• Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: India to London : Road trip

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      More details:

1. Three women of Delhi, all in mid-30s, drove from Delhi to London in Mahindra Scorpio. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/49990686.cms

2. The men drove from Coimbatore to China in Pajero : By road to China - The Hindu

3. Folks of Adventure Overland have done a cross continent drive in 2013 - 14, Schedule How to plan a world trip|Driving round the World|World Tours

If you're asking why to venture into it? I'll ask why not? Purpose of the trip? What is the purpose of any road - trip? The reasons aren't different.

Going in young age, middle age, old age etc barely matters. Just do it while you're still alive and kicking. Once you're dead, you're dead (unless you believe in re-incarnation)

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Adventure overland completed their 2018 season and 2019 season is up for enthusiasts to grab. Prices go up by 10% to 22L.

Road to London 2019 | Adventures Overland

International trips are a logistics nightmare. It will take months to complete the requirements for each country permit and visa. It was really a marvelous business idea to start a company like this. I am sure they are getting good audience.

OCD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Yesterday, we were watching youtube and we stumbled upon following 3 videos,
      A close friend did this trip. Grey Ecosport at 1:24. Person on the left. From what i heard, the arrangement was fantastic.
      I did meet a few from the group(2 dusters from KA and TN IIRC) one evening, as they were passing through Calcutta.

Unusually, some of the people did not drive their own cars towards the north east stretch. The cars were driven by others not belonging in the actual trip.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      22L
      Its too expensive, i think. It's a one-way cost. Add other costs like fuel, shipping back the vehicle to India and the air ticket to return to India etc. For 2 people (couple) it would be 44L + extras. And for 4 people (family of 4) it would be 88L + extras. I think its expensive.

Need to spend a fortune for this drive !!

Prices go up by 10% to 22L.
      rksingh1. Planning to save the 10% by booking it soon?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Need to spend a fortune for this drive !!
      It is a fortune.

rksingh1. Planning to save the 10% by booking it soon?

Certainly not putting 50L for a couple to do a Europe drive. Plus the whole logistics issue. I like the idea of this trip, not so much the whole visa permit headache.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Its too expensive, i think
      it is not for people who are continuously looking at cost or expense all the time. It is for people who are looking at "once in a life time experiences", who are interested in gathering experience in liu of money. The people who spend time here on Gearheads are not their target audience for this trip.

Can you imagine 200000 people registered for one way Mars trip, the application fee is from 5M$ to 75M$.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_One

it has been brought down to 700-800 in the first round of filtering and to 100 people in second round. the plan is to set up a colony of 20 people on mars by 2040.

In this case, the real business is in

(1) having an infrastructure in all those countries to organize such trips
      (2) assured HNI clients for next few years
      (3) imagine the branding, visibility and admiration gained from aspirational population
      (4) those HNI clients can be tapped for the travel related business from their business empires
      (5) future driving population to each of those countries from India
      (6) if you are good in organizing trip from India to London, then you are good as travel agent from London to India also.

possibilities are infinite.
      Last edited by Nomad; 4th Dec 2018 at 18:26.

Majingilane

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
      I did meet a few from the group(2 dusters from KA and TN IIRC) one evening, as they were passing through Calcutta.
      One must have been Nishit Jois from Bangalore in a black Duster with Bangalore palace to Buckhingham palace stickers on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
      Unusually, some of the people did not drive their own cars towards the north east stretch. The cars were driven by others not belonging in the actual trip.
      That is strange. Any idea why this was the case? Safety or some other reason ?

Awesome

Certainly not putting 50L for a couple to do a Europe drive. Plus the whole logistics issue. I like the idea of this trip, not so much the whole visa permit headache.
      If one wants to do just a Europe road trip, one can fly there, take a Schengen Visa, hire a self drive car and do the Europe trip on his/her own pace. It would be a much relaxed, safer and not-a-logistic-nightmare trip. Moreover, I don't like the idea of going all the way through South East Asia to reach Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      it is not for people who are continuously looking at cost or expense all the time.
      Yeah, it is not probably for the cost conscious. One needs a lot of money for such a trip. The value conscious middle class in us would think: for the trip cost of more than a Crore for 4, i can better buy a house or i can buy some fancy car and do innumerable foreign trips. Nonetheless, it is a good business idea for anyone interested in managing such travels.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      If one wants to do just a Europe road trip, one can fly there, take a Schengen Visa, hire a self drive car and do the Europe trip on his/her own pace.
      This is exactly what I have in my mind. Spend 20-25 days driving through Europe and having a lifetime of an experience. I feel confident to get it done in half the cost of what those guys are asking for and yet have a grand story to tell my grand-kids . (Hoping it'll still be relevant by then)

OCD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      One must have been Nishit Jois from Bangalore in a black Duster with Bangalore palace to Buckhingham palace stickers on the car.
      Might have been. I dont remember the names but do remember seeing a pic/video later with similar tag line.

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Any idea why this was the case? Safety or some other reason ?
      After all this time, I have forgotten what that reason was. Maybe someone was unwell.

A couple of my friends had taken up the trip in those cars from Calcutta towards the north east to some extent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information