• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 406 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 4054

    Thread: Car detailing doubts

    1. #11
      Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...
       
      Awesome
       
      optimus_prime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,953
      Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      For shine use a regular Carnauba wax or 3M. But the issue is, you need to buff. People buff using machine that rotates are several 100's (may be even 1000s not sure) RPM, I highly doubt if that can be done with hands
      Probably very tough to get the same effect as the rotary buffer. You will need to split the work over 2 days and spend a lot of time each day buffing like crazy till you get rid of the swirls and start seeing the sine.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

    2. #12
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      219
      Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      For shine use a regular Carnauba wax or 3M. But the issue is, you need to buff. People buff using machine that rotates are several 100's (may be even 1000s not sure) RPM, I highly doubt if that can be done with hands
      But in the earlier post you mentioned that you got a very good finish on your Car with just your hands using the 845 polish

    3. #13

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      Aargee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
      Posts
      3,971
      ^^^ Saar...good finish is quite different from Shine; Waxing is different from Polishing

      If your paints are dull & you want shine, then go by what optimus_prime says - BUFFING!!!
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

    4. #14
      Hondameister
      Formerly IITK
       
      Awesome
       
      sgiitk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Kanpur
      Posts
      3,793
      An old way of restoring the gloss, which I am told is less damaging than rubbing compound is to use Jewellers Rouge.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

    5. #15
      Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...
       
      Awesome
       
      optimus_prime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,953
      Quote Originally Posted by shravank30 View Post
      But in the earlier post you mentioned that you got a very good finish on your Car with just your hands using the 845 polish
      This thread should answer a lot of your questions.

      The comprehensive Car Care Thread

      Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk
      An old way of restoring the gloss, which I am told is less damaging than rubbing compound is to use Jewellers Rouge.
      Sir is this not the same as clay bars?


      EDIT:
      mclaren1885 - is there anyway we can get mkh, nirmaljusdoit and sohail99 from tbhp to sign up here? There really is no one to beat them when it comes to detailing.
      Last edited by optimus_prime; 29th Mar 2011 at 15:58.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

    6. #16
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      219
      Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      ^^^ Saar...good finish is quite different from Shine; Waxing is different from Polishing
      Dude to me the terms were the same to be frank..as I already admitted earlier that I am doing the paint protection 1st time in my life

      If use of Power tools is a must for a good shine, then I think I will have to use 3M sevice centre only
      Last edited by shravank30; 29th Mar 2011 at 16:06.

    7. #17
      Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p
       
      Awesome
       
      mclaren1885's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      22,520
      Quote Originally Posted by optimus_prime View Post
      mclaren1885 - is there anyway we can get mkh, nirmaljusdoit and sohail99 from tbhp to sign up here? There really is no one to beat them when it comes to detailing
      Yes optimus_prime. You can PM them on TBHP

    8. #18
      Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...
       
      Awesome
       
      optimus_prime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,953
      Quote Originally Posted by shravank30 View Post
      Dude to me the terms were the same to be frank..as I already admitted earlier that I am doing the paint protection 1st time in my life
      Difference Between Car Polish Wax | eHow.com

      meguiars.com: FAQ - What's the difference between polish and wax? (Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle)

      Should You Wax or Polish Your Car? | eHow.com

      mclaren1885 - I thought PMs there are monitored I think goddy is in touch with them.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

    9. #19
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      219
      Quote Originally Posted by optimus_prime View Post
      meguiars.com: FAQ - What's the difference between polish and wax? (Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle)
      Then Should I buy the following package ?
      Meguiars Deep Crystal - Clean, Polish, Wax
      Products - Auto-Mall.in

      Can I get a reasonably good effect if used without Power tools on a Non metallic White
      (The Brochure says that they are specially formulated for darker shades)

    10. #20
      Hondameister
      Formerly IITK
       
      Awesome
       
      sgiitk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Kanpur
      Posts
      3,793
      Quote Originally Posted by optimus_prime View Post
      Sir is this not the same as clay bars?
      Could be, but a lot easier to procure.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

    Page 2 of 406 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. RTO doubts
      By agn in forum RTO, Law, Loans & Insurance
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: 15th Mar 2013, 13:27
    2. Car interior q:bump that runs through the length of the car?
      By curious in forum Bodywork & Interiors
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 27th Dec 2012, 20:12
    3. Replies: 26
      Last Post: 12th Sep 2011, 21:25
    4. CAR CARes - A Car Buff's Dream
      By crankurshaft in forum General Discussions
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 30th Mar 2011, 08:55
    5. Synchromesh Doubts
      By Ripper in forum Engines & Transmissions
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: 6th Sep 2010, 18:58

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •