• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Car to Buy MPV / Sedan / SUV

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by s13 View Post
      I was talking about back seat of Ecosport. I am 5'11'', I did not find it very comfortable. If you compare it with TUV (another sub 4m), you will find TUV is much better in offering space.

Catastrophic effect - dark and suffocating.

My cousin owns Creta and it has high window line at back seat. My both grandmothers (nani and dadi) are 4'11'' and they could not see anything outside when on back seat. They both hate being on Creta's back seat. Even I don't like it's elevated window line.
      Im talking back seat only, Im 6'3" and I dont feel its less on legroom, the underthigh is excellent and makes up for it along with the higher seating position. My family is full of tall people, shortest being 5'11", rest all are 6ft and above. In fact the centre can seat an average height person very easily due to its design too (slightly cramped with 5 with good build but not bad)

I agree about Creta though, its window line is high and seating is a bit lowish.

TUV is terrible, it felt very crude and reminded me of Sumo to be honest even if it has more space, passengers wont like the unrefined 3 cylinder engine and the bouncy ride quality

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      Was also waiting launch of harrier, even though it's not 7/6 seater but has wide rear bench. But I was disappointed with them providing isofix only on top variant. It's like saying we don't want family users to buy harrier or they are assuming that most Indian families are either ignorant or don't care about their child's safety.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      Imho the most overrated car
      lower variants dont get anything at all

Id rather buy Creta ,Compass or even XUV
      Saving grace for harrier would have been 180bhp tune . Still the Tucson and Crysta are only a few lakhs away for that too
      Like Compass and Tiguan, we once again have a car that doesnt fit in the either segment due to pricing

And ISOFIX is very much needed, its an international spec for safety. Ignoring it shows a gross lack of judgement by Tata

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      I dont feel its less on legroom
      May be Ive beein spoiled with XUVs middle row seat.

TUV is terrible, it felt very crude and reminded me of Sumo to be honest
      I did not mention TUV here for its refinement. It was space comparision. Though your comparision are Spot on!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by s13 View Post
      May be Ive beein spoiled with XUVs middle row seat.
      XUV is a very different story
      Its like 1.5 segments above
      Still XUV is also a bit bouncy at the back despite being a monocoque but acceptable

Maybe Im just too used to cars with stiff suspension - Ecosport, Tucson, City etc
      But yeah with my height, underthigh and seat height are very important factors
      Given my height, people assume legroom is an issue for me, its very much an issue but if the other 2- underthigh and seat height are fulfilled, no issues
      Im very prone to neck pain too, so Ecosport was a boon after my City which was a fantastic car and I would have kept it if not for previously undetected leakage issues and rust

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

The waiting time is 18-20 weeks which is a big letdown.
      Latest update. The car is expected to deliver max by 15th April as per last talk with SA. That makes actual waiting period to be around 12 weeks which is decent. Now, its time to keep fingers crossed that its delivered that timeline.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

OT

TUV is terrible, it felt very crude and reminded me of Sumo to be honest even if it has more space, passengers wont like the unrefined 3 cylinder engine and the bouncy ride quality
      I felt it to be the same - but I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful this car is. Drove it for 400km over a period of 5 days from Patna to Chhapra to Ballia and then back to Patna. Horrible roads - but the car was surprisingly quiet for its 3-pot engine. It also had the 80kmph speed limiter from Zoomcar but on those roads, I was never in position to cross that speed anyway. Even within that - I loved its torque delivery and quick pushes for tight overtakes on village roads. TUV300 just earned a fan. Fantastic car.

PS: Had booked a Creta. Zoomcar cancelled it one day before and gave me TUV - it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Latest update. The car is expected to deliver max by 15th April as per last talk with SA. That makes actual waiting period to be around 12 weeks which is decent. Now, its time to keep fingers crossed that its delivered that timeline.
      Good News! Getting the delivery by end of March or by first week of April
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information