• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Remove stickers stuck on filmed windshield.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Dinesh Sachdev is right about WD40.

Hair Dryer can damage your sun film if not used properly.

Kerosene/diesel is a possible solution but it will take considerable time and efforts. I had tried it and finally left the sticker partially removed. It is small and on a rear windows glass from inside. So no problem.

Coconut oil is a good solution and require less efforts. Soap water can also be used.

Some reliable, easy to use and easily available industrial product should be searched.
      normal hair dryer at low settings won't damage, remember the car film is designed to withstand really high temps (*in case parked in hot sun can go more than 100c*) , hair dryer is nothing compared to that,

also before any damage happens, the sticker will be off, I wouldn't give the tip unless I am entirely sure it will not screw-up anything if done properly..

Real Life Story :
      we use this same method to get stickers off the watch boxes because we need bar code info/model number on the piece and the stickers are too fragile to be removed just like that,

we used petrol at first, it eased our problems a bit, but most of the time the sticker wouldn't come off in a single piece and our fingers will stay sticky because of the dissolved glue,

then we started using alcohol, this again was much better over petrol most of the times they tear off, plus the stickyness and plus it made the sticker wet and more fragile sometimes..

so it just popped in my mind to try a smd soldering station (hot air blower) on a sticker, in about 10secs the sticker puffed up, I just tried pulling it and it came so neat, like it wasn't there, since then we started using this hair dryer method, heat sticker and its off in one piece without much fuss, minus the stickyness, the stickers sticky end still remains sticky and is reusable..
      TURBO PETROL
      Owner : Dream Audio
      Will be Back with a Bang..

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Dinesh Sachdev, you are absolutely right about everything that you said. What I understood from my stay at GH that you are one of those who lift the shutters to come out with spanner and folded sleeves (only after the experiment).

You are right about the use of hair dryer too.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      it will not screw-up anything if done properly..

And so I am.
      Hair Dryer can damage your sun film if not used properly.

I have seen sun film getting damaged while removing sticker using hair dryer. I don't know what was the setting that dryer was set to, but it was kept close to the sticker (and obviously the film) for longer period. And this is improper use.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dev11 View Post
      Dinesh Sachdev, you are absolutely right about everything that you said. What i understood from my stay at gh that you are one of those who lift the shutters to come out with spanner and folded sleeves (only after the experiment).

You are right about the use of hair dryer too.

And so i am.

I have seen sun film getting damaged while removing sticker using hair dryer. I don't know what was the setting that dryer was set to, but it was kept close to the sticker (and obviously the film) for longer period. And this is improper use.

the point : Dic

= do it carefully !!!
      TURBO PETROL
      Owner : Dream Audio
      Will be Back with a Bang..

Storme'd

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      parking under hot sun should get the moisture out
      Its been 2 months since this happened and i dont have covered parking in my house. The car is always parked in the sun! Still the moisture seems to be there Will try out hair dryer and let you guys know if it still does not work
      Aerodynamics are for people who canít build engines!

2014 Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2
      2006 Maruti Wagon R LXI - Sold (May 2014)

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

The combo of Collinite + Paper Blade is a good option to remove stickers from windshield. They are like Sherlock and Watson. Will get the job done
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information