• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Resurrection Ride? Time will answer. A weekend ride from Bangalore.

Torque is like God. You need
      to feel it

Awesome

Resurrection Ride? Time will answer. A weekend ride from Bangalore.

Off from riding scene for quite sometime after selling my TBTS in Dec 2015. Made a point to buy a bike (commuter +Tourer) and bought FZ25 and named him täos (peacock in Ancient Greek).

After acquiring him, he has been my regular ride to office. 60 kms both ways everyday. To be frank, I wasn't confident about biking again. Was out of control as soon as I crossed 55 60 kmph. Took him out for a couple of rides ( not long though) .

Persisted with him and I started gaining confidence. FF to Dec 2017, rode to Salem for a halfday and felt low on confidence. Better than earlier but not completely confident. But the discomfort weaned out and the rapport has been built. Now that's done, felt the itch to do a Binge riding. Suddenly all one day two day plans which were done earlier popped up. "Should I go east, west or south" was the question kept popping in my mind and as universe conspired the weekend dawned upon me as a great time to ride out.

Decided as "South" for that question earlier. Now that the direction is picked, had to set a destination for the day and fixed as Thiruchendur. Reason: Do we really need a reason?

This direction and destination was chosen the previous night and decided to start at 3 AM. Went to bed at 10, but kid like excitement did not let me sleep for a long time and am sure I must have slept post 11 PM. Got up before alarm rang at 2.25 AM got ready and one last minute decision caused delay. Missed to lube the chain the previous night and could not locate the bungee chord early in the morning. Found an old one. Both these circuses ate 30 mts of precious morning hours and started by 330 AM from home (E city, Bangalore). Rode slowly till Attibele toll gate and wanted to withdraw money and found all ATMs closed. Finally reached Hosur at 4AM withdrew some cash and continued. It was awfully cold and trundling at 70 KMPH was kind of freezing. I tolerated till Dharmapuri but needed a tea break to make myself little warmer. Located a tea stall. Temperature was 16 degrees and I touched the engine for immediate warmth but it did not help. Gulped a so called hot tea and a small pack of Biscuits in no time as tea went cold instant.

From there on with cold for company reached Thoppur ghat just to be greeted with a serpentine line from the beginning of ghat from Dharmapuri side till almost at the other end. A Jabbar bus had been rear ended by couple of lorries. Seems like a case of narrow manoeuvring by bus. Lorry's front left had been badly damaged hoped (read prayed) the cleaner was safe and moved on leaving powerfull cars behind including a Range Rover. Continued till Karur for break fast. Had problem with my rear tire and checked for the pressure and surprised to see that at 15. Refilled air, fuel and myself by 815 AM at Karur Annai's and left.

Went past Dindukkal and reaches Madurai out skirts at around
      10AM. Took a re-energising break with a chocolate and proceeded towards Thirumangalam to take Aruppukkottai, Ettayapuram road to Thoothukkudi.

Upon reaching Aruppukkottai, had similar tyre nagging issue. Stopped to check at a tyre shop just to discover a culprit who was letting air out albeit rather slowly.

While the culprit being nailed away..

Sorted with that left Aruppukkottai towards Thiruchendur non stop. Reached T'chendur by 1PM. Deposited riding gears at cloak room and having completed with Darshan collected all my belongings and stepped out to have lunch by 2.30 PM.

Some from the temple.

Having done with the plan for the day, it was time to relook at the destination. Decided to head to Rameshwaram and moved. Filled fuel on the way and proceeded with umpteen breaks as I had enough day light ahead to reach R'waram.

Some snaps en-route Rameshwaram

Found a hesitant hotel (being a solo traveller) and crashed for the night to start early morning for Darshan at 4AM. To be continued.

End of Day one with 843 kms.

Seems surely resurrecting.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Nice TL so far. Reaching Madurai by 10 AM starting early sounds like a good idea to avoid the crazy jams nowadays spilling onto the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankar_KV View Post
      FZ25
      How did the bike perform?
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

to feel it

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post

How did the bike perform?
      Dream... It keeps the back straight and doesn't allow slouching unless you want to.

