• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Airavatha - The Chronicles of My Diamond White Xylo at 44K KMS.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to post an update. If you remember I had made clamps for mounting the Hellas and had them fixed. I found that the lamps vibrate a lot and the light scatter is all over the place. I wanted to find a solution for this and recently installed a Lightbar from Prad Automotive. The below 2 images gives you an idea of how the light bar looks and what it does.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  31.3 KB
      Name:  2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  7.7 KB

I will also post a couple of images on how this lightbar looks and the way the Hellas have been mounted. I'am now able to use all the lights simultaneously and the extra brightness is welcome.

One question though, over the years I have used various H4 bulbs and have now settled down with Bosch 100/90 bulbs. The life of the bulb is good but it is not as bright as the Philips ones. Also I do see that my headlamp unit has some scratches in the front. How do I get rid of these scratches and how do I bring the glitter back to my headlamps. Will a toothpaste work on this. Do let me know your suggestions on the same.

Regards,

Shravan

Awesome

You need 3m restoration compound for headlamps.
      Toothpaste will just clean it and give temporary shine.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Shravan57 View Post
      Hello All,

Posting after a month as I was personally busy. I'am attaching snaps of all the lights from the driver's perspective. Do take a look.

Shravan
      The problem with lightbars is that it tends to spray light everywhere, Including oncoming drivers eyes. Hence these things have massive glare problem.
      You certainly do not want the tree tops lit unless you are planning to drive on them.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      You need 3m restoration compound for headlamps.
      Toothpaste will just clean it and give temporary shine.
      I have used toothpaste for now but I do not see any major differences. Looks like I will need to purchase the 3M restoration compound and do this once again. By the way does anyone know what is the current price of the Xylo's headlamp unit?

Regards,

Shravan Kumar

Awesome

Hi All,

My Airavatha is currently in it's 6th year and I have replaced the headlamp unit. The old ones were very foggy and the toothpaste trick did not work for me. Got the new H series headlamp units from J.C road in Bangalore. Total damage to pocket is 7500/- and fitting charges is 200/- INR. Attaching some snaps of the same.

The older foggy headlamp units
Views: 86
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  31.6 KB

The new ones from the H series Xylo
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	231171

The new ones post fitment
      Name:  4.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.0 KB

The new headlamps came with Osram 60/55 H4 bulbs but I had them removed and fitted the Bosch 90/100 ones from the older unit. I will say that the amount of light throw on the road has increased and coupled with the Hellas and the lightbar I'am now able to see the road much better. I guess this was the change that was needed for me to see better.

The current ODO reading as of last week. And yes, the cover from the speedometer unit is still preserved.

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	231173

Regards,

Shravan Kumar

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Got the new H series headlamp units from J.C road in Bangalore. Total damage to pocket is 7500/- and fitting charges is 200/- INR
      Thanks for this info. EVen I have to go and get a new one I guess. MIns is still worst than your condition
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Thanks for this info. EVen I have to go and get a new one I guess. MIns is still worst than your condition
      Please visit J.K Automobiles in J.C road. They are the only people who stock the H series headlamp units. I tried from a couple of other shops also but no one had any stock. India Garage told me that they would take about a week to get this and they also informed me that the price is around 12K excluding GST.

For your Xylo the H series wont fit. You will need to get the pre 2012 lights which are a little more cheaper then mine. The design of your lights is different from mine. Do have it checked.

Regards,

Shravan Kumar

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

For your Xylo the H series wont fit
      NOt sure if the E series headlights are there or not. Will check with them. TFS
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Awesome

Hello Everyone,

I renewed the insurance for the Xylo about 2 weeks back. Went to Coverfox and picked up the 0 dep plan from Iffiko Tokico. This also comes with RSA. I also checked other providers but no one was offering a 0 dep plan as my vehicle has crossed 5 yrs. Damage to pocket was 17,800/-. Here's hoping for another niggle free year. Also I found out that the RH butterfly window lock is broken and the window does not close. I have fixed the issue for now using double side tape but that does not hold. I'am also attaching a picture of the same.
Views: 37
Size:  27.6 KB
      Did anybody have any issues with this lock in their respective Xylos? If yes can you please tell me the price of this part. I checked the Bodomo site but they do not stock this part apparently.

Along with this some of the interior cabin lights are loose and the front wiper washer nozzle is not working. Planning to go to India Garage this weekend and get these sorted out. All these are minor issues on an otherwise excellent car. Current ODO is somewhere around 49.5K. Need to give Airavatha for a general service ASAP.

Will update everyone soon. Bye for now.

Regards,

Shravan

Awesome

Hello All,

Went to India Garage last weekend and changed the interior cabin lights and the front wiper nozzle. Apparently the butterfly window lock was not in stock as it is not a part that regularly breaks down. They informed me that they need to put an order for the same and asked me to check back in 15 days. Fortunately I know a couple of mechanics there and one of them had a spare lock handy with him. He fixed the same without the SA'S knowledge and I gave him 200 rupees for the same. For now the current issues are sorted out and the Airavatha will be going in for it's 50K service soon. Planning to change the engine oil, gearbox & the differential oils proactively as part of this service.

Attaching a snapshot of my latest achievement

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	231952

This number has been achieved in the 7th year of ownership. I will come back to everyone with another update post service. Bye for now.

Regards,

Shravan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information