• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ICE Upgrade

What a CAR?

Awesome

Added to the DSP and setup was the tuning part. Felt that an helping hand would make a difference. Again Kannan sir and Santosh pitched in and offered their assistance.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

Looking for ....

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
      With the Mosconi gone my dream of having the setup before the December long travel diminished drastically. Not only the DSP was an issue even the install was an issue. Was contemplating on going to Bangalore to get this done. Also, I had a discussion with Speed Freaks as well. Still did not rush with the setup.
      Did you happen to explore Zapco HDSP-Z8 V PRO, the latest one has a built in hi resolution audio player it seems

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
      Thanks & Regards
      Balavignesh Ramasamy

PIONEER DEX-P99RS | TCHERNOV SPECIAL MAKE II IC | HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L1 PRO R2 HIGHS | LEGATIA L3 PRO MIDS | LEGATIA L6 V2 LOWS | CLARUS 10" SUB WOOFER | BRIAN B4 SOUNDSTREAM REFERENCE CLASS A PICASSO AMPS | STINGER HPF 4GA OFC POWER WIRE | KnuKONCEPTZ 4GA SCREW RING TERMINALS | RF DB |

Audio Banned

Awesome

Do share some install pics
      Low Profile ICE with three ALLO 2-channel amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton Reference midbass, wideband, and AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects. 12/220 volt converter to power the amps with laptop adapters.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer, Blue Jeans interconnects and Belden/Klotz speaker cables

What a CAR?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Balavignesh Ram View Post
      Did you happen to explore Zapco HDSP-Z8 V PRO, the latest one has a built in hi resolution audio player it seems

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
      No. Was not aware of it. Any idea on the pricing as I believe it will cost a bomb in India.

What a CAR?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      Do share some install pics
      Have taken a lot. Will be sharing in this thread.

What a CAR?

Awesome

Now back to the story line...
      In the meantime one of my other friend who had returned from the US installed the 80PRS (the one he had got from US) in his car. Oh what a difference it made. That tempted me to get the same rather than opting for a DSP.

Though my investment would have been less with 80PRS, I decided against it due to the following reasons:

• Carrying the HU to my next car would be daunting considering that the current generation cars have integration to the core (e.g. XUV).
      • Next was incapability of the HU to play FLAC.

Though my FLAC collections are less, I was pretty sure that I would get hold of it in the near future. Hence I stood to my guns.

What a CAR?

Awesome

By this time, my vacation plans were finalized and had to be content with my current ICE. Never did I realize that this trip would help me reaching my goal.

What a CAR?

Awesome

Just a couple of days before my trip, I put in GH classifieds Wanted section on my requirement for an used DSP. This was the turning point in the purchase. There were some few questions asked and I got an offer for JL TWK 88 from fellow GH member Pr_007. Was almost finalizing it when I got another offer from fellow member on his sale of Alpine H800 with RUX. I was sold on to it. This DSP was on my radar but only if a Kuruvi was willing to get it for me; definitely was not willing to purchase it India. I started the negotiations. The fellow member was willing to sell the DSP and also offered to sell his Fiio X5. The deal was sweet.

What a CAR?

Awesome

There was a major twist in the whole purchase - the GHian had to hold on his sale as his cousin was interested in the DSP. But still the Fiio was on sale. I was not that keen to take the Fiio without the DSP as it did not add any value to my existing setup. Hence left it at that stage.

What a CAR?

Awesome

By this time I was already in my week long vacation trip with my family for a week long vacation. The DSP and the deal took a back seat on a temp basis. The ICE was crooning all along the trip and we all reached the final leg. It was at this time, I decided to ping the seller on the sale status. My confidence level on getting the DSP and Fiio was really low as there was no update. Still thought it would be worth a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information