• Page 420 of 420 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420
    Results 4,191 to 4,199 of 4199

Thread: Car detailing doubts

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S_gtm View Post
      Guys can anyone differentiate between polish, paintwork cleanser and pre-wax cleaner. AFAIK they only differ on their abrasive level.
      I dont know why you need to worry about all this. The companies have created a market that did not exist just a few years ago. Do you show your car at exhibitions?
      I wonder how drivers have managed for a hundred years with much more inferior materials than today.
      These products are expensive stuff. To remove wax you can use a silicon and wax remover. This is very cheap and used by paint shops to remove wax and oil before spray painting. I bought a liter for about 3 dollars.
      Deep cleansing of car paint? What for? What will come next? Massage machine? Aloe Vera massage cream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Guys can anyone differentiate between polish, paintwork cleanser and pre-wax cleaner. AFAIK they only differ on their abrasive level.
      Polish generally is an abrasive product to remove fine swirls and for final finishing
      paintwork cleanser or prewax cleansers are generally to clean the paintwork using chemical processes

You would use polish for finer corrections as well as paint cleaning. You can use paint cleaners only for removing existing LSP if any and / or polishing oils left behind after polish.One example of paint cleaner we use is Iso Propyl alcohol. Paint cleaners are useful when we need to only remove last LSP before applying something else and don't need to go through the whole polishing step, so in that way its faster as compared to polishing.

As a DIYer, do we need paint cleansers? I don't think so, there was a study on detailing world where wax was applied after using cleansers and without using cleansers and there was no perceptible difference in durability.

Also, as Indian mentioned bodyshops use silicone and wax remover which would be as effective, but i could not locate one at my nearby paint shop.

Also guys as mentioned by kmoh , no wax will last 4-5 washes even if it is a superior one. Then what will be the effect of hair shampoo(I know they will never be as good as dedicated products). They are safe on hair so they might not do much harm and I only use Dove brand shampoo since it is the softest on hands and also Dove soaps are known for their waxy nature on body. I guess it is not too bad as a temporary solution since I rarely wash my car (waterless wash comes to the rescue). coolash , you being a nice DIYer and researcher in
      For me waxes have lasted daily rinse less washes for around a month, don't use waxes for protection, they are for looks for protection use sealants. I never wash my car using traditional shampoo now, rinse less wash is good enough nowadays. Also, hair shampoo may or may not harm paint, but why use it when you can get cheap and good car shampoos which will not have additives like moisturising cream or vitamin E.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

In love with VW Polo.

Awesome

Guys ChrisFix just dropped another useful video. How to clean engine bay. Its worth a watch and clears all our doubts on cleaning the heart of our rides.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

clears all our doubts on cleaning the heart of our rides.
      I wash the engine bay about once a year. I just spray degreaser on a dirty engine, wait 30 minutes and wash off with a power washer. I take care not to spray the water into the alternator. I dont blow dry, I just take the car for a drive.

2017 KIA Sorento GT Line, 2011
      Ford Fiesta 1.6

Awesome

kmoh

I have moved to Australia since 2014 and have carried on my OCD for detailing, thanks to you.

Looking at Cquartz coating for my white car. Which one do you think i should use, UK or the TiO2 one(normal one)? Or Will you suggest Gyeon instead?
      Any polish you recommend before that (don't have a DA so prefer one which can be easily applied by hand).

In love with VW Polo.

Awesome

PROKLEAR
      Dear Sir, now that we are talking about a degreaser or rather say an all purpose cleaner, please upload a video of the APCC in action since there are no reviews of it on GH or shopping websites. Please use something really greasy for demonstration so that we can observe its power and performance.
      Since it is mentioned on its label that it can be used on car exterior, is it meant to strip away the current layer of wax?
      Is the foaming sprayer available in store now? If it is, then please demonstrate its performance also in the video.

Thank You

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161007_082725.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	226989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161007_082750.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	226990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161007_091326.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	226991
      Need help friends!!!
      how to prevent of this rust to further damage to body? will iron X work on this? 'm newbie and need expert advice.

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by piyush79 View Post
      Need help friends!!!
      how to prevent of this rust to further damage to body? will iron X work on this? 'm newbie and need expert advice.
      The only way to prevent further rusting on something like this is to get it repaired ASAP. You'll have to change the panels probably.

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

Hello piyush79

Check out Krud Kutter The Must For Rust, it is available in Amazon and Ebay. I used it recently to repair some rust on my car's wheel well and underbody skirt. Though it was minor, the product did wonders.

First you have to perfectly clean the rusted area. Use brush, wire scrub, sand paper to remove loose rust and paint above it. Then spray above said rust remover on the rust and let it soak. Keep spraying and don't let it dry. It takes 30 mins for minor rust and hours for major rust.

Once the rust is gone, use brush to clean the surface and rinse it with plenty of water. The rust remover leaves white powder after drying. Use brush or rough cloth to clean it.

Next, you can either use primer to stop rusting again or rust converter incase there is still some rust. I have also tried Tuf-kote Converust RC800 and it is good too. Apply it on the rust area and let it work for 24 hours, then you can apply primer, paint or etc.

I hope these products will help you.

P.S. FYI, Iron X is used to clean wheels, not for rust repair.

Thanks...
      Best Regards
      Last edited by CRACING; 18th Jul 2017 at 14:49.
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

Thread Information