• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diesel is Dead ?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I am talking about stupid HP laptops which need to be torn apart just to replace a Ram Chip. And CMOS battery?
      Seperate the laptop. Remove HDD. Remove screen. Remove Entire MOTHERBOARD. because? The CMOS battery is on TOP of motherboard, just under palm rest.

10 year old laptops has this wonderful space age technology to upgrade Batteries, HDDs, RAM, CMOS and WIFI cards.
      They were called "ACCESS HATCH"
      I have 3pcs 10 year old laptops at my office. They are running along fine as they were easy to upgrade. HDD was replaced as required and they are holding up beautifully. They run 12 hours a day.

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Thats because of NGT bans and 1.3 MJD not getting a refresh for BS VI leading to it being plonked into heavy cars like S Cross, Ciaz, Ertiga , engines like Tata and Hyundai 3 cylinder diesels with lacklustre performance, people are also waiting for replacements to some of the more popular engines such as 1.5 DDiS
      I don't know when but at some point there will be ban for petrol cars too Hopefully not before 20yrs at least. I think in Europe it will happen first. May be only high performance cars will be petrol and 90% people using electric cars

Here is that article of the decline of diesel cars in India:
      https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62344768.cms

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      I am talking about stupid HP laptops which need to be torn apart just to replace a Ram Chip. And CMOS battery?
      Seperate the laptop. Remove HDD. Remove screen. Remove Entire MOTHERBOARD. because? The CMOS battery is on TOP of motherboard, just under palm rest.

10 year old laptops has this wonderful space age technology to upgrade Batteries, HDDs, RAM, CMOS and WIFI cards.
      They were called "ACCESS HATCH"
      I have 3pcs 10 year old laptops at my office. They are running along fine as they were easy to upgrade. HDD was replaced as required and they are holding up beautifully. They run 12 hours a day.
      Oh those !!
      My HP and Dells have easy access to ram and HDD thankfully, Ive seen a few other laptops with the design you are talking about, absolute pain to service those
      My 7567 even has access to fans and heatsink luckily
      Funny thing is each laptop has ridiculous variations to open theme up, even if they are the same series but one generation apart (I have 7520 from 2012 and 7567 from 2017)

Awesome

Unofrtunately both of my new HPs are that way.
      I brought them because no one was offering the kind of Graphics cards in my Budget.

BTW my oldest full duty laptop is a 2006 LG Xnote. Yes very few people know that LGs made laptop back then. I actually brought a blank (Case, disply, Motherboard, CPU) and added my own choice of HDD & Ram & OS.

That laptop has proper access to Heatisnks, Fans, HDD and everything as you mentioned. I wish those golden days would come back.

Coming back to EVs, I think the same kind of extensive teardowns will be required to replace Batteries, Motors etc. I saw new Mercedes diesel where whole engine was covered by plastic. Battery, engine everything. So you cannot eyeball oil leaks, water levels etc just when cleaning the car.
      Score 1 for sustainable tech. (Pun intended)

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Summer days

Secret

Guys, please avoid Laptop related discussions in this thread. This thread is about whether Diesel is Dead ?, please stick to the topic.

Awesome

We are trying to relate how Future cars will become more like a gadget (Mobile, laptop) rather than a CAR.
      BTW thanks for reminder.

Awesome

Yeah seems the world in general is getting locked down on all fronts- be it cars, social media, gadgets
      DIYs and flexibility is gonna die out it seems

I saw this video of a Tesla the other day, the frunk (front trunk) wouldnt open for some reason (it had ample charge) and the owner had stored the charging cable inside it and there was no way of charging his vehicle to 100 % before continuing his journey
      I dread to see a day when this might happen to me

It all starts as a chain reaction with the death of diesels followed by NA petrols

Sorry Nomad for going OT , We cannot help but compare the automotive world to the gadgets world wherein our worst fears have already started coming true

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information