• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Jetta AT or Skoda Laura AT (Pre-owned)

Looking for ....

Secret

VW Jetta AT or Skoda Laura AT (Pre-owned)

After longtime using a VW Vento 1.6 TDI MT, have decided to buy my self an automatic. need suggestion and guidance to zero down my search as my over all budget is 6-7 L.

Thought of buying an new polo 1.2 TSI AT by stretching my budget but that is too much for me. so started looking for an used Honda Civic AT, it has got a nice dash and i can ICE is well.. Now split my budget in to 4L for a car 50K for repairs and the rest for ICE.

After long hunt of 3 month found one 2008 Civic run for 23000 kilometers in immaculate condition, some one have exchanged this for a Merc in Trans card and the dealer is quoting 4L. I loved that car, but some one bought it in a day gap when i was trying to find a mechanic to inspect the car. After the heart break Civics mileage and GC seemed to be too much for me.

So changed my target to VW Jetta or Skoda laura. lots of cars on 2009 , 10 and 11 out there. But most of them are 1.9L TDI PD engine and few Laura available on 2.0 TDI CR.

Does VW Jetta launched in 2.0 TDI CR with DSG under the hood in 2009,10 and 11s..? If i am not wrong they only launched in MT models, that too in trendline and comfort line.

Is it is advisable to buy a 1.9 TDI AT Jetta Highline or better stick with Laura 2.0 TDI AT Ambient / Elegance.? Please advice.
      Thanks & Regards
      Balavignesh Ramasamy

PIONEER DEX-P99RS | TCHERNOV SPECIAL MAKE II IC | HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L1 PRO R2 HIGHS | LEGATIA L3 PRO MIDS | LEGATIA L6 V2 LOWS | CLARUS 10" SUB WOOFER | BRIAN B4 SOUNDSTREAM REFERENCE CLASS A PICASSO AMPS | STINGER HPF 4GA OFC POWER WIRE | KnuKONCEPTZ 4GA SCREW RING TERMINALS | RF DB |

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Balavignesh Ram View Post
      my over all budget is 6-7 L.
      Now split my budget in to 4L for a car
      VW Jetta AT or Skoda Laura AT
      I fear you may not be able to find a good one within that price bracket. You might get a Laura 1.8 TSI within 5-6 Lakhs price range.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Does VW Jetta launched in 2.0 TDI CR with DSG under the hood in 2009,10 and 11s..?
      AFAIK Pump Duse engines came only in the Skodas, I am not sure if any VW cars came with PD engines.

Anyways how much is your running? I would suggest to hunt for BS-4 TSI DSG if you can. The way things are currently going on, govt may limit the legal age of the diesel cars to 10 or 15 years any time, atleast in the metros. In that case the resale value as well as the peace of mind both will be at mercy of the govt policy.

Pollution tests also have become online and the probability of rejecting the BS 2 and 3 vehicles is much higher than BS 4 vehicles so avoid taking chances with the vehicles with those older environmental norms if you intend to keep the vehicle for longer period.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

At the price you are looking at, only a used Skoda Laura 1.8T Petrol will be available.

Are you specifically looking for a diesel car? If yes, then you'd have to spend a bit more to get the Laura 2.0TDI DSG.

Would advise against the 1.9TDI engines.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Looking for ....

Secret

My running would be 1500 per month. That's a great advise in terms of pollution control.. will always look out for BS4 and above..

I can stretch the budget. I am not specific of diesel, but need automatic.
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
      Thanks & Regards
      Balavignesh Ramasamy

PIONEER DEX-P99RS | TCHERNOV SPECIAL MAKE II IC | HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L1 PRO R2 HIGHS | LEGATIA L3 PRO MIDS | LEGATIA L6 V2 LOWS | CLARUS 10" SUB WOOFER | BRIAN B4 SOUNDSTREAM REFERENCE CLASS A PICASSO AMPS | STINGER HPF 4GA OFC POWER WIRE | KnuKONCEPTZ 4GA SCREW RING TERMINALS | RF DB |

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

I can stretch the budget. I am not specific of diesel, but need automatic.
      1500kms per month isn't much, a petrol would probably be better off!

But then again, can't seem to remember the last time I saw a Laura/Jetta P DSG.

So you'll have to narrow down to a Laura/Jetta DSG which again are quite a few in the used car market.

Evolution88 just recently got one. Maybe you can take his help to find a good example.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Buying a used vw/skoda AT is not a good idea. If you need an automatic buy a used toyota/honda. Toyota is a lot better. VW/skoda offers 6 airbags and better driving but maintenance will be a problem.

Looking for ....

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      VW/skoda offers 6 airbags and better driving but maintenance will be a problem.
      VW Jetta Highline 1.9 TDI AT offers 8 airbags.

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      But then again, can't seem to remember the last time I saw a Laura/Jetta P DSG.

So you'll have to narrow down to a Laura/Jetta DSG which again are quite a few in the used car market.
      Have driven few VW Jetta Highline 1.9 TDI AT cars last week, good ride quality and comfort. Based on the suggestion decided to ignore it.

let me look out for Skoda Laura 2.0 CR TDI AT.
      Thanks & Regards
      Balavignesh Ramasamy

Looking for ....

Secret

Tried few 2010 and 11 Laura TDI Ambient dsg. Nice engine but drive quality, fit and finish is not as good as Jetta. VW Jetta is luxurious and gentle.

Decided on VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Highline AT, from a known circle some one is selling. Will post the details soon..

Thanks everyone ��
      Thanks & Regards
      Balavignesh Ramasamy

O_o

Awesome

I would choose a VW over a Skoda due to the ASS. VW has more service centers compared to Skoda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information