• Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Reagrding Hardwire a Dash Cam in Ford Figo 1st Gen

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Reagrding Hardwire a Dash Cam in Ford Figo 1st Gen

All,

I am planning to install a dashcam in my Figo [ 2014]. I would like to hardwire it so that car interior looks clean. I have few question, could you please help?

1. I could see Fuse box behind the glove box. Do we need to remove dashboard in-order to do this work?

2. There are many empty or not used fuse slots are available in passenger side fuse box [ example F1,F2,F3]. Can i use any one of this?

3. I would like to use ignition switched power slot so that when I switch off the car, dashcam also switch off automatically. If I dont get any empty fuse slot which cutoff the power with ignition off, I am planning to use F34 Rear window heater fuse slot [ 3A]. Please let me know if this is a good idea.

4. Any recommended auto electrical shop who can do this in Bangalore? I would like to do it in FASS but I am not sure if they do this work or not.

Thank you for the help!

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Hebbar View Post
      I could see Fuse box behind the glove box. Do we need to remove dashboard in-order to do this work?
      No

There are many empty or not used fuse slots are available in passenger side fuse box [ example F1,F2,F3]. Can i use any one of this?
      Do not touch or use the stock fuses. The spares are kept for a purpose to put in place if in case any of the ones in use goes kaput. For a DVR I don't think a fuse is required. It will hardly be 5V or so. You can add one if required.

I would like to use ignition switched power slot so that when I switch off the car, dashcam also switch off automatically. If I don’t get any empty fuse slot which cutoff the power with ignition off, I am planning to use “F34” Rear window heater fuse slot [ 3A]. Please let me know if this is a good idea.
      Again don't touch the stock fuses. If you're familiar with the wiring, connect it to the ACC line (accessories line) which is what is should be used for these devices (Audio, Aux lights, DVRs etc to be connected to this line)

Any recommended auto electrical shop who can do this in Bangalore?
      Tagging the #bangalore folks. You can try Bay 6. Or contact bangalore folks who have already installed this cam. shishirbn, speed79, mclaren1885, tadukuttan, Evolution88, etc.

I don't know if megazoid and Nomad have a dash cam installed, but they could probably recommend some place because they're in Bangalore as well.

I would like to do it in FASS but I am not sure if they do this work or not.
      I doubt they would do such extra accessories work.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Awesome

1. I could see Fuse box behind the glove box. Do we need to remove dashboard in-order to do this work?

Not required. Just remove the glove box for easier access.

2. There are many empty or not used fuse slots are available in passenger side fuse box [ example F1,F2,F3]. Can i use any one of this?
      The owners manual will give out all details on what fuse is for what purpose. If there are empty slots, check them prior to connecting if they are sourcing power directly through battery or when ignition is turned ON. If any of the empty fuse powers ONLY when ignition is ON, use it.

3. If I dont get any empty fuse slot which cutoff the power with ignition off, I am planning to use F34 Rear window heater fuse slot [ 3A]. Please let me know if this is a good idea.
      Don't use fuses of critical items like headlamp, ABS, Airbags, Defogger, lights etc. As also pointed by Lvramanan Sir, I'll suggest you to choose fuses of non -critical items like 12V socket. If that fuse blows, nothing critical or dangerous will happen.

4. Any recommended auto electrical shop who can do this in Bangalore? I would like to do it in FASS but I am not sure if they do this work or not.
      FASS may not help, check accessory store or any Gearheads member can help.
      Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - Polar White

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Do we need to remove dashboard in-order to do this work?
      No. Checkout this video.

If I don’t get any empty fuse slot which cutoff the power with ignition off
      Can you not use a fuse tap?
      Name:  download.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  3.7 KB
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

A delay is better than a
      disaster

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Again don't touch the stock fuses. If you're familiar with the wiring, connect it to the ACC line (accessories line) which is what is should be used for these devices (Audio, Aux lights, DVRs etc to be connected to this line)
      Thank you for clarifying my doubts. I am planning to use a fuse tap for the slot no F44 [ Connected to Audio device].

I don't know if megazoid and Nomad have a dash cam installed, but they could probably recommend some place because they're in Bangalore as well.
      Today i called EVO bangalore [http://www.evo-blr.com/]. They does this work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
      Not required. Just remove the glove box for easier access.
      I Just tried myself today, Enough space is there to do this work.
      Quote Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
      The owners manual will give out all details on what fuse is for what purpose. If there are empty slots, check them prior to connecting if they are sourcing power directly through battery or when ignition is turned ON. If any of the empty fuse powers ONLY when ignition is ON, use it.
      Sure, worst case i will do fuse tap on slot F44.

Quote Originally Posted by alexshom View Post
      Can you not use a fuse tap?
      I did some research today. Looks like Figo 1st gen uses Mini type Blade fuses. So I just ordered mini type fuse tap adapter and some Mini fuses from aliexpress.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

I had got the (removable) dash cam. The camera developed some fault as it had inbuilt battery. but i had the power cable wiring installed through a FNG near by. any FNG who does headlight or basic electrical work can do this job.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Mine is also not hardwired. It just fits in the cigarette socket. If the wire is big then you can run it via dashboard backside and it would not be visible
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Sedate...

Awesome

I would like to use ignition switched power slot so that when I switch off the car, dashcam also switch off automatically.
      Figo 12v socket have power supply even if engine is shut off. So if you want to achieve the above, you might have to hard wire it some other way or else use a switch or so to cut off power to the same. alexshom would be the right person to guide you on this. He is running a similar setup on his Figo.

Am running Dashcam connecting to 12v socket. Whenever not using, I switch off the Dashcam & remove the connector from 12v socket.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      use a switch or so to cut off power to the same.
      Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      He is running a similar setup on his Figo.
      Details at the below link.
      Mobius Action Cam / Dash Cam Review - Page 7

This would help you utilize the parking mode (motion detection/impact sensing) of the dashcam. However, you would have to remember to power on the dashcam the next time, after you've switched it off.
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Thread Information