hitting the hills with slight drizzle following on the foothills. A quick plan to head to a nearby dam occured. Went to inform wifey that I was going to take off for some exploration and she insisted on joining me. I agreed without resistance (Like I had a chance!!)

Kodai Ghat Rd - Dindigul Theni Rd - Devadhanapatti - Manjalar Dam
      trace your way back to Dindigul Theni Road and turn right at the 'T' Junction and head to Devadhanapatti and take further right towards Manjalar Dam Road. You are allowed to take your car to the dam after paying INR20.

Enroute Kodai

Name:	IMG_20180528_091440.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	231413
      TM at Manjalar Dam

Name:	IMG_20180525_152458-01.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	231409
      Manjalar Reservoir and Thalaiyar Falls in the Background

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-26 at 08.33.20.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	231411

More from the trip following soon.
      Last edited by optimus09; 29th May 2018 at 20:33.

........Loading!!

Awesome

TM around Kodai Ghats - Continued

Got back to base by 5.30PM for tea and left for Palani by 6.00PM via Bathlagundu by-pass - Athoor - Oddanchattram - Palani.
      Athur - Oddanchattram was a beautiful drive with slight drizzle throughout. Dindigul - Coimbatore road is a hell hole to drive on during the night with idiots driving on High beams and 90% of them being aggressive . The positive of it being "NOBODY MESSES WITH THE TM". It pulls effortlessly in the meat range, every time I nudge the A-pedal, it does not fail to put a smile on my face. After finishing all formalities at Palani, we headed back to base the next evening. Found time to drive to Kodai the next day. Drive was decent, it was the first time I was driving TM on Ghat roads and the experience was exhilarating to say the least.

Drove a total of 1287kms throughout and this marked 7500Kms of my happy TM ownership. With monsoons arriving early its time to explore some wet western ghats and Nilgiris .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information