• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Tata Manza Back Tail Light Problem - DIY exercise

Happy

Secret

Tata Manza Back Tail Light Problem - DIY exercise

Hi Readers,
      The post is about Back Light (Tail Light) Not working & how I did a DIY to resolve this.
      Problem: It was raining heavily and I switched to 'Hazard Light' and was driving. Then slowly I took a right lane turn, and suddenly a scorpio guy honked me, I immediately gave him side and rolled my window down little bit to ask him what's the problem. He said why are you giving left indicator and turning right. I said No. I am on Hazard. He said pls check and left. I drove little ahead and halted, got down checked the lights, The scorpio guy was rightly saying so. Somehow I managed to come home. Checked brakes, indicator, hazard light by testing.. RIGHT side was completely non-functioning.

Solution: I took the car to mech, he said he need to open lights panel, check wiring and if any big problem it might cost more. I asked how much tentative fig.? He said if Bulbs are gone, then all 4 bulbs need to be changed with NEW ones. If wiring then complete wiring (backside) needs to be checked and cost will be somewhere like this: A: 4 bulbs cost + labour, or B. 4 bulbs cost + new wiring cost + labour. He said he would charge for labour only, somewhere around rs. 250 for A. and rs. 700 for B.

I said let me come back some other day. He agreed. I was not willing to pay and doubted his calculations. So I thought let me check myself what's wrong, after all its fitted on screws. To Open the lights, it needed 10 number ring pana. (Only). I got it and opened. tried to pull the light but it was stuck somewhere from inside. found that there is a cork screw(plastic) which holded the light panel from inside too. so even removed that with bare hands. Finally light panel was out and saw all wires were cut (Pic attached). I was surprised to see that. Note:It was a seconds car. I forgot to check the lights functioning while buying. Anyways now it's mine.

So my first confirmed problem was wire cuts. but I thought let me check the bulbs.. but how ? So i removed the other tail light same way and changed the bulbs of RIGHT side to LEFT side. and surprisingly all bulbs were working. Now,I was left with wire cuts, what to do, there was no room for slicing and joining the wires again with elec.tape. So I took the complete wire harness set to automobile spare parts shop and asked him whether I can get this? He said he will check and doubt if available...waited for 10 mins and the guy came out with new wire set. I was happy to see that. charged 300 rs. I paid instantly and left. Came back installed the wire harness by just plugging the bulbs to the respective sockets, and clipping the wire socket to the main supply. and it worked.

Here I saved money as well as got educated with some stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181010_124128.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	233045  

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      You should have clicked some more pics, or if you have clicked, please post them. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Happy

Secret

One more pic of the wiring which I changed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181011_173600.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	233046

Thread Information