• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Condensation issue in headlights

Sedate...

Awesome

akop.4040, Condensation can happen cos of multiple reasons. It can happen if there is a minor crack in headlamp assembly, if the bulb holder sealing isn't right or any other headlamp sealing isn't right & so on. But most of the cases condensation will happen only after you drive in rain or after a car wash.
      In your case it seems to happen always. I could see that you have headlamp washers in your car. Can you ask Service Center folks to check any leak from the same to the headlamp assembly? If you feel Service Center is of not much help, I request you to write to Skoda India directly with pics attached.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Hi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      akop.4040, Condensation can happen cos of multiple reasons. It can happen if there is a minor crack in headlamp assembly, if the bulb holder sealing isn't right or any other headlamp sealing isn't right & so on. But most of the cases condensation will happen only after you drive in rain or after a car wash.
      In your case it seems to happen always. I could see that you have headlamp washers in your car. Can you ask Service Center folks to check any leak from the same to the headlamp assembly? If you feel Service Center is of not much help, I request you to write to Skoda India directly with pics attached.
      Thanks for replying. The dealer and Skoda India is not willing to do anything more because as per them there is no leak or damage.
      Here's what happened in short, I told about this to the dealer>> He laughed saying that I should get more knowledge as in how to use headlights>> looped in a Skoda India guy who instructed them to fix it>> As per the dealer they installed "new" headlights>> The issue was still there, I pressed him he said the headlights were swapped from a demo car>> Sent hundreds of mail to Skoda India, they sent a guy to inspect the car and told the dealer to install "new" headlights>> The guy inspected the car and said that its normal, meanwhile out of the new headlights, one headlight was for my car's vin and the other one from the dealer's old stock which was manufactured in 2016>> Again sent a mail to them they said that the issue is normal, case closed and they won't change headlights as they did it for me as a favor.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by akop.4040 View Post
      Thanks for replying. The dealer and Skoda India is not willing to do anything more because as per them there is no leak or damage.
      Here's what happened in short, I told about this to the dealer>> He laughed saying that I should get more knowledge as in how to use headlights>> looped in a Skoda India guy who instructed them to fix it>> As per the dealer they installed "new" headlights>> The issue was still there, I pressed him he said the headlights were swapped from a demo car>> Sent hundreds of mail to Skoda India, they sent a guy to inspect the car and told the dealer to install "new" headlights>> The guy inspected the car and said that its normal, meanwhile out of the new headlights, one headlight was for my car's vin and the other one from the dealer's old stock which was manufactured in 2016>> Again sent a mail to them they said that the issue is normal, case closed and they won't change headlights as they did it for me as a favor.
      Get hold of Silica Gel packets and put it inside headlight assembly via dust cap opening. Your issue will be resolved.
      https://www.amazon.in/Generic-Reusab...xoCqWEQAvD_BwE

Pretty normal issue with retrofit headlights and most German cars.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Helix P400 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta: Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

Hi

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      Get hold of Silica Gel packets and put it inside headlight assembly via dust cap opening. Your issue will be resolved.
      https://www.amazon.in/Generic-Reusab...xoCqWEQAvD_BwE

Pretty normal issue with retrofit headlights and most German cars.

Many people are suggesting me to open the headlights, dry them or put a silica pack but I am interested in finding the source of this water/moisture first as even if by drying the problem goes away but it will come back eventually but to find the source is like finding ache din.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information