Just that sprocket has some issues. Need to get it checked.

to feel it

Awesome

*Caution: All pics, almost all are bike pics.*

After refreshing had dinner nearby the temple and crahsed for the night with plans to start early morning to the temple. Wanted to reach temple by 4.30 AM to avoid (?!) crowd. Again got up before alarm, got ready and left to temple only to be greeted by a LONG que. Irony is that devotees have to pay Rs.50 as entry fee. Did that and competed my darshan and came back to room by 5.30. Gotten into riding attire and left to Dhanushkodi by 5.50. Expected Sunrise time was around 6.30 and proceeded slowly as roads had lot of dwellers cows, dogs and HIGH citizens. Crossed Kodhandaramar temple, Dhanushkodi, that old dilapidated church and reached Arichal Munai, last point which can be accessed. From Dhanushkodi to Arichal munai new road has been laid and the route was windy. Sea for company on both sides, it was bliss. Can't get enough of it and the Sunrise was a beauty. Guard a D'Kodi gate was hesitant to open as the sea was rough and people may venture into sea. Asked him if I looked like one who would venture into sea without a set of clothes to change, convinced him to open and he opened for all that saying no one should enter see to bathe. As you know all obedient fellas agreed() and went in. Took enough pics and came back to room post breakfast.

Some pics from Dhanushkodi.

Left at 8.20 to Bangalore. From there on Road runner ride to Bangalore. Lunch break at Aravakkuruchi by 1 PM, a tender coconut break at 315 near Salem Toll and with a small bio break post Shoolagiri reached home by 530 PM.

Completed the ride with 1488 kms and reached home in 1 piece.

Road conditions: Bangalore - Thoothukudi was 4 laned. Except for construction work around Madurai bye pass.

Thoothukudi Thiruchendur two laned, pot holed roads. Not a worse road but one needs to watch out for Ominous pot holes. Especially on 2 wheels.

Thiruchendur Rameswaram was 2 laned smooth tarmac with occasional speed breakers.

Rameshwaram Madurai: Till Ramanathapuram 2 laned roads infested with traffic and Potholes.

Ramanathapuram onwards 4 laning work is going on and byepasses are under construction at Parmakudi, Manamadurai and Thirubuvanam . Need to venture into the towns.

Madurai Bangalore is Breeze.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Ramanathapuram onwards 4 laning work is going on and byepasses are under construction at Parmakudi, Manamadurai and Thirubuvanam
      When I drove on this road, it was a single road, of the quality similar to ECR and I had loved my drive. Never felt that the road was crowded or needed 4 lane road. It was like a beautiful stretch with trees on both sides of the roads and clean - well maintained.

to feel it

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      When I drove on this road, it was a single road, of the quality similar to ECR and I had loved my drive. Never felt that the road was crowded or needed 4 lane road. It was like a beautiful stretch with trees on both sides of the roads and clean - well maintained.
      Must have been long ago?

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Must have been long ago?
      More than 4 years. But the stretch was a highlight. I really liked how beautiful this part of the road was. Knowing they are turning it 4 lane makes me feel that all the natural beauty and trees would be gone now.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Resurrection Ride? Time will answer. A weekend ride from Bangalore.
      Completed the ride with 1488 kms and reached home in 1 piece.
      Awesome ride and pics.

on an average 700+ KMs per day on bike tells me that you have some amazing stamina to ride. how was your back after those 2 riding days ?, did they need any resurrection ?

to feel it

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Awesome ride and pics.

on an average 700+ KMs per day on bike tells me that you have some amazing stamina to ride. how was your back after those 2 riding days ?, did they need any resurrection ?
      First day 800kms second day 600 kms. Was struggling to ride a year ago. But now, kind of settled into riding long.

Back did not need resurrection.

Thread Information