• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: 2008 Chevrolet Spark LS Throttle body error

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

2008 Chevrolet Spark LS Throttle body error

Our 2008 Chevrolet Spark has been facing issue with low idle RPM during cold start, and used to switch off by its own when AC is on. Local mechanic scanned using some OBD scanner and the error code points to the throttle position sensor. The OE part costs around 19000 rupees and of course there are after market ones available online. Has any one gone through similar issues ? Installing a new throttle body assembly solve the issue ?

Hers is an aftermarket one
      Throttle Body Assembly For Deawoo Chevrolet Matiz Spark M200 1.0 96439960-in Throttle Body from Automobiles Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TIA

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Dont you have shops that can repair this for you?
      In 1970 I took my Yashica camera to a shop in Madras where he repaired the light meter. He had never seen the camera before. An hour later, i paid him about 50 rupees. In Malaysia they wanted to replace the meter.
      You should be able to find someone who can fix this.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Dont you have shops that can repair this for you?
      In 1970 I took my Yashica camera to a shop in Madras where he repaired the light meter. He had never seen the camera before. An hour later, i paid him about 50 rupees. In Malaysia they wanted to replace the meter.
      You should be able to find someone who can fix this.
      Yeah spoke with many guys in central Kerala, and all of them are quoting ~6000 with almost no guarantee.

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
      Yeah spoke with many guys in central Kerala, and all of them are quoting ~6000 with almost no guarantee.
      AliExpress offers you a warranty on paper which wont be easy.. If you need to claim you pay for shipping and you have no guarantee that they will honor it. Even if they do, it will take ages. Is there no parts exchange system?

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

What is the fault code you get? Many online shops demand that a certified workshop fits the part for warranty to apply and they ask for proof. Troform the manufacturer of this throttle body sells fuel injectors for 7 dollars. Stay away.
      I would rather trust a local mechanic who can repair the old one than getting a cheap lookalike part from China. Otherwise, get an OEM part. I will never allow these Chinese lookalikes in my car. I was reading about Chinese injector nozzles having a 40% defect rate. Anything over 5-10% is junk.
      If you want to buy one from China, ask the seller for the defect rate before you buy. The reviews in AliExpress are useless. They review the seller and shipping, saying things like Top seller and fast shipping but not the product itself.

Awesome

What is the fault code you get? Many online shops demand that a certified workshop fits the part for warranty to apply and they ask for proof. Troform the manufacturer of this throttle body sells fuel injectors for 7 dollars. Stay away.
      I would rather trust a local mechanic who can repair the old one than getting a cheap lookalike part from China. Otherwise, get an OEM part. I will never allow these Chinese lookalikes in my car. I was reading about Chinese injector nozzles having a 40% defect rate. Anything over 5-10% is junk.
      If you want to buy one from China, ask the seller for the defect rate before you buy. The reviews in AliExpress are useless. They review the seller and shipping, saying things like Top seller and fast shipping but not the product itself.
      Honestly I don't remember the exact error code, it stats with P2xxx. Tried couple of throttle body repair guys and they just delete the error code and assure that the issue has been resolved. It seems to be a common issue among Chevrolet spark.

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

they just delete the error code and assure that the issue has been resolved.
      I don't mean just erasing fault codes but someone who can dismantle the part and repair the unit. Even if someone takes 6000 rupees to do a repair, I might take that chance rather than getting a new one from Ali.
      Have you had the car checked by the dealers? My car has a fault code that shows a shorted oil level sensor but i have traced the fault to the bonnet switch. The oil pressure lamp flashes to warn me of an unlatched bonnet.
      In your case, it could be the temperature or manifold pressure sensor, crank or camshaft sensor. They are all connected. Have it checked by the dealer before you buy parts. Is you car petrol or diesel?

Awesome

I don't mean just erasing fault codes but someone who can dismantle the part and repair the unit. Even if someone takes 6000 rupees to do a repair, I might take that chance rather than getting a new one from Ali.
      Have you had the car checked by the dealers? My car has a fault code that shows a shorted oil level sensor but i have traced the fault to the bonnet switch. The oil pressure lamp flashes to warn me of an unlatched bonnet.
      In your case, it could be the temperature or manifold pressure sensor, crank or camshaft sensor. They are all connected. Have it checked by the dealer before you buy parts. Is you car petrol or diesel?
      Itís a one liter petrol. Took the car to the authorized service center and they are over booked and do not have time to do this kind of troubleshooting

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

they are over booked and do not have time to do this kind of troubleshooting
      This what your car needs and not a new unit. Have they checked? P2122 is only a general fault code. What is the voltage of the TPS? Has he checked the pedal sensor? I think you will be throwing your money out the window if you just run and buy a new TPS. That might not solve your problem. You need to contact an authorized dealer.
      If your engine stops, you dont buy a new engine without finding out the cause.
      P2122 OBD-II Trouble Code: Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input
      Check out this video.

Thread Information