• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renault Duster 110ps AMT aka "BUTCH"

Follow Your Heart

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Congrats yoge_007 on the new acquisition ! Wish you many happy miles on the beast
      Thanks Lvramanan.. looking forward for 6 digit in odo

Follow Your Heart

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KPR1 View Post
      Duster 110 is too costly. It should be at 12.5 to 13L for a reasonable and VFM pricing is what my opinion. It will definitely attract more customers.
      But anyway Duster is one no nonsense SUV. I believe in buying a tested, proven and the best offering a manufacturer can give to a model. Duster itself is one such car and the icing on the cake is auto gear to it.
      Compared to creta & S-cross [topend - manual], the pricing for this model is much more relatively reasonable is what i feel.. May be i looses on the frills and glitters which the competetors offer.. but I bought Duster for its ride quality, looks, space offered and more importantly as you said it is tried, test and vouched by many for its reliability......

Follow Your Heart

Awesome

Chapter 2: Butch paid a visit to spa named Powerzone

"Big Reveal" of the Butch to my larger family [We stay in a big joint family of 35] is something i had in mind for a long time. As with the greyhound, some special treatment for the Butch was already planned. Once we decided to let go of my greyhound and get my new car, first thing i did was to consult Saravana from Powerzone and get some suggestions on ICE.

Below were my Key requirements:
      Definitely an upgraded ICE. [Having been used to my heavenly setup in Greyhound, Stock ICE in Butch was not worth listening to]

Retain the stock HU as my company policy doesnt allow you to do extensive modification in lease period. Also it had navigation inbuilt.

Seat Furnishing. [Didn't like the greyish green dull finish provided in the stock]. I want to have brighter interior to accentuate the interior space.

Flooring that is not slippery [One of the gripe i had in Greyhound].

Unlike last time, Had severe Vitamin-M constraint this time around.. discussed the same with him.. Also am not an SME in ICE.. all i need is a decent everyday passive setup that doesnt require much of fiddling and tuning frequently. So with these requirements of mine, we agreed on the below.

Strip the Sinus live Comps, Kicker rear fillers, Kicker 12 inchers and the GroundZero 4channel Amp from my greyhound to re-live in the Butch.

Since am going to retain the stick HU, we decided to go for the Musway D10 which feeds from HU and powers the comps and sub alongside Groundzero Amp.

Get Brushed aluminium tweeter pods in A-Pillars [Aesthatics]

Dampening using Dampmat.

Beige/Ivory custom made seat furnishing using Napa leatherite.

Flooring using a new material [Thicker and textured]. that is custom moulded for each car flooring.. Hence no cutting & sticking and more imprtantly no slippages.

With the above requirements, we concluded and agreed that i would handover the car on 23rd Oct [Tuesday] and the work would be completed by the evening of 26th Oct [Friday] for me to take the car home.

Continuation of Chapter 1:
      Took the delivery of the car from Kun Renault Kilpauk brach and drove 6 odd Kms to Powerzone [Whitesroad branch] and carefully handed over to Saravana.. and got a confirmation again that the car would be delivered on 26th evening. We bid adieu and my wife and kid had our dinner in our very own Buhari and reached home by Ola...

Now without the greyhound and butch not in hand, I had to depend on my daily commutes on my Pulsar for more than a week... It was fun i should say.. Back to college days.. kinda feel..

Used to pay a visit to the powerzone during my lunch time [Luckily my work place was just a couple of Kms from Powerzone] and in the evenings after work... on 25th, i was casually checking with Saravanan about the feasibility of the custom moulded sub enclosure, so that wont eat much of the space in the boot and also for aesthetic reasons.. He said he can create one for me but that would mean an additional day and additional cost... I agreed and also asked him to do the sub-enclosure and door panels to match the seats... It was a last minute request but saravana as always gladly accepted my request.

Saravana noticed that Sinuslive midbass wont fit in the doors... As the stock speaker size was 5-1/4 whereas the size of the sinuslive midbass was 6-1/2.. Yet another confusion... finally we took a call that we cut out the door panels to fit the sinus live speaker and add aftermarket speaker grill.

Few pics of the installation

Stripped interiors
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ripped.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	233655

Door Dampening

Name:	Dampening.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	993.6 KB 
ID:	233641

Flooring

Name:	Material Thickness.jpg 
Size:	894.0 KB 
ID:	233643

Name:	Flooring.jpg 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	233642

Finished Flooring

Name:	Flooring_Done.jpg 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	233644

Freshly moulded Sub enclosure: Alignment check

Name:	Sub-Enclosure.JPG 
Size:	824.7 KB 
ID:	233645

Musway DSP

Name:	Musway.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	905.3 KB 
ID:	233646

Musway goes behind the HU

Name:	Musway Install.JPG 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	233647

Finally on 27th afternoon the work was completed and below are the pics of the final product.

Front Stage [Retained the stock look with addition on tweeter pods]

Name:	IMG_2743.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	930.4 KB 
ID:	233648

Tweeter Pods

Name:	IMG_2745.JPG 
Size:	710.9 KB 
ID:	233650

Tweeter pods from outside

Name:	IMG_2747.JPG 
Size:	650.8 KB 
ID:	233651

Front seats and door panels

Name:	Front Seating.jpg 
Size:	1,004.6 KB 
ID:	233649
      Seats are very comfortable and soft in nature... Would definitely need some attention from time to time... let us see how good am able to maintain the light interiors.

Rear seats

Name:	Rear Seat.jpg 
Size:	856.9 KB 
ID:	233652

Boot with Sub enclosure.. furnished with the seat cover material..

Name:	Finished Boot.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	233653

After extensive tuning as per my liking, the Butch was ready to be finally revealed.

How does it sound? Obviously Much better than the stock.. in addition to HU bluetooth connectivity i now also have an option to connect to musway via bluetooth and play songs for SQ. Highs are rich and the lows are thumping... the sound stage is much wider and crisp.. As with my Greyhound, this is a everyday setup that could play every genre.. [Jack as& of all trades]... But i do felt that this is not exactly how my setup used to sound in greyhound.. ofcourse the dimensions and build of this car is different... Gonna give it some time.. either i will get used to this setup or will come back to Powerzone for re-tuning.....

Finally took delivery of the car and brought it home to see the wowed faces.. took everyone for a spin in batches.. everyone are happy...

During the delivery, i had already paid for the wheel arch guard and installation... But since it requrie atleast 3 hours time for installation, couldnt get it done before delivery... But the SA Muthukumar came to my office on 29th morning.. took my car.. did the wheel arch guard installation and got it delivered promptly my 5pm.. He was wowed with the interior remodelling and way the butch sounds.. Thanked him for the service.
      Here is the Butch after getting some socks..

Name:	WheelArch.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	233654

As with my initial impression of the Butch am gonna reserve my post until the 1000km mark on the ODO.. I think we should give that time to give a fair opinion of my ride...

Next chapter 3: inital impressions [Excluding the AMT].. wait for it fellas
      Last edited by yoge_007; 14th Nov 2018 at 14:02. Reason: Typo

Follow Your Heart

Awesome

Taken recently... glow in the golden hours.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Congratulations Yogi.

How much did the trip to Powerzone cost you for all of the ICE change and seats?

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      How much did the trip to Powerzone cost you for all of the ICE change and seats?
      What happened in a ICE installation can come out, but the cost spent and hole burnt in the pocket stays private

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Blog Entries
      So that bloody bugger sold you that piece of shit called Musuway eh?
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information