• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A Peep into the World of Digital Audio Formats

Audio Banned

Awesome

i bought about 5 honey bee collections a year ago. some recording were good and some were real bad. he claims to use high end stiff for mastering from analogue to digital. but sadly could hear noise and distortion in many a songs.
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 4-channel amps, Dayton Reference 7 inch midbass, Dayton 4 inch reference midrange and Dayton AMT Tweeters, Infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer
      Home Audio, 3-way active - Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, Dayton Audio 3-way tower speakers.

On the Move

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Prasathre View Post
      nagaraj15 Today one of my friend checked the news with Mr Theni Kanan (PRO of IR) he informed him that through Raja digital they are going to release CD's.
      Im yet to receive more details on that.
      If the authentic Digitally recorded Cd are being released inform me at chennai where we can get, want to get them first.

On the Move

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      i bought about 5 honey bee collections a year ago. some recording were good and some were real bad. he claims to use high end stiff for mastering from analogue to digital. but sadly could hear noise and distortion in many a songs.
      One more supporter, i have no ill will towards Muthusamy Ilaiyaraja, in fact talking to him is a great pleasure as he has high regards for IR, and says only AYYA to address IR.
      But somehow the efforts which he mentions on his facebook page is not reflected in the CD.
      He claims close to 2 months spent to master the song, if you hear it there will not be any special effects to it.
      TO hear a digital mastered recording, one should try naseer hits, i cannot give the link as the admin will say MP3 links are not allowed.
      NAseer ilamaikalanagal paada vanthatho gaanam, Sevvarai thothailae from bagavathypuram railway gate, if you hear it you can feel all the new effects which were not heard in the earlier recording will be audible immediately. But his works are few.
      ANyway i have not heard his DTS cd, i have heard normal HIFI cd in car stereo set up. How does his DTS sound in dolby encoded system

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nagaraj15 View Post
      ANyway i have not heard his DTS cd
      I finally could never get to like music in surround format. Was kinda exited the first time the possibility was announced and heard a few tracks (some popular Tamil/Hindi melodies and English rock and classical) cut in 5.1 dolby surround and also in 2-channel dolby virtual surround. Though it sounded good initially it kinda never grew on me. The 360 degree spaciousness after sometime causes listening fatigue. I prefer ambiophonics to surround.

I had also attempted and successfully done a 5.1 for Pink Floyd's DSOM using a software. (took almost a year to accomplish).
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Ref. MX cables, entec speaker cables, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 4-channel amps, Dayton Reference 7 inch midbass, Dayton 4 inch reference midrange and Dayton AMT Tweeters, Infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer
      Home Audio, 3-way active - Dune Media Player, Parasound ZDAc v2, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, Dayton Audio 3-way tower speakers.

vrooooomm + dinchak

Awesome

i have not heard his DTS cd
      nagaraj15 its purely depends on the individual liking wether they want to hear in a Stereo format or dolby 5.1 format .IMHO i would anytime prefer to hear in stereo format (in car audio system) just tried to hear some songs in DTS format initially it was exciting but slowly it got faded away and i prefer hearing it in stereo format and keep the DTS to movie watching alone.

- - - Updated - - -

If the authentic Digitally recorded Cd are being released inform me at chennai where we can get, want to get them first.
      Sure i will
      Astar - Denon DCT - R1|SO55neo| SO19neo| SO165-2.8|Brian B4|SO250 Sub|Ground zero 2 ch AMP
      XUV 500 W8 - Stock
      Falcon A.K.A Rapid - Stock

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information