I'm back with my dilemma of which hatch to buy. I'd posted a thread earlier about which diesel hatch to buy, but then decided against it as I've realized that my running is not much. So this time I'm hunting for a petrol hatch. Unfortunately, as many choices as there are, they are equally difficult to compare and choose from. So w/o blabbering any further here are the cars I'm thinking about.
1. i20 Magna 1.2L - Good interiors and exterior styling. Safety features. Feel of premium hatch. Downsides - dead steering, underpowered. Positives - HASS, good built, premium feel
2. VW Polo Trendline 1.2L - Good interiors and exteriors. Good to drive. Not many features at the price tag. Downsides - 3 pot engine, servicing exp and costs. Positives - Solid built, new style
3. Ford Figo Zxi 1.2L - Decent looks; not killer. Practical interiors, spacious. Good handling and FTD. Downsides - underpowered. Positives - FASS, resale
4. MS Swift Vxi 1.2 - Old model, but better than Ritz at this car segment. Positives - MASS, mileage, resale value.
These are not final and I'm open to suggestions. I did not consider Nissan Micra, Hyundai i10 because I think they are girly models (no offence).
Requirements and usage:
Please help me in deciding the best option. Here's how the vehicle would be used:
1. I mostly drive to office alone. On weekends I go out with family (4 adults). We're not tall or heavy. Average adults.
2. Daily running to/fro office is 50kms. Weekend running is avg. 50kms.
3. Would be mostly run within city.
4. A.S.S. should be good. Maintenance costs should be decent.
5. And above all, the 'kitna dete hai question' - should be light on pocket to run the vehicle.
6. I intend to keep the vehicle for max period of 4/5years, so resale should be decent.
7. Vehicle would be used in Pune/Mumbai - with occasional trips between Pune, Mumbai and Nashi
Don't want to go over 6 lacs OTR.
Please let me know your experiences and suggestions to help me choose the right one. Thank you.