• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xuv 500 w10 fwd refresh 2016

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

Xuv 500 w10 fwd refresh 2016

Starting this thread to post my happiness,sorrows,woes etc etc...was thinking for a long time but some how I couldn't but yesterdays incident forced me to start this thread.

BACKGROUND
      Picked up the beauty on 14th of March 2016 from Ranchi. Drove 1100 Kms from Ranchi to Guwahati in 2 days time maintaining a speed of not more than 60 kmph at any point. returned me a very handsome milege of 16.84 kms per ltr. The so called run in was this drive. The vehicle was very well maintained and driven with extreme care and it showed in all its trips giving me very nice mileage. All the services were carried out in time, Tyre rotation, air pressure regularly checked..etc etc.

NIGGLES
      It did had its own share of niggles and problems but none was serious enough. The problems were like mild body rattle...finally I gave up! On one occasion the vehicle lost power and next day one component was replaced(as of now I do not remember the name of component) and the vehicle was up again, the steering was little off centre- the service guys did it right but then came in the LHS pulling( I have given up as I realised that service guys are useless as far as alignment is concerned), Lost my Key Fob....stupidity on my part. The reverse lights stopped working and then came back again on its own and finally for last some time they are non functional...service guys have no clue what the fault is...they said the wiring has to be checked...so I said ok fine....when I saw them checking and saying the entire side panels to be opened to check....I said a big thank you...I will live with it. The best part was a highlight and hilarious....I wish I had read the manual completely before taking the vehicle for fault rectification....I found that my rear wiper use to get activated on engaging the reverse gear ....the best was...the service guys also took it as fault...and changed the entire wiper motor assy...where as its a feature which gets activated by the driver and I had accidentally activated it.

PERFORMANCE
      WELL...The performance so far has been extremely satisfying. Driven the vehicle In NORTH EAST, Assam to Agra, Agra to Aurangabad, Aurangabad to Chennai(twice) N number of trips from Auranagabd to Pune and near by places At no point of time during these drives I ever regretted my decision of buying XUV 500 W10. A tankfull on highways gives me easy 1100 plus kms with some fuel remaining in tank. Although the Eco Sense app shows my mileage at 18 kmpl on highways (and sometimes in city too) but I have got overall around 16 plus avg on long trips. The handling is good..the feel is good...A thumbs up.

30 K SERVICE
      Yesterday went for 30K PAID SERVICE, COSTED ME 3051/- INR. The worst thing happened here...Had gone to Pune and back... and on our way back just about 3 kms short of my house the clutch pedal suddenly went extremely hard and gear shift was hard too, there was no check light. I took the car aside and tried smelling for burnt clutch, there was nothing wrong no smell no abnormal noise, no leakage inside engine bay nor outside.Since it was short distance I drove it in 2nd gear to reach home. The odo was 29969 km and next day spoke to the Tech Mgr regarding the issue, he advised me to bring it for 30k service and for clutch he said it may need air bleeding and will be sorted.
      The vehicle was handed over to the service center and they checked the air ....all fine. They replaced the master cylinder...still no luck. and finally The Tech Mgr dropped the bomb shell which I didn't wanted to hear....Sir, clutch will have to be opened...they stripped my beloved Beast....ripped it apart...and came out the nice...shiny beautiful clutch plate, pressure plate it seemed as if it has just come from factory...sad....the fingers had gone bad.
      They changed the entire set free of cost under warranty....I didnt knew how to react to this.....I stood by my love all this while...cleaning its parts...making sure no nuts bolts washers are made spared or leave anything unlocked by our highly qualified technical service guys. I was happy to see the engine which was absolutely oil free...no grease or oil leakage any where and was allshiny. I was also happy to see lot of meat still there on brake pads which will see me through for at least 15k kms(making it 45k on original pads)

QUESTIONS
      Now the questions for those owning the XUV500 W10 new gen....
      Is the clutch issue still a problem with XUV? The driving style... yes I agree can cause problems with any car( I have been driving for past 32 plus years...my Opel Corsa 1.4 clutch lasted for 85k kms before release bearing started making noise (wifey use to drive it at times...LOL)..the clutch was still ok, My 1999 Daewoo Matiz has done 70k and still on original clutch, My old Maruti Suzuki 800 (1988) lasted for 1.23 kms before we sold off, the clutch was replaced in it at 78k.)
      What could be the reason of clutch failure in my vehicle? the clutch plate liner was ok...the pressure plate was ok...it was only the fingers rather one finger which was off center(slightly bent inwards). They replaced immediately...no question asked...no fuss. Do they knew exactly what the problem is? and have been directed to replace without any fuss under warranty. I asked this question to a senior tech staff there...his reply was...."Sir...poor quality...I haven't said...u haven't heard".
      Should I be happy as I got a new clutch set after 30k kms?....but what if this too fails in next 25-30 k kms? As of now after the replacement the vehicle is running as good as new same feel which I got when I drove this car out of the showroom.
      Any one else had this sort of experience?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by vehfreak View Post
      Is the clutch issue still a problem with XUV?
      My car just came back from 3rd free service at 20KM, I am yet to face any clutch issue. Though, today, I struggled slotting in first gear surprisingly.

