• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tata H5X and 45X

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Whats wrong in giving 22" legs?
      Indian Roads, we need higher sidewall

Not that I am buying it anyway - but the WOW factor is not there anymore.
      Paitence bro Patience, Tata is nowadays doing more right than wrong. So lets wait for it.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Awesome

Pic 2 : THe front grill design doesn't look same neither does the ORVMs. Is that a fog light assembly below yellow lights? If yes they are off too.
      While you might be correct about the grill part, the light assembly on the test mules is generally from any other donor vehicle, generally some mini truck etc.

Whats wrong in giving 22" legs?
      22" means you need supersmooth road. The moment you. Havn't you read about Innova Crysta's tyre damage in 17" wheels, Tata Hexa's tyre damage in 19" wheels and facelifted Ecosport's tyre damage in 17" wheels. Problem is not wheel size, but problem is when you have lesser sidewall height of tyre, which causes tyre to get easily pinched between alloy wheel and the concrete whenever the tyre encounters a pothole or even a medium size stone on broken roads, which causes tear in sidewall making tyre useless. And bigger tyres are expensive.

Whats wrong in giving them a virtual cockpit? Future is here.
      All these things come at a cost. And anythong too futuristic for its time is bound to fail in cost-conscious market. The cost of development and testing of any product in automobiles is expensive. And the non-recurring cost per unit becomes too high for low volumes.

have a wide 8" or 10" infotainment panel
      From the pic, it looks like a 8" panel, and seems to be aspect higher than 16:9. And different variants of same car can have different screen sizes (hoping for larger screens in higher variant for those who need larger screens).

Many mid-range bikes are coming with digital instrument cluster.
      Personally i prefer old-school analog dials as compared to digital instrument cluster of Pulsar.

The seats layout and color! Don't even know what thing is it?
      There might be option of 2 captain seats, just like Hexa. THis is just one variant, and things might change between this and the final product. Again. don't worry about the color. I don't think they would use this color for seats in a black interior car.

Pic 5 : C pillar and after - what that black cladding? Another window? Slopping roofline isn't that prominent either and looks flatish.
      That is not a window. It will be similar to what is in concept car. If you see pic 6 on the other side (behind seat's headrest), you can see that piano-black shiny panel having a window cut just like in concept. The lack of sloping roofline could well be due to camera angle or it could have been toned down a bit, can't say looking at the set of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      Paitence bro Patience, Tata is nowadays doing more right than wrong. So lets wait for it.
      +1.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Awesome

rksingh1. Not related to H5X, but some large touchscreen based infotainment fox XUV that might interest you.

Mahindra XUV500 SUV with Tesla-style touchscreen is ULTRA cool
      https://www.cartoq.com/video-mahindr...is-ultra-cool/
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Haha, thanks speed79. I got that link in my Google feed and had checked the item out on YouTube and Laxo Orbis. The video is quite limited to show what the layout is like.

At 99k, I don't know if the price is good. Requesting other champs to comment on it. Looks good to me. I would love to get that done in XUV. Only risk is voiding the warranty. I have bought extended warranty.

#mods , pls move this and previous post to any ICE or infotainment thread.

Awesome

Haha, thanks speed79. I got that link in my Google feed and had checked the item out on YouTube and Laxo Orbis. The video is quite limited to show what the layout is like.

At 99k, I don't know if the price is good. Requesting other champs to comment on it. Looks good to me. I would love to get that done in XUV. Only risk is voiding the warranty. I have bought extended warranty.

#mods , pls move this and previous post to any ICE or infotainment thread.
      It is 12.1 inch, and available for 70k on pre-order. But can't say how good it is. It seems to be powered by raspberry pi3, the same board Lvramanan has used and has been used widely in carputer projects etc.

May be you can wait for warranty to be over, then get it or similar other option at that time. I wonder how a Taiwanese company got interested and designed for XUV which is not a globally popular car. Just call them and ask them if they will be there on India long time, and will they be there to service if something goes wrong.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I think H5X might not live up to the hype
      Interior shots are a bit disappointing
      If they price it lesser than Creta, they definitely have a chance
      If they try for Jeep or Tucson territory, tough luck. Jeep has more badge value with the same engine in higher tune(for 5 seater version), Hexa will eat into sales of 7 seater version as will the Crysta . Tucson is a niche product and Hyundai definitely has more takers as a brand even if Tucson sales are not much . I hear Hyundai never expected it to fly off the shelves but is keeping it to retain its image as a premium brand as is Honda with CRV and Accord which is probably a good move given Suzuki never retained the Grand Vitara and hence Kizashi flopped as Maruti badge value wasnt considered premium anymore

Discovery platform is a plus for the H5X as is the 2.0 MJD but Id be wary of issues at launch with Tata , though I must say on paper, it does look like a better deal than the underpowered, underwhelming Discovery Sport (after test drive ie). Im a bit skeptical of the clutch and gearing of the 2.0MJD in the H5X, didnt really like the way Tata implemented 1.3 MJD compared to Maruti and Chevrolet who did a fantastic job with the same engine in comparison, Nexon and Hexa test drives didnt help matters at least for me.
      ZF9 box is a bit scary, even though Jeep and Honda are gonna use it for Compass and CRV soon. ZF9 has alot of reported issues abroad and is certainly no legendary ZF8
      I do hope Tata, Jeep, Honda have done their research and sorted out the issues as reported abroad because some of the issues reported are fairly recent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information