• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: My polo got new seat covers. Eminent car interior review.

Hello friends

Awesome

My polo got new seat covers. Eminent car interior review.

My car, polo, had started to show some signs of age in terms of dirty interior and the scratched exterior, not mechanically except the normal maintenance. Since inside the car is where you spend the most of the time, getting new seat covers was on the top of the list.
      I had been following this Facebook page - eminent interior and the reviews as well as the work looked good in pictures. And I had decided long ago that whenever I get new interiors it will be from this place.
      So I finally made up my mind and visited there yesterday. There are a lot of options in terms of quality, color, design. That's the best thing I liked about the place, you can customize the look just the way you like.
      I decided to get black color seat covers (can't go wrong with black) in artificial leather with a predecided design from their catalog with a little change, stearing cover in same material and negotiated a set of cushions, neck rest and seat belt cover in pu quality all for Rs 12000/-
      They told me that they stock just the lower range fabric (pu) and that there is a wait time of two hours for the material I chose to get here from their stockist. That was a bummer but I had no other option.
      I was told that there is plenty to do till then i.e. take out the seats and strip the original seat covers. But none of that was done as one of their pro installers wasn't here and they were afraid to tamper with my aftermarket ICE wiring and amp. After more than 2 hours fabric arrived and absolutely nothing was done till then. Finally I took matters in my own hand and dismantled the amp and the wiring so that they can remove the seats.
      They told me that they will use foam for padding and that there were 2 qualities and the better quality will be used. Now in the process I saw that they were using the better foam for just small patches instead of using it entirely. They didn't accept the mistake and made excuses. I had to fight for that to get the better foam for all the areas. I had also asked for a little extra foaming under the thighs for extra support right from the starting. But after this episode of me catching them using lower quality foam they put an extra price tag (1000rs) on the foaming for thigh support. This was a major let down.
      Anyways the entire process finished by 11 pm. (I reached the place around 11.30 am)
      The entire process took a lot of time as they cut the fabric stitch it up and then fix it on the seat.
      Putting up some pics of the process.
      Will put the pics of the interior when I get some decent shots.
      Ps - I couldn't find a proper place to post the review so posting in polo group as the car is polo. Mods please shif the thread to a more suitable place.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brio SMT

Secret

Wow nice. This is something I am also interested. Would love to know your feedback. I know most go with PU but do they have fabric, velvet beige seat covers as well like elegant seat covers ?

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Doc sahab's adventure continues
      Do post the final pictures of the seat covers, couldnt see them in your post.

You should have checked with me once, would have recommened something nice, check Nirdesh's seat covers in Nexon done last week pretty close to my place in 3 hrs flat, ofcourse the seat covers order was placed a week in advance.

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsharma_7 View Post

You should have checked with me once, would have recommened something nice, check Nirdesh's seat covers in Nexon done last week pretty close to my place in 3 hrs flat, ofcourse the seat covers order was placed a week in advance.
      If only you guys had posted those pics earlier. What's done been done. Will post the final pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Wow nice. This is something I am also interested. Would love to know your feedback. I know most go with PU but do they have fabric, velvet beige seat covers as well like elegant seat covers ?
      Yes they did have. But I didn't bother to ask about the cost. Will post the pics soon in a day or two.

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsharma_7 View Post

I din't get you can you post a link. I know there are many but I guess most popular are eminent and elegant?

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      I din't get you can you post a link. I know there are many but I guess most popular are eminent and elegant?
      Its not posted here yet, we got it done from Autoform Indirapuram center with 2 years warranty. If you are in Noida/Ghaziabad its best to get it done from them.

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Brio SMT

Secret

Ok thanks, yeah completely forgot about autoform.

Hello friends

Awesome

Sorry for the delay in putting up pics. Here are the pics.

Now if you see the front seats are flawless. No complaints. But in the back seat you will notice a big gap between the back support and the seating. He said it'll settle down with use and is due to new foam and if not he'll rectify it. Will wait for a month and if it doesn't settle will have to go back to get it corrected.
      Apart from this I'd say there is a considerable improvement in the comfort while driving.

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      Sorry for the delay in putting up pics. Here are the pics.
      Now if you see the front seats are flawless. No complaints. But in the back seat you will notice a big gap between the back support and the seating. He said it'll settle down with use and is due to new foam and if not he'll rectify it. Will wait for a month and if it doesn't settle will have to go back to get it corrected.
      Apart from this I'd say there is a considerable improvement in the comfort while driving.

Brio SMT

Secret

Cool

Thanks for the pics. It looks great

Thread Information