• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tata Vs Honda - who makes better cars?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

------double post due to connectivity issues--------
      Last edited by kkn13; 8th Jun 2018 at 17:36.

Enjoying the freedom of
      personal transport. Damm the
      metro trains, automated cars
      etc.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      ZERO truth to this statement, like literally laughable because Honda engines are the last thing anyone with half a mind will crib about
      My 3rd gen City is almost 9 years old now, completely stock and Ive never had a major expense on it
      I may not have clocked any insane miles on it yet but its been through extreme conditions challenging its ground clearance big time, waded through a load of water where alot of owners totalled their car in Mumbai floods multiple times despite it being a low car
      Calm down buddy. Firstly I have clearly mentioned my love of older Honda products. Secondly I am more than willing to elaborate on my statement regarding how long these cars last. If you check the quality of sheet metal on your car with a new Honda City you will know what I mean you can do the same with the old Jazz vs the new one. I am no stranger to running cars our 2004 WagonR has clocked nearly 2 lac kms and is still going strong, Kizashi did 70k kms, my RC390 has done 20k kms in the span of 2 years. Engines will last but I am not sure about the stresses the car's chassis will be able to endure with time. The new cars simply don't feel like they will last as much. I have a friend who owns a new Honda City which has done around 80000 kms and is experiencing excessive vibration during starting the car. I asked him to check the engine mounts when he goes to the service center. Apparently they are fine and he was told that the issue is normal which he verified by trying out some other customer's car that displayed similar vibration. Anyway these are simply my opinions you can take them in whatever way you choose. I am not a huge fan of brands in general as we all know that they are not run by an individual rather decisions are influenced by stakeholders based on non-disclosed figures. I simply look at the individual products and I'm sorry but none of the newer products from the Honda stable have impressed me quite so much as the ones that Tata has been putting out.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
      Calm down buddy. Firstly I have clearly mentioned my love of older Honda products. Secondly I am more than willing to elaborate on my statement regarding how long these cars last. If you check the quality of sheet metal on your car with a new Honda City you will know what I mean you can do the same with the old Jazz vs the new one. I am no stranger to running cars our 2004 WagonR has clocked nearly 2 lac kms and is still going strong, Kizashi did 70k kms, my RC390 has done 20k kms in the span of 2 years. Engines will last but I am not sure about the stresses the car's chassis will be able to endure with time. The new cars simply don't feel like they will last as much. I have a friend who owns a new Honda City which has done around 80000 kms and is experiencing excessive vibration during starting the car. I asked him to check the engine mounts when he goes to the service center. Apparently they are fine and he was told that the issue is normal which he verified by trying out some other customer's car that displayed similar vibration. Anyway these are simply my opinions you can take them in whatever way you choose. I am not a huge fan of brands in general as we all know that they are not run by an individual rather decisions are influenced by stakeholders based on non-disclosed figures. I simply look at the individual products and I'm sorry but none of the newer products from the Honda stable have impressed me quite so much as the ones that Tata has been putting out.
      That has zero truth at all
      I know a tonne of people with newer Hondas and while none of them excite me enough to buy a new one to replace my aging 3rd gen ANHC, there is no doubt they are equally reliable
      I find it even more laughable that you people call Tata's offerings reliable despite none of the newer products-Tiago,Nexon,hexa having been in the market for such a short time with no presence anywhere
      With Honda, they are launched abroad much before India and have rock solid proven reliability

As for sheet metal quality, once again thats laughable because by that logic HM Ambassador should be the safest car on the road
      As for your friends Honda City, how do you know the car wasnt abused or simply a rare part failure case

Im sorry but I think people are too obsessed with Tata these days for no reason
      Apparently you can change everything bad about a company overnight and can bash international reknowned six sigma companies with zero base/logic/proof

Show apparent proof then pass such vague statements

You must think people are fools to still buy Honda over Tata then ?! Dont you think if what statements are being passed here were true then people wouldnt want to save a few 1-2L and go for your apparent "superior" Tata
      Take example of Xiaomi. After years of Samsung dominating the Indian market with cheap, sub standard phones, Xiaomi swooped in and is the top marketshare holder in the Indian market in just a matter of 2 years.
      Last edited by kkn13; 8th Jun 2018 at 23:37.