What could be the reason of clutch failure in my vehicle
      Just sheer bad luck. With thousands of parts going in a car, a thing going off can happen. Mine tiny bulb on steering control has gone off. Yours happened to clutch fingers. Did you get a chance to click pic? Would have been nice to see.

Should I be happy as I got a new clutch set after 30k kms?
      I don't think it to be a matter of concern too. Faulty parts being replaced is always good. The sooner it happens the better. I hope your new clutch assembly makes you cross 100k KM mark.

14th of March 2016 from Ranchi
      30k KM in 20 months is very good running. You are making good use of this highway monster!!

vehicles

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      I struggled slotting in first gear surprisingly
      As i recall now.... Oh that happened to mine too and also in engaging the reverse at times, but it was only a few times....that was some 1000 km before...and I did mention this issue during one of the visits to ASS....it was checked and was told nothing wrong...and then life went on till sat night. The strange thing is it never gave any symptoms what so ever apart from what u mentioned. Even after the clutch pedal went hard suddenly it drove nicely without any noise, pickup issues as if nothing has gone wrong.
      You are making good use of this highway monster!!
      Yes and I love it....and next trip in waiting is to Goa in December end.
      3rd free service at 20KM
      How much they charge?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      How much they charge?
      Charged 6450 INR. You recently liked the post where this detail and invoice was pasted.

Laali meet World, World meet Laali : New Age Mahindra XUV500 Mara Red W10 FWD - Page 12

vehicles

Awesome

Charged 6450 INR
      yeah....seen.

vehicles

Awesome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171129_134507508.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	229121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171127_153256222.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	229122
      Did you get a chance to click pic? Would have been nice to see
      Posting few pic of WIP...however they refused to let me take the pics of old clutch.
      The clutch shown here is the new one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171127_114107815.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	229118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171127_152611402.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	4.96 MB 
ID:	229119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171127_144711120.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	4.89 MB 
ID:	229120
      Last edited by vehfreak; 30th Nov 2017 at 18:16.

vehicles

Awesome

RECALL BY M&M....2016 XUV 500......recd a call from service center that there is a recall from Mahindra for 2016 xuv 500, the lady could not clarify the reason for recall, spoke with SA and was informed that there were complaints regarding "DOOR OPENING HARD", it will take 3-4 hours to rectify the issue. They will open all 4 door panels and carry out the rectification work. I have no problems regarding door so in double mind what to do, the way they work...strip the car don't feel like getting it done. However will go to service center to see what exactly they want to do and then take a call. Any one of you received any such recall? and any details any one has.
      In the mean time had gone to Goa and back( Dec end) and one short trip to Ahmednagar and back. After clutch change driven 2250 kms, so far so good. The beast drove beautifully and got wonderful mileage of around 16 kmpl. The beast suffered a puncture a very minute leak on the inner sidewall of front left tyre. It was loosing pressure and thanks to habit of checking of pressure on blue sense app everyday morning , was carrying my hand pump so no trouble during my Goa visit. Got it repaired on coming back...all sorted.In fact first puncture in almost 15 years of owning cars.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Clutch issues are very well known in XUV. its due to very plasticky cylinders they use. A real pain.
      Mahindra XUV500 Clutch Plate and Flywheel Gone Bad, Twice in 49K Kms

Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (4 Years Report) - Page 24

vehicles

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      its due to very plasticky cylinders they use
      Even if they are plasticky it makes no reason for clutch issues. In my case the clutch plate was absolutely ok, no signs of unfare wear an tear. It was the one finger bent which caused extremely hard gear shift, and everything in clutch was replaced. it hurts when despite best or care on and off road your vehicle fails.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

vehfreak,
      By plasticky I meant this things-
      https://gearheads.in/attachment.php?...8&d=1512048443

The accessories for clutch.
      Clutch plate itself lasts 1lac km in XUV if driven well.
      But if these plasticky parts fail, the pedal sinks. Making vehicle undriveable.
      You can see all details on my thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information