• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Thread: Used Ford Ecosport or New Freestyle ?

    1. #1
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      1

      Question Used Ford Ecosport or New Freestyle ?

      Hi All,

      First of all, good day to all the people of this forum and happy to be part of this community.

      I am planning to buy my first car and confused between a Used Ford Ecosport (2015, TDCi, Titanium Plus, 60,000 Kms ) vs New FreeStyle (Petrol, Titanium).

      I went to the showroom in Chennai and looked at Freestyle but at the same price I've seen used Ecosport from Ford Assured.

      My hesitation is around buying used one compared to a relatively new freestyle, does Ecosport has something to offer eventhough its a used one ?

      Please give your thoughts.

      Thank you all.

    2. #2

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      sriharsha's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,899
      Would be good to know your expectations from the car.

      What you're comparing here is a diesel to a petrol, a mini suv (so-called) to a wannabe cross-over. (my dictionary reads both cars as hatchbacks, one with a little less steroids than the other )

      So define your requirements, in terms of usage, cost of ownership etc. which would then help in making suggestions

      Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

    3. #3
      Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!
       
      Awesome
       
      rksingh1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Chennai, Tamilnadu
      Posts
      2,809
      Blog Entries
      5
      From the outset, the question of old vs new of same segment at same price can have only one answer - go for new.

    4. #4
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      224
      Pure engine talk- TDCI trumps over the 3 cylinder Dragon big time
      Take it from an Ecosport TDCI owner

      Go for Freestyle TDCI instead unless you want petrol, in which case the Aspire Automatic has the 1.5 Dragon which is a huge difference in performance over the mediocre 1.2 Dragon

    5. #5
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      224
      Quote Originally Posted by sriharsha View Post
      (my dictionary reads both cars as hatchbacks, one with a little less steroids than the other
      Nah Ecosport is far from hatchback
      Like it or not "pure breed SUVs" are dying and Compact "SUVs" are here to stay. Certainly not hatchbacks on steroids..... Unless that logic refers to old school ladder on body frame SUVs as trucks
      Abroad, the Ecosport comes with 4x4 and much larger 225-235 tyres with a much higher suspension

      Ladder on Body frame UVs have a lot of issues

      Freestyle is a hatchback for sure though but there is a massive difference in quality, safety etc between Ecosport and Freestyle

    6. #6
      Paths of Righteousness
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      22
      I have driven the Ecosport and found it very exciting to drive, but after meeting two owners who had to get their TDCi engines replaced, I walked away. Both my uncles had owned 2008 diesel Fiestas. While one suffered from a smoky engine, the other was ****ed off by expensive repairs. The Fiesta was also terrific to drive. With petrol prices almost at par with diesel, go for a new petrol car!

    7. #7

      Addicted to Diesel Torque!
       
      Awesome
       
      revfriendly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      312
      Quote Originally Posted by fazy View Post
      Hi All,

      First of all, good day to all the people of this forum and happy to be part of this community.

      I am planning to buy my first car and confused between a Used Ford Ecosport (2015, TDCi, Titanium Plus, 60,000 Kms ) vs New FreeStyle (Petrol, Titanium).

      I went to the showroom in Chennai and looked at Freestyle but at the same price I've seen used Ecosport from Ford Assured.

      My hesitation is around buying used one compared to a relatively new freestyle, does Ecosport has something to offer eventhough its a used one ?

      Please give your thoughts.

      Thank you all.
      I bought a Freestyle Tit+ Petrol and have driven around 3000 kms till now. It is a great VFM product and fun to drive. Good drive ability in city and excellent handling on highways. Midrange is not very punchy rather sluggish/need to rev it up but the top-end is maniacal esp. the 1.2 dragon engine note! Mileage is around 14-16 kmpl with a/c. 190mm GC is a big plus..

      If your usage is very high, go for Freestyle Diesel which is a little monster or it is better to shy away from diesel due to BS 6 coming soon.
      It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

    8. #8

      Punter for life !
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      39
      My Vote: New car.

      But
      60000kms is a concern for that Ecosport, also prefer buying from a direct owner than any middle-monkeys. Check OLX and other listings online for even less used one.

      Prefer ES for: Lumbar support that's above segment(s), I drive for hours without breaks or fatigue, punchy TDCI is a bomb and mileage figures are decent too. Modifications are plenty for used cars so don't hesitate on used cars.

      Prefer FS for: being new can offer good warranties and "fresh" feel. Petrol engine isn't a problem untill you see running costs, boot space can fall short as its a still a hatch. Other params like GC,Interiors,ICE,etc should be similar to ES. Test-drive the TDCI engine in FS too.

    9. #9
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      224
      Quote Originally Posted by kima View Post
      I have driven the Ecosport and found it very exciting to drive, but after meeting two owners who had to get their TDCi engines replaced, I walked away. Both my uncles had owned 2008 diesel Fiestas. While one suffered from a smoky engine, the other was ****ed off by expensive repairs. The Fiesta was also terrific to drive. With petrol prices almost at par with diesel, go for a new petrol car!
      Those TDCIs were the old 1.4, notorious for issues
      The modern Fords are a collaboration with Mazda,Volvo etc thus very reliable

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Upize for FORD Freestyle
      By Ranjith in forum Alloys & Tyres
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 28th Sep 2018, 19:48
    2. Ford Ecosport AT Booked
      By Athi in forum EcoSport
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: 14th Aug 2018, 17:44
    3. Planning to buy Ford Freestyle
      By revfriendly in forum Ford
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 15th Jun 2018, 21:08
    4. Accessories to get from USA : Ford Ecosport
      By thunderbird_m6 in forum EcoSport
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 8th Mar 2015, 11:54
    5. Planning to buy FORD ECOSPORT!
      By Magic in forum SUV's & 4x4's
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 5th Aug 2013, 21:10

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •