• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Used Ford Ecosport or New Freestyle ?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Question Used Ford Ecosport or New Freestyle ?

Hi All,

First of all, good day to all the people of this forum and happy to be part of this community.

I am planning to buy my first car and confused between a Used Ford Ecosport (2015, TDCi, Titanium Plus, 60,000 Kms ) vs New FreeStyle (Petrol, Titanium).

I went to the showroom in Chennai and looked at Freestyle but at the same price I've seen used Ecosport from Ford Assured.

My hesitation is around buying used one compared to a relatively new freestyle, does Ecosport has something to offer eventhough its a used one ?

Please give your thoughts.

Thank you all.

Awesome

Would be good to know your expectations from the car.

What you're comparing here is a diesel to a petrol, a mini suv (so-called) to a wannabe cross-over. (my dictionary reads both cars as hatchbacks, one with a little less steroids than the other )

So define your requirements, in terms of usage, cost of ownership etc. which would then help in making suggestions

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      From the outset, the question of old vs new of same segment at same price can have only one answer - go for new.

Awesome

Pure engine talk- TDCI trumps over the 3 cylinder Dragon big time
      Take it from an Ecosport TDCI owner

Go for Freestyle TDCI instead unless you want petrol, in which case the Aspire Automatic has the 1.5 Dragon which is a huge difference in performance over the mediocre 1.2 Dragon

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sriharsha View Post
      (my dictionary reads both cars as hatchbacks, one with a little less steroids than the other
      Nah Ecosport is far from hatchback
      Like it or not "pure breed SUVs" are dying and Compact "SUVs" are here to stay. Certainly not hatchbacks on steroids..... Unless that logic refers to old school ladder on body frame SUVs as trucks
      Abroad, the Ecosport comes with 4x4 and much larger 225-235 tyres with a much higher suspension

Ladder on Body frame UVs have a lot of issues

Freestyle is a hatchback for sure though but there is a massive difference in quality, safety etc between Ecosport and Freestyle

Paths of Righteousness

Awesome

I have driven the Ecosport and found it very exciting to drive, but after meeting two owners who had to get their TDCi engines replaced, I walked away. Both my uncles had owned 2008 diesel Fiestas. While one suffered from a smoky engine, the other was ****ed off by expensive repairs. The Fiesta was also terrific to drive. With petrol prices almost at par with diesel, go for a new petrol car!

Addicted to Diesel Torque!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fazy View Post
      Hi All,

First of all, good day to all the people of this forum and happy to be part of this community.

I am planning to buy my first car and confused between a Used Ford Ecosport (2015, TDCi, Titanium Plus, 60,000 Kms ) vs New FreeStyle (Petrol, Titanium).

I went to the showroom in Chennai and looked at Freestyle but at the same price I've seen used Ecosport from Ford Assured.

My hesitation is around buying used one compared to a relatively new freestyle, does Ecosport has something to offer eventhough its a used one ?

Please give your thoughts.

Thank you all.
      I bought a Freestyle Tit+ Petrol and have driven around 3000 kms till now. It is a great VFM product and fun to drive. Good drive ability in city and excellent handling on highways. Midrange is not very punchy rather sluggish/need to rev it up but the top-end is maniacal esp. the 1.2 dragon engine note! Mileage is around 14-16 kmpl with a/c. 190mm GC is a big plus..

If your usage is very high, go for Freestyle Diesel which is a little monster or it is better to shy away from diesel due to BS 6 coming soon.
      It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Punter for life !

Awesome

My Vote: New car.

But
      60000kms is a concern for that Ecosport, also prefer buying from a direct owner than any middle-monkeys. Check OLX and other listings online for even less used one.

Prefer ES for: Lumbar support that's above segment(s), I drive for hours without breaks or fatigue, punchy TDCI is a bomb and mileage figures are decent too. Modifications are plenty for used cars so don't hesitate on used cars.

Prefer FS for: being new can offer good warranties and "fresh" feel. Petrol engine isn't a problem untill you see running costs, boot space can fall short as its a still a hatch. Other params like GC,Interiors,ICE,etc should be similar to ES. Test-drive the TDCI engine in FS too.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kima View Post
      I have driven the Ecosport and found it very exciting to drive, but after meeting two owners who had to get their TDCi engines replaced, I walked away. Both my uncles had owned 2008 diesel Fiestas. While one suffered from a smoky engine, the other was ****ed off by expensive repairs. The Fiesta was also terrific to drive. With petrol prices almost at par with diesel, go for a new petrol car!
      Those TDCIs were the old 1.4, notorious for issues
      The modern Fords are a collaboration with Mazda,Volvo etc thus very reliable

Thread Information