• Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tata H5X and 45X

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries

Tata H5X and 45X

When I saw videos of H5X in the motor show, I was awe-struck with its design. This has to be the most futuristic design for the show this year. If this translates into production spec in 18 months - boy, I am going to be queued up to get one.

I'll have the pictures do the talking.

HX5 pictures below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tata-H5X-SUV-6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	230209

Name:  Tata-H5x-SUV-Concept-2-720x540.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  tata-h5x-unveiled-auto-expo-2018-5_720x540.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  61.1 KB

Here are some for 45X:

Name:	Tata-45X-Premium-Hatchback-Concept-4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	230212

Name:	Tata-45X-Premium-Hatchback-Concept-5.jpg 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	230213

Name:	Tata-45X-Premium-Hatchback-Concept-2-1.jpg 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	230214

What a CAR?

Awesome

It is one of the best designed vehicles in the resent history. Added to this the Q501/502 is being built on L550 LR platform. So am expecting the ride and handling quality to be top notch for a vehicle in this segment.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

H5X design look like evoque. I think in the long run it will affect land rover brand value if tata keeps copying land rover designs.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      copying land rover designs
      Technically its reusing the designs as its their own company for a while now Nothing wrong in utilizing the skills across the board as long as they're working & winning the market. Its a win-win situation and still those who can afford Rangy's are still going to get it for the brand value. Tata won't do a literal clone of whatever Rangy offers in the H5x.

What you pay for H5X will still be in price bracket of current Tata offerings (sub 20L range I assume) & it will have its limited set of features unlike Rangy.

Good that Tata has realized that sooner than later (already its pretty late because Mahindra has upped their game and 5 years ahead of them in terms of realizing how important good designs right from introducing XUV). Tata though had a brilliant product Aria on their ****nal lost it out due to the age old design and out of the world pricing. They realized it very late and wrapping up their sleeves from Zest, Tiago, Hexa, Tigor, Nexon, H5x, 45x... It needed a top down change and I guess Cyrus and Karl Slym were the ones who spear headed this change in Tata Motors.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

H5X design look like evoque. I think in the long run it will affect land rover brand value if tata keeps copying land rover designs.
      I don't think it would effect or dilute Land Rover brand. Tata cars are mainly made for and sold in India market. Land Rover sales in India are insignificant as compared to overall sales of LR globally, and LR sales in india would be insignificant as compared to Tata cars/SUVs, so there is nothing that Tata Motors is going to loose, even if some of LR sales are effected. Anyways since LR is now owned by Tata, so lot of people in India look down the LR as compared to other 'phoren' brands as JLR is owned by a desi company. So the impact on LR will be minimal. It won't effect LR globally anyways. So as Lvramanan says it is a win-win situation, as it would lead to more sales of Tata cars. Also, LR will always be premium as compared to Tata cars, and brand/image conscious customers will pay double or triple the price even for almost same cars under LR as compared to Tata.

The way i see it, it would enable us middle class people to be able to own some flashy/stylish car which we can not under luxury 'phoren' brands. Just wish that Tata brings H5X at a delicious pricing (something in range of Creta pricing), and make people realise that they have been paying lot of money for an overpriced Creta. Same way a well specced and well priced H7X might give some heat to the likes of the overpriced Fortuner, CRV and other SUVs.

Personally I believe more in VFM products from Tata and Mahindra. These might not enhance your image in social circle, but deep inside one feels satisfied and content that he/she has not been fleeced by the car manufacturer in buying an overpriced car.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
      Added to this the Q501/502 is being built on L550 LR platform.
      Thanks for mentioning it. Q series are more of a clones than inspiration. They are good for what they are, but you know, they aren't "new"!

will affect land rover brand value
      I would seriously doubt that. The future of these companies to evolve and LR can't continue selling the same design for ages. It is for them t upgrade to something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      their ****nal lost it
      Looks like GH didn't like your a r s e n a l word, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Tata brings H5X at a delicious pricing (something in range of Creta pricing), and make people realise that they have been paying lot of money for an overpriced Creta. Same way a well specced and well priced H7X might
      Unofficial quote are ~15L for H5X and ~18L for H7X (though, I am haven't heard this name, they just call it 5 seater and 7 seater cars)

flashy/stylish car which we can not under luxury 'phoren' brands
      Its all about innovation, be it a domestic company or the international ones. Tata and Mahindra have truly understood the benefit of "upping" their game if they ever wanted to stay in the market. These new designs are "amazing" worldwide and I just hope they go global with these cars.

Personally, I'll never buy a car depending upon which country the company originates from. It has hit my "liking", price point and feature expectations. If they meet, I am good. XUV500 looks good to me, but what exactly sold the car to me was it humongous feature list. That's like a $30,000 car and you can get lot of amazing looking cars for that price in International market.

My CEO, sales VP and operations VP were in Bangalore last week and sat in my XUV for a day trip to Mysore and they loved the car. All of them are 6ft tall and my small by any definition. After a lunch at Poojari Fish Land on the way back, they took a nap for an hour. They seemed to connect Mahindra with tractors, but a car of this proportionate was a "wow" moment for them.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Thanks for mentioning it. Q series are more of a clones than inspiration. They are good for what they are, but you know, they aren't "new"!
      I think Q501/Q502 refer to H5x/H7X. Tata has been testing H5X/H7X in LR clothes to hide the design. After the reveal of H5X at Auto Expo, there should not be any Q501 seen on test, as going forward testing would be done in H5x shell with camouflage. 4 models H5x, Q501, H7x and HQ502 doesn't make sense at all. So as per my understanding there will not be any Q501, only H5x.

Its all about innovation, be it a domestic company or the international ones.
      I meant that us middle class who can not afford those cars under foreign brands, read as from Merc/BMW/Audi/Volvo/Audi, and can afford only VFM brands like Tata and Mahendra. It is all about affordability. If i can not afford a 60L car, i can't think of owning it even if i like it.
      Last edited by speed79; 13th Feb 2018 at 11:25.

Awesome

HX5 pictures below:
      What is that bench kind of thing coming out of the boot in the second picture? Any idea? What purpose it could serve?

^_^

Awesome

Blog Entries
      What is that bench kind of thing coming out of the boot in the second picture? Any idea? What purpose it could serve?
      Appears to me like a place you can sit on with the hood open and enjoy some fresh air in the beach.
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

^_^

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I must give it up to TATA for keeping up with the competition with some good VFM products. It is also nice to see its design evolve (HEXA& TIAGO)!
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information