• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducing Shashanka - a senior citizen & still a dyed-in-the-wool buff

Meeshakaran Madaiah

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
      Plus, having broken my reading teeth on Jim Corbett's books (as did so many schoolboys back then - I don't know about today) the dream of making Kumaon a home from home was always at the back of the mind.
      Quote Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
      But all that aside, Naukuchiatal, Mukteshwar, Kausani, Kaladunghi (with Corbett’s museum, that Mecca for all Corbett lovers) and all the other splendid little places – they weave their magic today just as they have always done in the past!
      Completely understand the feeling. Had been on a road trip to Corbett and munsiyari this Jan and was mesmersied by the beauty of Uttaranchal. Haven't got enough of this beautiful state yet.

Scorpio 2004, EECO 2015

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Completely understand the feeling. Had been on a road trip to Corbett and munsiyari this Jan and was mesmersied by the beauty of Uttaranchal. Haven't got enough of this beautiful state yet.

Hello Megazoid,

Your words are music to the ears - its very satisfying to find a kindred soul. I find it strange that having grown up & schooled in Allahabad (a stone's throw away from Kumaon, metaphorically speaking!) no-one from my family expressed any affinity for the region. And all our vacations were spent gallivanting around the country from one big city to another, visiting relative after relative - who I suspect now, were fed to the teeth! - without a thought for the great outdoors heaven just north of Allahabad!

So when I read your above post, it was a real joy that there are folks on the forum who find the quiet & peace of the region irresistible!

Regards,
      Shashanka
      Anonymous cynic, possibly George Bernard Shaw, quoted frequently - "The more I see of some folks, the better I love my dogs"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information