• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Mystique - The New Ertiga 2018 VXI - Ownership, Mods, ICE etc.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Mystique - The New Ertiga 2018 VXI - Ownership, Mods, ICE etc.

Name:  prime-oxford-blue.png
Views: 72
Size:  192.5 KB

Hi Everyone,

Most of you are aware that I am awaiting delivery of Ertiga VXI Petrol Manual. The decision was taken after long deliberations, SWOT Analysis, Board Meetings, Under the Table Incentives etc. at this thread What Car to Buy MPV / Sedan / SUV . So not going to go into buying decision in details but a short summary Vs Competition is given below

Merrazo

Pros:

• Big Car Look
      • Heavy Car
      • 3 can sit in the rear
      • Nice Pickup and driving, little edge over Ertiga Petrol but I am chauffeur driven nowadays
      • Good Suspension & Ride comfort (but only slightly). The leather seats are hard and not comfortable though

Cons:

• Expensive 3-4 lacs pricier than Ertiga
      • Only Diesel Available which is a big NO NO in NCR with 10 year limit
      • Difficult Ingress & Egress (Women, Children & Elderly will have trouble without step)
      • Too many cutting edge stuff by Mahindra which scares me like Monocoque + Body on Frame, Transverse Engine and Tight fitting engine bay
      • Rear Seats don't recline (reclining third row seats in Ertiga makes a lot of difference, but possible only if you are not carrying too much luggage)
      • Smaller Boot Space than Ertiga
      • More side to side movement (boat feeling)
      • More SUVish to drive vs Ertiga

BRV

Would have been my first choice but dated interiors, old model and higher pricing dissuaded me to consider. The biggest damper was the middle row seats which are very slim and not at all comfortable.

Lodgy

Did not consider due to dated looks and worst resale value

Innova

Did not consider as overpriced and 10 year diesel rule

Ertiga

Pros

• Easy to Drive
      • Good Ride Quality
      • Space
      • Reclining Third Row
      • Third Row Comfort - Less Knee up as compared to Marrazo + Reclining Option
      • Good Pickup (I think SHVS has something to do with that)
      • Easy Ingress & Egress
      • Only realistic Petrol option as compared to competition (Except BRV)
      • Good Mileage
      • Good Resale Value
      • Flat Folding Third Row

Cons

• Interior
      • Interior
      • Interior
      • Lighter Build Quality
      • Bad ICE Head Unit + Speakers
      • Old Looking AC Blower for Second Row

I opted for VXI as Touch Unit was available only on ZXI+ and the pricing differential was not justifying the added features. Plus I will go for ICE, Alloys and Interior Upgrade myself, for which I will need help of all the friends here.

Planned Upgrades / Accessories

Safety:
      ISOFIX Child Seat

Exterior:
      Door Visors
      Side Mouldings
      Roof Spoiler
      Rear Camera
      Fog Lamps - Need Suggestions

Tyres:
      Alloys - preferably factory size

Interior:
      Full Interior Customisation including
      Seat Covers
      Door Panels Inserts
      Door Handrest Covering
      Dashboard Look Customisation

ICE:
      Change HU / Passive Setup with Tablet. Considering latter as will be on second row most of he time and if I can control ICE from second row it will be a boon.
      Components (Tentative Audible Physics Avatar)
      Sub (Looking for a used sub)
      Amp 4 channel - again thinking about picking a used amp

I need help regarding all the above stuff and If there are any trusted sources for the same preferable in Noida or Delhi/NCR. I can't find any good ISOFIX seat options online, so any dealer source for the same will be really helpful.

Also, I am ICE newbie, was using factory fitted ICE in Amaze but the ICE in Ertiga is pathetic so have decided to upgrade that.

Also, help me deciding what color interior would suit the "SEA of Beige" Ertiga.

If I forgot something, feel free to add to the list.

Thx for the help
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

Congrats . Looking forward to your mods.

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      I can't find any good ISOFIX seat options online,
      I do not quite understand your requirement. Are you looking for a car seat that comes with ISOFIX? Or do you want to install the ISOFIX system to your car?

Eitherways, ISOFIX is overrated. Fitting the car seat using the Seat Belt is as safe as using ISOFIX.Just make sure you install the seats correctly. ISOFIX makes the job easier. I would rather choose a car seat which has good safety rating vs having ISOFIX. Even if you have ISOFIX, you would still need to use the seat belts to secure the child seat.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      Are you looking for a car seat that comes with ISOFIX? Or do you want to install the ISOFIX system to your car?
      Need car seat with ISOFIX

IDK about ISOFIX vx Belt Seat but since the car has ISOFIX why not go for that only.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

For interiors you can checkout Dazzle @ Kirti Nagar or AutoCraft @ Moti Nagar or Autofoam @ Indirapuram.

AutoCraft & Dazzle will do complete interiors including doorcards, dashboards, seat covers etc

Pio
      80PRS | 7" Tablet | DigiOne Signature| AP Brahma6W | AP New NZ3 | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12

Brio SMT

Secret

Congrats. When are you expecting your car ? Have you sold your Honda Amaze ?

I prefer beige but most people prefer black so it depends on personal preference. Black definitely has the advantage as it does not looks dirty over the years. Beige will require maintenance or dry cleaning from car detailers

Autocraft are too expensive. For my car, Honda Brio. I got a quote for 10K for seat covers, not sure if it is fixed pricing or it starts from 10K. 2K for stitched steering wheel cover. Not sure if it is really worth it ? Anyways it depends on your budget and will have to go in person and check with different shops about quality, material used and what is the differences between them.

I have read good things about Motor Concept as well. For ICE, damping. It is worth to check them out as well. Obviously there are countless shops in Karol bagh and Kashmere gate car market. It is probably difficult to know if they sell genuine stuff but if you can find a decent reliable shop. If that even exist there ? You cam probably get great value for money there. Not so long ago 3D or 5D mats were for 2-3K. In this video the so called 7D mats? for Scorpio is 2.8K

Last edited by KimiRaikkonen; 7th Apr 2019 at 12:50.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Congrats. When are you expecting your car ?
      Was expecting this week, but SA says got delayed and will get by around 15th after promising delivery by 31st March. A little disappointed by their attitude of not proactively informing me, do not mind the wait though

Have you sold your Honda Amaze ?
      No, Not yet. I may lend it to my relative for some time but still not decided.

I prefer beige but most people prefer black so it depends on personal preference. Black definitely has the advantage as it does not looks dirty over the years. Beige will require maintenance or dry cleaning from car detailers
      I also prefer beige but Ertiga is a sea of beige, its all beige everywhere, I am thinking of black or tan

I saw AutoForm seat covers on NIRDESH_KUMAR new Nexon and really liked the quality, fit and finish, the stuff was not like normal art leather, it was non slippery. Would have gone for the same if they did full customisation.

Ill check out Motor Concepts. and thx KimiRaikkonen for the effort
      Some of my Threads:

Thread Information