• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide To Select Essential Home Garage Tools - A Must For All DIY's

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      A noob question, are plug spanners needed to remove spark plugs in 4 wheelers as well?
      Only use plug spanners for the job.

Fantastic and thorough thread Aargee. Your efforts are well appreciated.
      Never knew what an allen key was until you mentioned. Now I know why they are in my tool room (bedroom+tools and auto parts scattered around)
      Welding, I'm not talking commercial, but for personal use, for freaks like me.

Some more points:
      Bottle jacks
      Jack stands
      Line/flare spanners
      Feeler gauges.
      Battery operated air pumps
      Fevirite/Araldite.........
      Last edited by agn; 30th Mar 2011 at 20:54.

Awesome

Locking pliers, Mole grips (Mole wrench) or Vise-Grips are pliers that can be locked into position, using an over-center action. One side of the handle includes a bolt that is used to adjust the spacing of the jaws, the other side of the handle (especially in larger models) often includes a lever to push the two sides of the handles apart to unlock the pliers. "Mole" and "Vise-Grip" are trade names of different brands of locking pliers.......Locking pliers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best for removing those stubborn and stuck brake lines, nuts and bolts with edges stripped off

Teflon tapes used for leakproofing pipes and taps as well as brake lines and LPG plumbing.
      http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/upl...lonTape450.jpg
      Last edited by agn; 31st Mar 2011 at 06:58.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AGN View Post
      Fantastic and thorough thread Aargee . Your efforts are well appreciated.
      Thanks AGN; it is the true appreciation that keeps me motivated to write

Welding, I'm not talking commercial, but for personal use, for freaks like me.
      But tell me would you weld everyday? For the amount of cost involved & the cost of getting your work welded at welding shop, it will takes generations for even a break even. Anyway, here're some of them.
      Arc Welding Machine

Mig Welding Machine

Teflon tapes used for leakproofing pipes and taps as well as brake lines and LPG plumbing
      Right & when the same pipes starts leaking, use M-Seal.

All pics courtesy : Google Images
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

<invisible>

Awesome

Hi RG, nice thread and great effort to keep it simple and informative. Snaps are really helping.
      (You pls can think of adding hot glue-stick gun and also hot air blower gun here. Used during many DIYs already posted in the forum. Not sure dremel kind of rotory tools qualify here, or you might already be compiling on them.)

very aware that he can set his
      status here..

Awesome

You just made my life a whole lot easier with this one argee know the tools never knew its names

Awesome

Keep checking this thread avinrichards, I'll have some more added in the forth coming week.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Secret

Aargee you rock.. you can now be called the official TOOL-MASTER of Gearheads..

can you please also include some care taking of tools as most of the people just use them and throw them in a box,

Like I use a brass-bristle brush on my files when I have finished using them, keeps the dust out.. Wipe down all my screw drivers, wipe the handles with a mild soap solution just in case I am working with grease, for not to have slippage when using some other time..Wiping tips of soldering iron with a wet cellulose sponge so that the acid from flux doesn't attack the bit.. Some tips I can think of, but hugely it has become mechanical for me to carry out maintenance of my tools..after all every tool is a important part of my toolkit..
      TURBO...
      Owner : Dream Audio
      Will be Back with a Bang..

Awesome

Insulation Tape - One of the most ignored item in automobiles & few people think these are appliable only for household electricals.

Grease - This is one of the most indispensible item when it comes to DIY or maintenance. Generally there're 2 types of grease available; black and white lithium grease. There's no world of difference between them. The white is general automotive purpose & doesn't stain clothing while the black one is for heavy duty usage. Generally a white is more than sufficient for home garage or even common house hold purpose. Use grease only on the substances when there is rise in temperature due to mechanical movement due to metal/metal contact.

Wire Stripper - Personally I like to do a quality job using professional tools. Though a knife or razor (hate to see teeth being used) is used to strip off the wire insulator. A wire stripper proves as a very handy tool whether you need to strip off the insulator or cut the wire as such.

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

I am not able to thank all the posts right now Aargee .. Wonderful thread. I am sure it will become a tools repository soon..

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Mechanic's Stethescope

A mechanic's stethoscope works the same way as a doctor's stethoscope. It's designed to pinpoint problems in the engine when you cannot visually pinpoint the location of a noise. These stethoscopes are used by professionals and hobbyists for common problems, such as locating engine knocks, air leaks and bad bearings. If you like to work on cars, a stethoscope may save you time finding the location of a problem.

Read more: How to Use a Mechanic's Stethoscope | eHow.com How to Use a Mechanics Stethoscope | eHow.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mechanic's Stethescope.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	38439

Ps. Picture from a cell phone. Lazy to drag the SLR out. And tagging Aargee and optimus_prime, from the discussion on identifying sounds on the rattling skoda thread.

On amazon - Amazon.com: Lisle 52500 Mechanics Stethoscope: Automotive
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information