• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Steering Pump

Happy

Secret

Steering Pump

Hi Friends,
      My car Make & Model: TATA MANZA QJET 90 DIESEL TOP MODEL-2012.
      Problem: Recently, might be 1 month back, I heard a hissing noise when I was turning my steering LEFT/RIGHT. Took to mechanic, he said the Power Steering Pump needs to be replaced. Second Opinion - same. Checked online for the price of steering pump, I see a varying difference in prices, the first mechanic said somewhere around 8k + Labour, Second said 6.5k + 900 rs for some fitment + Labour, Online it says 9k to 11k.
      Query: 1. Can the steering pump opened up and diagnosed? checked? if really faulty and needs replacement? I need a good mechanic here. I stay in Thane/Mumbai.
      2. If I have to buy new steering pump, should I buy the steering pump from outside and get it fitted by a local mechanic?
      3. I would be happy if anyone helps me with getting best price either from dealer/manufacturer/trades/retailer/
      wholeseller? in and around Mumbai/Thane/Bhiwandi.

My personal experience is mechanics never go for diagnosing the part by actually opening and seeing through the issues. They will directly hit the purchase button on us.
      Really Need a Genuine mechanic who can still open the steering pump and see whether it needs replacement or repairing.

Help Appreciated.

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

Did you check the power steering oil level? In some cases the hissing sound starts if the level drops below the minimum. If that is the case find the source of leak and fill in the oil. Also check the belt condition before going for a change of the pump.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Let the noise be there if the steering works fine. You can change the fluid and see if it helps.

Happy

Secret

Yes, I & mech both checked, oil level is fine. No leaks observed. Yes, BELT is thing which I need to change. But let me tell you how my mechanic found that issue is abt steering pump faulty. He told me to start the car, sit inside and turn the steering completely Right and then Left, followed couple of times. Meanwhile the mechanic got a long screwdriver and touched somewhere near the steering pump location and one ear to the other end of screwdriver. & he was listening to the sound.. Kind of doctor's way... He said that it is 100% steering pump issue, cause he was getting too much irritation when he heard the sound. Anyways, My first task is to change the belt and see for few days. Thanks Kumar.

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

Generally in most cases when the pump fails there will be some oil leak. Not necessary that oil will drip on to the ground but it maybe limited to the outside of the pump.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Information