• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: Air Filters for Home : Which one good ?

    1. #1
      No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      4,995

      Air Filters for Home : Which one good ?

      Hello,

      Off late dust and pollution has been increasing in Bengaluru, i also see that many companies in delhi have put in air purifiers in their office. i have seen similar trend in couple of companies in and around outer ring road. i also see many advertisements on air purifiers for home as well as wearable air filters.

      i was thinking of buying a Air Purifier for our living room. has any one bought them recently, any suggestions on which product to buy ?, what to look for while selecting an air purifier ?

      thanks in advance for your suggestions and inputs.

    2. #2

      Hello friends
       
      Awesome
       
      Dr.lakshay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Ghaziabad
      Posts
      312
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Hello,

      Off late dust and pollution has been increasing in Bengaluru, i also see that many companies in delhi have put in air purifiers in their office. i have seen similar trend in couple of companies in and around outer ring road. i also see many advertisements on air purifiers for home as well as wearable air filters.

      i was thinking of buying a Air Purifier for our living room. has any one bought them recently, any suggestions on which product to buy ?, what to look for while selecting an air purifier ?

      thanks in advance for your suggestions and inputs.
      I am using xiaomi air purifier. So satisfied with it that bought another one recently. For the price it offers the highest clean air delivery rate and functionalities like wife. The only cons in it is that it's kinda noisy if used at highest mode. But not so if used in auto mode.

      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

    3. #3

      Life's Boring !!!
       
      Awesome
       
      back2u4u's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Posts
      1,624
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      thanks in advance for your suggestions and inputs.
      This is what I have bought and this review is by me. Though I have packed it now. Be aware of the fact that the filters are not HEPA. Probably my next air purifier would be Honeywell as some of my friends are using it and have given very good reviews.

      https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-re...SIN=B07HL8548K

    4. #4

      Hello friends
       
      Awesome
       
      Dr.lakshay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Ghaziabad
      Posts
      312
      Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      Be aware of the fact that the filters are not HEPA.
      I might have to cross check this fact but as to my knowledge it is true hepa filter.

      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

    5. #5

      Life's Boring !!!
       
      Awesome
       
      back2u4u's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Posts
      1,624
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      I might have to cross check this fact but as to my knowledge it is true hepa filter.
      Mi Air Purifier Filter - Air Purifier - Mi India

      It is EPA

    6. #6

      .
       
      Awesome
       
      speed79's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,154
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Hello,

      Off late dust and pollution has been increasing in Bengaluru, i also see that many companies in delhi have put in air purifiers in their office. i have seen similar trend in couple of companies in and around outer ring road. i also see many advertisements on air purifiers for home as well as wearable air filters.

      i was thinking of buying a Air Purifier for our living room. has any one bought them recently, any suggestions on which product to buy ?, what to look for while selecting an air purifier ?

      thanks in advance for your suggestions and inputs.
      This Diwali I had bought Honeywell airtouch a5 air purifier. It uses HEPA filter, a charcoal filter. But the purifier seems like a scam to me. Within minutes of turning it on, it starts indicating good quality air. We switch it on for full night in the bedroom.

    7. #7

      Life's Boring !!!
       
      Awesome
       
      back2u4u's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Posts
      1,624
      I am surprised to know that you would require a purifier in Bangalore or for that matter southern states of India.

    8. #8

      .
       
      Awesome
       
      speed79's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,154
      Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      I am surprised to know that you would require a purifier in Bangalore or for that matter southern states of India.
      Why do you think so. I guess Bangalore is not too far behind in pollution. It is not the city that it used to be 15 years ago.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Oil, Fuel & Air Filters From Arrowhead Filters
      By ArrowheadFilters in forum Parts And Accessories
      Replies: 656
      Last Post: 29th Aug 2016, 18:04
    2. Replacement Air Filters
      By RAHUL S in forum Engines & Transmissions
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 28th Feb 2013, 12:27
    3. Replies: 17
      Last Post: 24th Nov 2012, 15:14
    4. Hello From Arrowhead Filters
      By ArrowheadFilters in forum Introduce Yourself
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 25th Sep 2011, 23:33
    5. Good to be "home"
      By nobrakes in forum Introduce Yourself
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 29th Dec 2009, 14:24

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •