• Secret
  • Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259
    Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2590

Thread: Accidents in India

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

I knew an Indian woman in Sweden who had a licence but had never driven a car before. She said she paid 500 rupees years ago and a guy came with her licence.
      There is no easy fix in India. They are passing new drivers in the thousands every day.
      The police are corrupt and drastic measures are needed but that government will lose the elections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      I knew an Indian woman in Sweden who had a licence but had never driven a car before. She said she paid 500 rupees years ago and a guy came with her licence.
      There is no easy fix in India. They are passing new drivers in the thousands every day.
      The police are corrupt and drastic measures are needed but that government will lose the elections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wow, that's strange. I applied for a license in my hometown in North India around 14 years ago. I already had a 2 wheeler license and wanted a 4 wheeler license. I was asked to pay 3k above and over the official fees. And this is what 3k got me: I was asked to appear for a driving test. I was assured it was a formality but was asked to bring my car to 'keep up appearances'.
      I turned up at the appointed hour in a big open ground along with 50 other aspirants.
      The rto people had made a huge L shape with chalk and also made a sort of running track around the ground with chalk powder.
      ' What a thorough scam' I thought to myself. Maybe they want to keep up appearances. Most of the other drivers had paid too, so they were bored and waiting to collect their licenses and go home.
      The rto people had arranged 1 chair for the big officer. One. The others had to stand around like servents of the king. He had someone holding a black umbrella over his head. He was himself wearing white clothes and the hat that cricketers wear in test matches.
      They had arranged a table for the officer too.
      So he gets up and everyone listens attentively. It was an open ground so his voice didn't carry far.
      He was saying something about driving in a l shape and one round along the track without the engine stalling!!
      I thought to myself ' these guys are running a thorough scam', but they do pay attention to detail.
      So they call out the first name. Someone called Ashok. An officer explains the rules to him, he starts his car, puts it in gear and immediately stalls. The officer impressively says 'stop, rejected', puts something in the and calls 'next'.
      Ashok is angry now, he gets down and talks angrily to the junior officer. ' I paid money for this!!', the junior officer says that his application is rejected and now he will have to apply after 3 months. 'i will talk later ' the junior assures Ashok and sends him away.

My name was 35th in the list. Suddenly someone called my name. I was surprised, and turned around, and that's when I noticed: out of the original crowd only 5-6 people remained!!
      So I got into my dad's maruti 800, made the L shape turns, backed out and made a loop around the ground and had my license approved.

And then there was the questions that I had to answer to the examiner on the test later that day.
      So 3k got me a ticket to the test. I still had to pass it, and still had to drive in a nice muddy field to get it.
      That's corruption. If I hadn't paid, they would have probably lost my application or it would got infinitely delayed.
      Just my experience

Live to Drive

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      So 3k got me a ticket to the test. I still had to pass it
      I applied through an agent. Not so well versed in the RTO formalities back then. I was already good in driving. So skipped the driving school and directly went for driving test. The agent collected the license fees + 500 for arranging a dummy driving school certificate, and +300 for using some one else's car for the driving test. (My family didn't own a car back then 2009).

The test was very formal and the inspector seemed to be very strict. Rejected 3 applicants after 3 minutes of each driving and approved me within 15 seconds. Mostly these agents play the game and swallow excess money. For me, the 800 extra bucks was quite reasonable.

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

I have been saying this for a very long time. RTO in India is a joke that we should not be laughing about.

Check this campaign. This should be our target.

_

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      I have been saying this for a very long time. RTO in India is a joke that we should not be laughing about.
      I got my DL without paying anything extra in 2011. Applied directly, attended all tests. The process was very smooth. When I gor my 2 wheeler DL in 2006, its all a different world. There is a change in the recent days.

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

I got both of car's and 2 wheelers licence in Delhi without paying a bribe and that was long time back. Infact there is an interesting story where the officer gave me money to get the license as I was short on cash that day for some stupid reasons and they had raised the fee too. Interesting day for sure now that I recall.

Pio
      80PRS | 7" Tablet | DigiOne Signature| AP Brahma6W | AP New NZ3 | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Wow, nobopdy ran away after hitting, a rare sight in India.

Watch this video share your opinion:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=587230078422982

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Wow,
      Quite unbelievable!

Bike certainly at fault for sudden changing the lanes. Merc should also have been at a speed which they could control.

Car ran over the guy and he came out walking - seriously?

The girl stuck under the front bumper was unharmed as well. The older gentleman was able to lift and push the Merc all by himself to free the girl. So many unbelievable things together.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      The older gentleman was able to lift and push the Merc all by himself to free the girl.
      The driver reversed and then she was pulled out by the 2 other people. Surely biker at fault. Merc could've braked or could've attempted to swerve hard, but thank god nothing fatal. Their guardian angel saved them !
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 8th Apr 2019 at 11:12.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Also note the bike rider with orange cheked shirt. Heavy front wheels of the Merc crushed him with full downforce with applied brakes.

The white shirt gentleman pulled him out, then the white shirt guy started looking for how many more stuff got stuck under the car.

Later when everyone got busy at the front of the car, the orange shirt guy quietly started moving towards the road corner looking for safer place.

Would have been better if he had realised danger of being on the road a little earlier while riding the bike instead of being casul.

Name:  01.png
Views: 39
Size:  256.3 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	653.8 KB 
ID:	235903

Name:	04.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	754.4 KB 
ID:	235904

Name:	05.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	933.4 KB 
ID:	235905

Name:	05b.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	235907

Name:	06.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	235906
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 8th Apr 2019 at 11:41.

Thread Information