• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 431 of 432 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432 LastLast
    Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4316

Thread: Car detailing doubts

Brio SMT

Secret

My car is silver color and just recently I noticed that couple of maroon color cars have better reflection so I am little jealous lol.

AWOL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Does anyone know if silver or light color reflect less. Black is probably one of the most difficult to maintain but I have seen detailed black cars on youtube looking amazing and probably reflecting more?
      every colour has its quirks, light cars can be made to look fantastic as well.

case in point, a white car

Fiat Palio 1.6 S10
      Yamaha RX165 5-Speed | Yamaha RXZ | Yamaha RD350 | HH Karizma | Honda NSR150SP

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

My daily drive car, i switched from regular wash alternative weeks(car washing place) to ultima waterless wash weekly twice. I am following the procedure like using three MF cloth which is of 440GSM and good wiping techniques. but somehow have a feel like, i am damaging my paint more, recently found lot of swirls marks visible. By switching to Water-less wash are we doing more damage to paint.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by racing_2012 View Post
      By switching to Water-less wash are we doing more damage to paint.
      are you doing waterless or rinseless. I find rinse less better than waterless. The time takes is similar for daily wash but rinse less is way better.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Awesome

yes i am doing ultima waterless wash, spray adequate amount on panel and wipe before it dries.

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

Me too, rinseless wash is what I find safer. Put 2 or more microfiber cloths in a bucket filled with ~5ltr of clean water. Spray Proklear RAW on a panel. Take one MF from the bucket, fold it and wipe the panel. Continue spraying raw and wiping the panel while flipping the MF. Once all the sides of MF are dirty, keep it aside and use new one from the bucket. Meanwhile buffing with dry MF is required for wax contained products (i.e RAW CX).
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

Brio SMT

Secret

My daily drive car, i switched from regular wash alternative weeks(car washing place) to ultima waterless wash weekly twice. I am following the procedure like using three MF cloth which is of 440GSM and good wiping techniques. but somehow have a feel like, i am damaging my paint more, recently found lot of swirls marks visible. By switching to Water-less wash are we doing more damage to paint.
      Do you have a duster ? washing twice a week is a lot. I used to dust the car with MF towel and that surely causes minor scratches, swirls. Few months ago I saw a video where the best way to clean the car is to not even touch. But he used pressure wash to rinse the car and then foam and then rinse again and only then use HQ MF towel to dry it off and a powerful blower of vacuum cleaner was also used

Awesome

Do you have a duster ? washing twice a week is a lot.
      Yes i was using duster, but now stopped. it is doing more damage to paint in long run, and doing waterless wash twice a week should be fine, if we have time and energy we can do daily.

Quote Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
      Me too, rinseless wash is what I find safer. Put 2 or more microfiber cloths in a bucket filled with ~5ltr of clean water. Spray Proklear RAW on a panel. Take one MF from the bucket, fold it and wipe the panel. Continue spraying raw and wiping the panel while flipping the MF. Once all the sides of MF are dirty, keep it aside and use new one from the bucket. Meanwhile buffing with dry MF is required for wax contained products (i.e RAW CX).
      Let me try rinseless wash, but i do not see big difference between these two wash methods.

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

Few months ago I saw a video where the best way to clean the car is to not even touch. But he used pressure wash to rinse the car and then foam and then rinse again and only then use HQ MF towel to dry it off and a powerful blower of vacuum cleaner was also used
      Its a prewash or snowfoam wash used to remove loose dirt. Later you have to use mitt to lift bonded dirt if any. Also by using high pressure washer regular and getting the nozzle close to the paint, may strip the wax faster.

Let me try rinseless wash, but i do not see big difference between these two wash methods.
      Conventional wash method requires lots of water with pressure to get rid of shampoo and then dry it with many mf cloths. This method is preferred when the car is medium to heavily dirty.

Rinseless wash works without harm when the car is somewhat dusty but we cannot depend on it always.
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

yes i am doing ultima waterless wash, spray adequate amount on panel and wipe before it dries.
      try rinse less, much better and safer than waterless, search garry dean wash method on youtube
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Thread Information