Enjoying the freedom of
      personal transport. Damm the
      metro trains, automated cars
      etc.

Awesome

That has zero truth at all
      I know a tonne of people with newer Hondas and while none of them excite me enough to buy a new one to replace my aging 3rd gen ANHC, there is no doubt they are equally reliable
      I find it even more laughable that you people call Tata's offerings reliable despite none of the newer products-Tiago,Nexon,hexa having been in the market for such a short time with no presence anywhere
      With Honda, they are launched abroad much before India and have rock solid proven reliability
      READ BEFORE JUMPING THE GUN!!! Have I mentioned the word reliability in any of its forms anywhere in my post? I am talking about how robust the car is it may not be spoken of as much and may not be part of your jargon but it is important to me for specific reasons I have already stated.

As for sheet metal quality, once again thats laughable because by that logic HM Ambassador should be the safest car on the road
      Again you start talking about something I haven't even bothered to bring up. Let me ask you this; is the word 'Safety' in any of its forms mentioned anywhere in my posts?

As for your friends Honda City, how do you know the car wasnt abused or simply a rare part failure case
      The fact that he witnessed the same issue in another random customer's car as mentioned already. Again, are you reading at all?

Im sorry but I think people are too obsessed with Tata these days for no reason
      Apparently you can change everything bad about a company overnight and can bash international reknowned six sigma companies with zero base/logic/proof

Show apparent proof then pass such vague statements
      You talk so much about logic and foundation and proof please apply the same when replying to my posts.

You must think people are fools to still buy Honda over Tata then ?! Dont you think if what statements are being passed here were true then people wouldnt want to save a few 1-2L and go for your apparent "superior" Tata
      Take example of Xiaomi. After years of Samsung dominating the Indian market with cheap, sub standard phones, Xiaomi swooped in and is the top marketshare holder in the Indian market in just a matter of 2 years.
      I do not claim to know exactly how foolish everyone is. If you are okay to conduct a discussion in a proper fashion, then that would be great, otherwise it would be foolish of me to carry this discussion any further with you.

Cheers
      Last edited by IshaanIan; 9th Jun 2018 at 02:54.

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

kkn13 and the rest ?

Before going any further please stop doing the following:

No personal attacks
      No quoting full posts
      Your not the judge of this thread, so stop finding the truth in others statements. People can read everyoneís comments and judge it themselves.

Your free to post your opinion , so do others. So please letís keep this a discussion and comparison. No more no less.

If you canít follow these simple rules or here to prove something then please leave this thread and let others speak out.

There are other threads in this forum like the recycle bin and the grievances section to blow offf some steam. Your welcome to head there.

Thanks for your understanding.

P.S: I am not going to edit out portions of your posts as it doesnít seem fair. So Iíll be moving out the entire posts and quotes that either provoke or attack others , into the Recycle bin including mine.
      Last edited by WildWeasel; 9th Jun 2018 at 02:59.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Chill

Lets keep the thread to more facts and experiences. Having a heated discussion is like debates on New Channels with nothing coming out of it except chest pumping and we all loose the actual information shared. Personally, the new Amaze is looking great to me and I will buy Tiago If my car buying consideration is only FTD, VFM car with great suspension & music system. But sadly things like Big Car Sedan look is a matter for most Indians.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

^_^

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Does Honda makes better cars than Tata? Hell yes!

Do we have good Honda products in India under 20 lacs? Hell no!
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      This is OT for this thread. But my friend called me again, and i asked him if he got delivery of his Baleno CVT. He hasn't yet got it. He is not able to take Nexon off his mind.
      Just an update. My friend cancelled baleno booking and has booked nexon AMT. Despite being worried about owning a Tata car, he could not take nexon off his mind. Delivery in 1 week. It's grey colour diesel XZA.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information