• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to by Hatchback for city drive

What a CAR?

Awesome

I vote for Tiago. It is really good and well packaged as well.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by manju100 View Post
      verito electric also available, but not seen one till date.
      I have seen Verito Electric being run under "Lithium" which is used for some kinda corporate transportation. It looks exactly like normal Verito. I think it just says eVerito or something like that. I think it costs upward of 11L on-road in Bangalore. Not worth the price.

I am talking abt new swift yet to release in feb 18, from spec what i read it has atm.
      I think Swift 2018 with AMT won't fall within your budget. Lets see.

You might start taking test drives.

Also you need to decide if you need a VFM car or a "brand" of a car. That criteria is missing, cause some people give high value to phoren brands while others like VFM. I believe you are not averse to Tata and Mahindra.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Also you need to decide if you need a VFM car or a "brand" of a car
      i am looking for VFM. i think tiago is the one suits my requirements.

i will be test driving few cars this weekend.
      manjunath.in

XUV W10
      Swift Dzire VDI
      ZEN VXI

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

my monthly drive is around 900 km so guess petrol is good enough
      for petrol get a zuki or hyundai, cheap, easy to maintain and good mileage for zuki atleast
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Live and let live

Awesome

i am overweight guy (120kg) wonder if fit in e20

verito electric also available, but not seen one till date.
      Try it out, no harm in it.

Awesome

My vote goes to Swift, Ignis
      A beater car with a lacklutre noisy 3 cylinder is the last thing I personally want in traffic in a city like Mumbai
      Parts availability of Maruti is undoubtedly the best and spares are available even at FNGs thanks to MGA
      I hate giving my car to the workshops for service/part changes every now and worse is to wait or face further niggles
      Tiago is a good car but frankly wont meet the above criteria despite having great pricing and features
      Grand i10 is not bad but a bit long in the tooth and I didnt like the brakes much especially in the AT

Keep in mind AMT gearboxes play better with high power/torque engines and K12 engine is the only engine where AMT was acceptable in a petrol car personally
      In diesel form, 1.3 MJD is the best engine for AMT regardless of whether it is Maruti or Tata (Zest)

Resale value is another plus given this segment is bound to see alot of changes in the next couple of years so you will always have the option of taking a fairly minor depreciation hit and switching if so desired
      Higher segment cars rarely bring about the want for a new car as compared to a beater at least for me

Oh and Honda's facelifted Amaze is a good option too, IVTEC is very smooth and arguably one of the best engines this side of the segment and CVT is far superior than AMT and better for city use(no jerks)
      If mileage is a concern, Amaze is also getting a IDTEC CVT which should be worth checking out given Honda has ironed out previous concerns of the engine noise etc in IDTEC engines off late
      Amaze is also based on an all new platform not the old Brio platform

Awesome

Today booked tiago XZA at perrana motors lalbagh road. total on road price 6.45 lakhs. there was a 5K worth accessories free on account of women day special, missed that. also surprised that mud flaps are not standard fitment, they are accessories to be purchased additionally. I was able to bargain floor mat and mud flaps with in the on road price.
      With lot of arguments i was able to waive off transportation charges 6500Rs.
      expected delivery is on march 1st week.
      manjunath.in

XUV W10
      Swift Dzire VDI
      ZEN VXI

Awesome

Today booked tiago XZA
      Congrats for booking new car. Which colour?

And which other cars did you TD and eliminated and for what reason? Would be good to know.

expected delivery is on march 1st week.
      You mean April 1st week?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      And which other cars did you TD and eliminated and for what reason? Would be good to know.
      Took Long time to write. sorry for that.

I took TD of celerio & KWID and New SWIFT all AMT version.

Celerio : Maruthi Badge and easy to maintenance car , this was my first priority to buy until i checked tiago. I did test drive of celerio AMT. i felt the kind of small jerk whenever gear shifted. interior is very dull compared to tiago. and another let down for me was looks. when i compared features offered for the price between celerio and tiago, tiago was winning always.

KWID : i think i did TD of KWID climber. top end has touch screen infotainment. good interiors. and the gear shift was smooth compared to celerio. ground clearance is good. but let down in few things i.e back seat leg space is not that grate and 1.00 lt engine.

New SWIFT : Saw this car and felt this is the car i should buy. TD also added more urge to buy this car. Very comfortable seats, good support for my shoulders. this i did not find in all the car i did TD even in Tiago. Major let down was this car is expensive by 2 lakhs to my actual budget 6 lakhs.
      Swift doesn't have AMT in top end variant. that means i will not get projector led headlights and touch screen infotainment. i was expecting these in car if i am paying 7.50 lakhs.

Finally Tiago : this was the car i did first TD. drove in bumper to bumper traffic and in some empty stretch, AMT was good. i am getting all i wanted with in my budget in this CAR ( except projector headlights and infotainment system) but excellent Harmon music system compensated that .

expecting car delivery in April 1st week.
      manjunath.in

XUV W10
      Swift Dzire VDI
      ZEN VXI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information